Professional Dodgeball Coalition 2.0

Windell918

I'm not a fan of the font. It makes some of the letters look weird, especially the W. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Uglybus said:

I'm not a fan of the font. It makes some of the letters look weird, especially the W. 

I can I can see this. I really like the font sans the N V and W. Do you dislike the other letters or just that?

EDIT : I changed the original post with an updated version with new lettering. 

And the rival to Ottawa is... Calgary!Drillers-Logo.jpg

This one actually just changed. Until yesterday it was still the "Calgary Riggers" I still like the name but I had a friend of mind looking through these and he mention how "riggers" sounds offensive. I still say its only offensive if you make it that way but given that was an issue before I decided to take the "PC" road and change the name to the "Drillers"

Drillers-Jersey.jpg

The crest had plenty of elements that lent to a fun uniform to make. I wanted a unique sublimation. So i came up with this: My thought being oil smearing as if you run your finger though it but also incorporating the sharp jaggedness of the maple leaf.

Drillers-Gear.jpg

Went with "rough necks" a common nickname for oil workers. Lots of pink here. I think it would really contrast well with the black and white uniforms.

Drillers-Court.jpg

I think I did something similar with the old court: Using the oil rigs the same way the the Timberwolves used to use the trees. 

That concludes the PDC in Canada: but there are still a couple PDRL teams left up there.

C-squared always enjoyed.

Every fourth day you will get to see a PDRL team. Admittedly, these may be a bit boring. Certain elements are left "generic" on purpose. The idea is to make the developmental players strive for the flash and flare that is in the big leagues. I love semipro baseball but they make it fun for their players with crazy jerseys and events. Staying a semipro your whole career wouldn't be a bad gig. So here are some rules about the PDRL:

•No player names on the jerseys. You have to actually "make a name for yourself" by going pro.

•Teams must adhere to the Adidas jersey template set out by the league only changing for their team logo and team colors and sponsors. 

•Teams will have the league slogan " Greatness starts here" on their warmup shirts. 

•Players will wear a patch on their left shoulder representing which parent organization they are affiliated with. 

•Team courts will follow a template format with parent organizations' logos and no special court painting.

•A player may only remain with their organization for two season (three if injury occurs->similar to redshirt rule) If they have not been called up to main club by this point they enter a supplemental draft at the end of the season. A player can not be redrafted by its original club but could be drafted by a rival club meaning they would remain on the same PDRL club. In theory a player could remain in the PDRL for their whole career but would not remain with the same club. If a player is not drafted in the supplemental draft they become a free agent. 

• Once a player has played 11 games (more than half a season) at the pro level they are no longer eligible to play in the PDRL. 

Here is the first club.

Chill-Logo.jpg

Moving from Charlottetown to Montreal with a slight color change: eliminating the gradient.

Chill-Jersey.jpg

This is the template that will be used for all PDRL teams

Chill-Gear.jpg

Here is their gear drawing mainly from the blue in the color scheme.

Chill-Court.jpg

And here is the court, using the templated design layout  you will see of for all PDRL teams.

Hope you like this club, up next we move to the midwest for the championship Runners-up from last year.

Creative,Constructive Critiques Always Enjoyed.

I have to work early in the AM so I days like today I will post the next team the night before. Better than the night of I would think. Here the next squad:

Union-Logo.jpg

C-Bus had quite the following last time so I didn't change much. I did rework the outlining (simplified) and thicken the center pattern. I also darken the blue a smidgen for better contrast. 

Union-Jerseys.jpg

These uniforms used pretty much the same ideas as the old. Didn't feel it was broke then. 

Union-Gear.jpg

"Union Made" was an easy pick for the slogan. Wont get into workforce politics but it sounded good!

Union-Court.jpg

"Nationwide is on your side"

Hope ya dig the new version as the old. Up next will be a set of ladies that would make Lancelot proud

I wasn't sure whether you changed the cream or the blue, but I knew something looked different. I guess it's the blue. I think that the logos look good, but the uniforms could be a little better. I think one major change would be to remove the huge rectangle down the middle but leave the 2 lines and star. This way the uniforms would still be unique, but there wouldn't be a huge rectangle stamped right smack dab in the middle of the jersey. I love the updated color scheme though.

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 5:45 AM, Windell918 said:

And the rival to Ottawa is... Calgary!Drillers-Logo.jpg

This one actually just changed. Until yesterday it was still the "Calgary Riggers" I still like the name but I had a friend of mind looking through these and he mention how "riggers" sounds offensive. I still say its only offensive if you make it that way but given that was an issue before I decided to take the "PC" road and change the name to the "Drillers"

Drillers-Jersey.jpg

The crest had plenty of elements that lent to a fun uniform to make. I wanted a unique sublimation. So i came up with this: My thought being oil smearing as if you run your finger though it but also incorporating the sharp jaggedness of the maple leaf.

Drillers-Gear.jpg

Went with "rough necks" a common nickname for oil workers. Lots of pink here. I think it would really contrast well with the black and white uniforms.

Drillers-Court.jpg

I think I did something similar with the old court: Using the oil rigs the same way the the Timberwolves used to use the trees. 

That concludes the PDC in Canada: but there are still a couple PDRL teams left up there.

C-squared always enjoyed.

Does Bret Hart own this franchise?

On June 24, 2016 at 6:15 PM, Windell918 said:

I have to work early in the AM so I days like today I will post the next team the night before. Better than the night of I would think. Here the next squad:

Union-Logo.jpg

C-Bus had quite the following last time so I didn't change much. I did rework the outlining (simplified) and thicken the center pattern. I also darken the blue a smidgen for better contrast. 

Union-Jerseys.jpg

These uniforms used pretty much the same ideas as the old. Didn't feel it was broke then. 

Union-Gear.jpg

"Union Made" was an easy pick for the slogan. Wont get into workforce politics but it sounded good!

Union-Court.jpg

"Nationwide is on your side"

Hope ya dig the new version as the old. Up next will be a set of ladies that would make Lancelot proud

Can't see the images

ujju2- I was editing the post as you posted that. Probably why.

I have edited the Union Set in the original post. Mainly reworked the jerseys but changed the grey some in the process.

Next up is Maryland:

Lancers-Logo.jpg

I thickened some of the outlines and touched up some of the patterning. 

Lancers-Jerseys.jpg

This is the first use show of the other template formate Im using with the adidas waist band. FLAG PATTERN!

Lancers-Gear.jpg

Pas D'Armes is a french jousting turn meaning "passing of the arms" often used as a competition title. Seemed fitting for a game where the players main offense is their arms.

Lancers-Court.jpg

Hey Maryland Flag. How you doin'?

Hope ya approve. Up next will a bit of a combination of a couple concepts in a new city that will hopefully "steel" the show!

Heres the next set: A combination of the old Portland name and logos and Yukon's Jersey and court, with the color scheme of the the new city, Pittsburgh. 

Prowlers-Logo.jpg 

Every league has at least one stylized monogram. I decided to do that for Pittsburgh. I feel the color scheme and the design elements in other parts make the simpler logo ok. 

Prowlers-Jerseys.jpg

One of my favorite jerseys from the first go round was Yukon's. While the logos weren't among my favorites I wanted to make sure the jersey design made it in. Also went off the color scheme to include the blue and white checker pattern from Pittsburgh's flag.

Prowlers-Gear.jpg

I felt like "On the Prowl" was a simple tie to the team name. Went with black for the gear so they would have an all black look at home. Panther-esque

Prowlers-Court.jpg

The court echoes the jersey pattern on center court and has little black so the all black uniforms jump off the court.

Raise anchor as we move on to the next PDRL team tomorrow!

Been gone for a few days so I missed the first few teams. Gotta say, I'm super excited that dodgeball is back. I like seeing your old teams re-purposed, but I'd loved to get some new identities further down the line. For Pittsburgh, I really like the monogram, but I'd also love to see your prowling cat from the original Portland set get some usage. Keep up the good work, I'll be eagerly awaiting the daily dose of dodgeball as the series continues!

9 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

Did I see a team in Brooklyn and NYC??? I am intrigued

Yep Brooklyn in the PDRL and NYC and NJ in the PDC. Buffalo actually gets a spot in the LPDC too if that's important to ya!

Archived