Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

The logo is ok. It looks more like it belongs on MMA gear, or something, not a hockey sweater. The color scheme feels incredibly dark, on a city that should have utilized at least one vibrant, neon color (like magenta). The name feels amateurish. Foley couldn't stroke his Army erection with the Academy? No problem, let's use the parachute team, they're close. Overall, this could have gone worse, but it should have been so much better. Hopefully they kill the uniforms and do well, on the ice.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully it will look more like the hat picture with the color when it's on the jersey. The charcoal/gray color seems to be the primary, or at least a dominant color for the home jersey. We saw it used in the last all star game and would certainly be unique. Would have been more so if LA didn't come out with their silver/gray alt. 

Theres certainly a lot of potential for the uniform set and I'm still excited to see that. 

The blue gray color to me almost looks like a flat version of the Eagles green. I see more greenish-teal than anything. If they use it as the home jersey then at least it will be unique. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Just face it, they were damned if they did and damned if they didn't on a forum like this. If they went with vibrant colors, they'd be torn apart. They went with "bland" colors and guess what, getting torn apart. Some like the logos, some don't. Some will like the jerseys and some won't. 

Not everyone will be happy. Las Vegas Golden Knights is a mouth full. I'm fine with it just being Vegas Golden Knights. If you have a problem with that, please tell me how many times you say the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim"? Yeah, exactly. 

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

6 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Based on the low bar set in the Iowa/Southern Miss case, I'd say the Army definitely has a case.  I could totally think that was an Army Black Knights logo if I hadn't been following along the whole time.

http://footballscoop.com/news/after-losing-trademark-infringement-case-vs-iowa-southern-miss-unveils-new-logo/

Actually, I think this is a "be careful what you wish for".  IIRC, in the Creighton/Toronto Blue Jays case, Creighton agreed to never use their bird head alone-- always with a Creighton word mark underneath.  We could get the decent Golden Knights logo with some dumb wordmark always glued to it.

The primary logo has room for both charcoal and black, but not the red from their secondary?  Poor decision.  More red could have really helped to reduce the 'dull factor' of the scheme.  At least the secondary will look nice on the shoulders...  That's about the only compliment I can give at this point.  And that unveiling was a work, right?  Nobody could be that inept in real life, could they

Everyone from announcers to fans to your mom will call this team the Vegas Knights, so the whole "'Golden' ruins everything" argument is pretty dumb. It really isn't bad at all, and even if you don't like it, you'll barely hear it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

2 minutes ago, worcat said:

Just face it, they were damned if they did and damned if they didn't on a forum like this. If they went with vibrant colors, they'd be torn apart. They went with "bland" colors and guess what, getting torn apart. Some like the logos, some don't. Some will like the jerseys and some won't.

The general consensus seems to be that most people either like the logo or are indifferent.

The mockery is coming from the amateur hour unveiling. You're mad at people for made-up reasons.

8 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Looks even more teal with this flag on the NHL shop:

Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 9.54.16 PM.png

Teal, gold, and black is actually a really good color scheme.

The stripe! Habs, Panthers, Leafs alt, Las Vegas Vegas we can't be Knights so let's go with Golden Knights?

3 minutes ago, worcat said:

Not everyone will be happy. Las Vegas Golden Knights is a mouth full. I'm fine with it just being Vegas Golden Knights. If you have a problem with that, please tell me how many times you say the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim"? Yeah, exactly. 

It'll be "Vegas Knights" officially in a few years anyway. Hell, wouldn't be surprised if the locals are already calling them that.

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

The general consensus seems to be that most people either like the logo or are indifferent.

The mockery is coming from the amateur hour unveiling. You're mad at people for made-up reasons.

I could go back the last ten pages of so and quote people but i'm not going to waste anyones time.

I'm more concerned with this

" Bill Foley said Vegas Golden Knights jerseys would be ready by February at the earliest and June at the latest. "

that's a rather sizable time difference

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

3 minutes ago, jp1409 said:
4 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Looks even more teal with this flag on the NHL shop:

Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 9.54.16 PM.png

Teal, gold, and black is actually a really good color scheme.

The stripe! Habs, Panthers, Leafs alt...

I bet you this is what the home jersey will look like minus the wordmark. 

Archived