Which team has the worst identity?

Ark

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Friday, July 29, 2016 at 2:27 AM, dont care said:

Does anyone else's head begin to hurt when ever they read a post by BroncoBuff?

,,  . . .232323.JPG

Now CUT THAT OUT!

What happened was, I was NEW here, see...

New to the message board, nobody TOLD me

UglyBus was SENSITIVE to loud NOISES!

If someone had TOLD me, why of COURSE

I would have toned it down, you understand.

wS7MJ6T.png

On 7/29/2016 at 6:15 PM, MCM0313 said:

Are you kidding? I think he makes himself very clear, aside from the font.

I mean the different fonts, colors, and the paragraph breaks in the middle of sentences make the writing seem disjointed and rambling, regardless of the validity of the content.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

9 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I mean the different fonts, colors, and the paragraph breaks in the middle of sentences make the writing seem disjointed and rambling, regardless of the validity of the content.

Well, I've used one size larger font pretty regularly ... but I very rarely change colors, and I have never changed fonts (near as I can tell, the formatting here doesn't allow for it).  Lastly, as far as paragraph breaks, yes I make them frequently - but not in the middle of thoughts, rather to separate thought so they're easier to respond to.

But hey,  thanks for playing!

Lemme ask the most easily irritated of you guys: Why do you figure text formatting is a feature that comes with message board software?

wS7MJ6T.png

Clippers!

They should move back to San Diego, or get a new arena built down by the OC Airport, Newport Beach area. 

Really the Lakers and Jazz probably have the stupidest names that have nothing to do with their markets, but have been around long enough to obviously built a great identity. When people think of the Lakers, they only think of the basketball team and have no idea what a "Laker" is. Made sense when they were the Minneapolis Lakers, where Minnesota is the "land of a thousand lakes". Why the Jazz didn't change their name when they moved from New Orleans is a mystery. I remember when Vancouver Grizzlies were thinking of moving to New Orleans before deciding on Memphis, there was serious talk about swapping their nicknames. 

6 hours ago, RickAZ said:

Lakers and Jazz probably have the stupidest names that have nothing to do with their markets. Made sense when they were the Minneapolis Lakers.

My point exactly ... those names were uniquely perfect where they were before.  But there's no jazz in Utah, and no lakes in Los Angeles. None. Keeping the old names - it's as if their hearts weren't into moving or something.  The only name that'd be worse? If the Houston Texans moved to, say, Portland ... but kept their name.

The idea that Memphis and NOLA might've swapped names .... Jazz and Lakers maybe should've too ... after all, there's a HUGE lake in Salt Lake City.

But that reminds me of an idea me and others have been pimpin' for decades now.  Public rights/ownership of name, logo, colors. Especially when owners get new stadiums they want with substantial taxpayer funding. Browns re-started their team, complete with name, colors, (no) logo and history. That worked out pretty well ....

wS7MJ6T.png

6 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

My point exactly ... those names were uniquely perfect where they were before.  But there's no jazz in Utah, and no lakes in Los Angeles. None. Keeping the old names - it's as if their hearts weren't into moving or something.  The only name that'd be worse? If the Houston Texans moved to, say, Portland ... but kept their name.

The idea that Memphis and NOLA might've swapped names .... Jazz and Lakers maybe should've too ... after all, there's a HUGE lake in Salt Lake City.

But that reminds me of an idea me and others have been pimpin' for decades now.  Public rights/ownership of name, logo, colors. Especially when owners get new stadiums they want with substantial taxpayer funding. Browns re-started their team, complete with name, colors, (no) logo and history. That worked out pretty well ....

I would agree with this except for the Lakers. That name has now transcended its original meaning and now just means "The Los Angeles Lakers Basketball Team". Everyone knows what the Lakers are. They are arguably with the Celtics the top team in the history of the NBA. And oh by the way, the Celtics pronounce their name incorrectly. Celtic is pronounced "Keltic". 

18 hours ago, RickAZ said:

Clippers!

They should move back to San Diego, or get a new arena built down by the OC Airport, Newport Beach area. 

Really the Lakers and Jazz probably have the stupidest names that have nothing to do with their markets, but have been around long enough to obviously built a great identity. When people think of the Lakers, they only think of the basketball team and have no idea what a "Laker" is. Made sense when they were the Minneapolis Lakers, where Minnesota is the "land of a thousand lakes". Why the Jazz didn't change their name when they moved from New Orleans is a mystery. I remember when Vancouver Grizzlies were thinking of moving to New Orleans before deciding on Memphis, there was serious talk about swapping their nicknames. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:
6 hours ago, gek_6 said:

20150306-MJDquotes.jpg1109_mjonesdrew.jpg

I don't think these look bad in these pics, because you can't see the dopey gold portion of the helmet.  If they just made the entire helmet black they wouldn't have a bad look today

Their teal jersey should be the main home. I hate the black on black on black look with the wacky pant stripes. The gradient helmet it horrible and should be all black. Have a black helmet, teal jersey, black pants and the black socks. They'll be similar to the old Jaguars look yet with the new font, logo, and striping. I still hate the pant stripes but I don't see them changing them anytime soon. 

the day the jags switched to black numbers on the road, their identity died. before that, it was a beautiful look. that signaled the end, and a complete disruption of their unique color balance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2016 at 8:57 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

NBA - Thunder, Clippers, Hawks, 

NFL - Washington, Jaguars, Buccaneers

MLB - Marlins, Diamondbacks, Rays, Nationals, Cardinals

NHL - Lightning, Hurricanes, Capitals, Coyotes

had to group them all together, couldn't pick one. i included uniforms as part of teh identity

MLB: Cardinals???????

49 minutes ago, verno said:

MLB: Cardinals???????

perhaps the most unpopular unpopular opinion, but very much yes. poorly drawn, complex logo with a dated, sloppy word mark and a bland uniform design and color palette. the identity is kitsch.  

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived