Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/18/2017 at 6:36 PM, coltravesty said:

if they're knights, they have to have grey gloves and helmet right>?

Since they're "Golden Knights" I wouldnt necessarily be opposed to a gold helmet in the vein of Notre Dame

nd-15-slider-m-hockey-lucia.jpg

If you're going to have that stupid adjective moniker, at least embrace it.  If you're going to call yourselves "golden," then be "golden" dammit! 

On 17/03/2017 at 7:05 PM, ColeJ said:

every non hockey fan that has seen me wear a nordiques jersey around dallas has mentioned just how ridiculously ugly the logo and jersey design look.

As an anecdotal counterpoint to your anecdote, I wear a Nordiques jersey here in Calgary sometimes, and every single comment I've gotten has come from people waxing nostalgic about the team, who like the baby blue jersey and the red abstract igloo.

It's honestly kind of surprising, since 25 years ago wearing a Nords jersey around here would've likely gotten me beaten up for supporting "those Frenchies". :P

4 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Since they're "Golden Knights" I wouldnt necessarily be opposed to a gold helmet in the vein of Notre Dame

nd-15-slider-m-hockey-lucia.jpg

If you're going to have that stupid adjective moniker, at least embrace it.  If you're going to call yourselves "golden," then be "golden" dammit! 

Yes! i had noted this pages back. 

• 1 month later...

Lemme get this straight . You're a brand new expansion team in a non-traditional market, and you can't get the league and uniform provider to ensure you can market the inaugural look all summer, let alone procure 35 sweaters to put a few players and team officials in during your expansion draft, revealed to us on national ? in your home town? Good grief.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/golden-knights-nhl/golden-knights-fans-wont-have-chance-to-buy-jerseys-until-august/

20 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Lemme get this straight . You're a brand new expansion team in a non-traditional market, and you can't get the league and uniform provider to ensure you can market the inaugural look all summer, let alone procure 35 sweaters to put a few players and team officials in during your expansion draft, revealed to us on national ? in your home town? Good grief.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/golden-knights-nhl/golden-knights-fans-wont-have-chance-to-buy-jerseys-until-august/

I don't really wish any kind of failure on this franchise but they are making it very difficult to want it to succeed.

28 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Wouldn't expect anything less from this cluster :censored: .

22 hours ago, NYYNYR said:

Sounds to me more like the switch over to Adidas from Reebok is killing the chance to buy fan jerseys, but I'd be shocked if they don't have them ready for the draft. If they aren't, I would assume that it's the fault of the manufacturer rather than the team, didn't they say a while back that the jerseys had been finalized?

8 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

Are there any other teams who use a colour on jerseys or merch that isn't on their logo?

These are the NHL teams I could think of...

Blue Jackets (Light Blue)

Lightning (Black)

Canucks (Green)

Rangers (Navy)

Jets (Light Blue)

Archived