Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

Actually, that seemed like an Arrested Development scene. Where's GOB when you need him?

This, and the scene when Buster tries to free Gob from the Banana Stand with the crane are my two favorite scenes of the whole series. 

And yeah, this was somehow a better production than the unveil tonight! 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

He did put some thought into ripping off the Army Black Knights.

Any chance they could sue, force Vegas to change? (ala the Jaguars or Ravens)

Based on the low bar set in the Iowa/Southern Miss case, I'd say the Army definitely has a case.  I could totally think that was an Army Black Knights logo if I hadn't been following along the whole time.

http://footballscoop.com/news/after-losing-trademark-infringement-case-vs-iowa-southern-miss-unveils-new-logo/

I wish they wouldn't use black.  I hate that.  Charcoal is great - use that!  Drop black, for the love of all that is good and holy.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So...

The name. I admit that I love the idea of "Knights" as a name. I think it's woefully underused in sports, and I'm glad a team in the "big four" is finally running with it. That being said..."Golden Knights" was the worst option. "Silver Knights" would have tied into Nevada's nickname "the Silver State." "Desert Knights" had a bit of unique flare to it. "Golden Knights" just seems...lame.

It's made even worse by the decision to just use "Vegas" instead of "Las Vegas." You're a pro team. Act like one. Use the full city name.

The primary logo is the saving grace. It works. It's more "Spartan" then I would like, but it works. I like it.

The alternate, on the other hand...yeesh. I get what they're going for, but it just looks bad. Sparky did up a much better version of the same concept.

I suspect that blue/grey colouring we see in the primary will be the colour of the home sweaters.

The unveiling....G-d. I didn't think you could have out-derp'd that Panthers unveiling but Vegas did it. Good job :censored: clowns.

I am for the for the most part indifferent. 

- Logo is alright and isn't a word mark, which is a plus.

- Just "Vegas" and all of "Golden Knights" adds some uniqueness even if it's a bit juvenile.

- Colours are classy, but also boring. Vegas gold does make sense for a team in Vegas. Don't love the black and how they look like the Ducks/Kings but those teams should be in different colours anyways.

It's not bad, and it's pretty safe outside of the name. We knew it was gonna be like this once all the details were leaked.

I'm not keen on the white highlight on the top left of the helmet by the helmet ridge.  It makes it so there's a minuscule punch out created there between the gold border of the shield and the gold of the helmet ridge.

Archived