Professional Dodgeball Coalition 2.0

Windell918

Last few introductory pieces: First up a few additional marks for rivalry week, the playoffs and the championship. ADDITIONAL-MARKS.jpg

The championship logo feature the Abraham Q. Blinkon Trophy awarded to the league champion.  The rivalry week logo features a combination of elements from the conference logos. ADDITIONAL-MARKS2.jpg

These logos feature the same overall layouts with color changes to tie to the league colors and the bronze and pewter league trophies. All the star represent the number of playoff teams. 

Television-Marks.jpg

Television-Marks-LPDC.jpg

These were possibly my favorite part of the project. I studied current sport markings for the different networks and put together a set of program names and marks for the weekly national broadcasts....if only this was real haha! Makes it so you could watch a dodgeball game every night of the week if you want on this schedule:

Monday- LPDC Ladies night on TNT

Tuesday - PDC Tuesday Night Dodgeball

Wednesday - LPDC Midweek Matchup on TBS

Thursday - PDC Game of the Week on TBS

Friday - PDC Fox Dodgeball Friday on Fox

Saturday - PDC Dodgeball Night in America on NBC

Sunday - PDC Sunday Afternoon Dodgeball on ABC (afternoon) and Sunday LPDC Showcase on ESPN (evening)

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Even though it's in ur original thread, I've been to Topeka, and I personally think they should be moved to Wichita, the city has the Intrust Bank Arena, which is bigger than the Expocenter and would be the first major league tenant (barring reality), and a bigger metro and suburban area than Topeka, opening the door to more potential fans, but again, it's just a personal gripe, and I will still root for them wherever they are.

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

This looks fantastic! Love everything about this so far and I'm very excited to see how this progresses. You're first PDC was incredible and I'm sure this one will be even better.

I just hope you will be at least kind of open to feedback and changing your logo sets a bit even though they are all done...

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

6 hours ago, Jabel777 said:

This looks fantastic! Love everything about this so far and I'm very excited to see how this progresses. You're first PDC was incredible and I'm sure this one will be even better.

I just hope you will be at least kind of open to feedback and changing your logo sets a bit even though they are all done...

I will be from design stand point. But from an alignment stand point it would take to much to change. But I will put priority to releasing new material on the schedule I have over updating things. So like if there's suggestions to fix team a that I like  it may get "updated" the same day as team b or c.

Here are the reigning and defending champs!Highlanders-Logo.jpg

Its hard to change much about the team voted best overall, but you get your first peek at the new template in action and the new stamp feature. Of course when dealing with a tartan logo you cant really translate that to one color so that change was made.

Highlanders-Jersey.jpg

These uniforms were fun to make using the tartan sublimation.The sword on the side panels face each other to suggest battle. As you can see there will be sponsors on the back below the number. They will be companies in or around the city represented. Funny using Corel as a sponsor for something designed with Adobe. The back of the shorts have the city's motto "advance" which seemed fitting for the overall concept here. 

Highlanders-Gear.jpg

And heres your first look at this template in action. The goal is to find a color set for the add-ons that would work for both uniforms. 

Highlanders-Court.jpg

And heres their court. As you can see the courts now feature a website and twitter handle (fictional of course).

Well there you have it. First team on the boards. Nothing crazy change wise but I hope you like the way it translates to the new set up. 

C-squared always enjoyed!

Wow. This is an exiting time. Everything I've seen so far is simply grand. Let's go Oklahoma!

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

1 hour ago, NoE38 said:

:notworthy:

Amazing start!

Would you be able to do the TV logos for Canadian broadcasters?

haha I wouldn't know the slightest about Canadian TV. Probably wouldn't do it justice. Thanks though!

The logos look fantastic, as does the court, but the uniforms seem a tad bit busy. I think the two different patterns in one jersey make it a little bit too busy, but the basis is good. I like the font and I also like the sublimated pattern. I really like the idea on the side panel and it works really well.

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

50 minutes ago, Jabel777 said:

The logos look fantastic, as does the court, but the uniforms seem a tad bit busy. I think the two different patterns in one jersey make it a little bit too busy, but the basis is good. I like the font and I also like the sublimated pattern. I really like the idea on the side panel and it works really well.

Thanks! The sublimation is actually the same tartan as the trim in a single color version. In real life I would imagine it to be lighter but on the computer I can only go so light on the computer that it shows up. So to some extent I agree on the busy. But on the other hand feel the business lends to the theme and is cohesive.

19 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Love it but the highlanders logo  looks off center on their uniforms or it just might be my eyes

I see it but I open the file and throw some guide lines up and it's is centered. I think it may be the adidas logo on the left with nothing on the right that makes it appear off centered. 

Thanks for feedback guys!

Up next we stay in the North. (by the way the teams will be released in loose systematic order where you'll get a PDC team, then a nearby LPDC team, then the PDC team's rival team, then their shared PDRL team. It won't alway be that perfect but its close) When I decided to make the LPDC there was one old concept that I thought was a perfect fit. The name "Skyliners" was fun for the men but now that there's a women league and its rhyming with "eyeliner" its even better. So heres Toronto!

Skyliners-Logo.jpg

What was the secondary  was in my opinion the better mark and is now the primary mark. It could be a good mark for anything Toronto but I feel fits this concept nicely. 

Skyliners-Jerseys.jpg

The jersey are where the "skyline" part of this concept really comes into play. I really had fun with this color scheme and though it turned out quite bold.

Skyliners-Gear.jpg

So I went with a tag-line of "quite the view" It kind of has a triple meaning. The skyline if nice to look at. The girls are nice to look at. The games are fun to watch. You could even say it ties loosely to the eyeliner bit....loosely.

Skyliners-Court.jpg

I was able to get the skyline on the court again this time. It actually fits better on this layout because you can see the Air Canada Center which was obstructed by the court lines in the old version.

Hope ya like my first attempt at women's sports.

C-square always enjoyed!

Archived