Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

3 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Looks even more teal with this flag on the NHL shop:

Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 9.54.16 PM.png

Teal, gold, and black is actually a really good color scheme.

I guarantee that script (VEGAS) will be on front of the jerseys.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Looks even more teal with this flag on the NHL shop:

Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 9.54.16 PM.png

Teal, gold, and black is actually a really good color scheme.

I like it a lot better on the gray background.  If you just see the logo, it looks like "messed up black" to me.  If you have more of it, it looks more like itself instead of not-black.

3 minutes ago, worcat said:

I could go back the last ten pages of so and quote people but i'm not going to waste anyones time.

Most people seem to either like the logos (like I do) or are indifferent. I'm sure you could find people who don't like them or the colours, but hey. Design is subjective. You can find people who dislike everything. The Blue Jays' unveiling of their current set is probably the most well-received re-brand I've ever seen on these forums, and you still had people who weren't fans. Can't let the negatives draw you away from the big picture.

Given the overall positive reaction to the logo? I think this whole thing would have been well-received had they used the full city name and not botched the presentation.

I mean I like the team name and logo, but come on. That unveiling was embarrassing to watch as a hockey fan.

The funny thing I noticed already is so many online are referring to them as:

The Vegas Golden Knights

It seems improper to just say "Vegas Golden Knights". Even in context where 'the' wouldn't be used it still seems to be used.

The irony of using 'The' by people listing the team name is funny

2 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Most people seem to either like the logos (like I do) or are indifferent. I'm sure you could find people who don't like them or the colours, but hey. Design is subjective. You can find people who dislike everything. The Blue Jays' unveiling of their current set is probably the most well-received re-brand I've ever seen on these forums, and you still had people who weren't fans. Can't let the negatives draw you away from the big picture.

Given the overall positive reaction to the logo? I think this whole thing would have been well-received had they used the full city name and not botched the presentation.

I mean I like the team name and logo, but come on. That unveiling was embarrassing to watch as a hockey fan.

I agree with you 100% about the reveal. Not arguing that. But the people throwing a fit over the colors or them dropping "Las" is what is annoying. I understand people will and can complain and dislike anything. I'll wait until the entire uniform set is released before I make my judgement. So far though, the logo's look promising 

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

1 hour ago, daniel75 said:

No entertainment for these people why they wait? i thought it started at 8:30, no?

Well, Vegas is a pretty boring town, not known for its nightlife, not a lot of entertainment options, not a lot of talent to choose from out there.
Honestly. I didn't watch, bt iyt sounds like the rollout couldn't have ben worse. Not a bad logo, though. Don't like "Golden." It sounds like a college program.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

3 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Jesus, not another 'Habs inspired' chest stripe...  Hopefully, that graphic is just for the flag design.  

It's just a template the manufacturer uses.  They have the same pattern available for other teams that don't use a chest stripe, and it doesn't match those teams' jersey striping patterns either.  I wouldn't read into it at all.

Just now, worcat said:

I agree with you 100% about the reveal. Not arguing that. But the people throwing a fit over the colors or them dropping "Las" is what is annoying. I understand people will and can complain and dislike anything. I'll wait until the entire uniform set is released before I make my judgement. So far though, the logo's look promising 

Likewise. I like the primary though, so I'm probably already in for a hat. The grey/slate/steel colour is neat, so that's a good sign if it's going to be the primary. I'll probably pick up a sweater if the striping pattern avoids looking template-y. 

Using "Vegas" instead of "Las Vegas" really bugs me though. Most cities with top flight teams have nicknames, but the teams don't use them. It just seems minor league. Like "Lake Erie Monsters" or "Raptors 905."

As a Nevada native who spent most of my formative years in Las Vegas, I have spent most of those years hoping for the city to get a major league sports franchise of our own, and the last handful of months arguing the merits of the city getting an NHL team over the hordes of "should have gone to Canada or Seattle instead." Yet tonight, which for many of us who waited a long time for this moment, we get treated to an absolute embarrassment of a presentation, a moniker a large number of us didn't want AND get our city name shortened because, God forbid, Bill Foley's erection for West Point doesn't get stroked... proper city naming be damned. I could eventually stomach the Golden Knights moniker. I also really like the logo and colors. However, the Vegas part? Nope. But hey.. get your merchandise and season tickets now!

Oh well. The Raiders are coming soon. At least Mark Davis will have enough respect for the city he will be calling home to name it by its proper billing.

Texas.gif

Archived