Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/17/2017 at 10:11 PM, Bruins said:

image.jpeg

This concept is actually pretty nice.  Add a touch of red and lose the stripes on the pants, it could work.  I'm not totally sold on the idea of a slate grey uniform, but the Kings 50th jersey did look decent.  I'd have to wait for a final product to see if that would be good for a home jersey.

22 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Draft hat leaked C_Vk0roU0AAknUZ.jpg:large

Reminds me of a couple draft hats a few years ago in the NBA and I think maybe NHL did it too, where the side panel is the jersey striping. Once some of the others leak, we'll know for sure, but I do know that I'll be buying one!

21 hours ago, NoE38 said:

I hope and feel like this is what they will go with. I personally think this looks great.

Sure, why not. Arizona is precisely who Vegas should emulate...

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

22 hours ago, B-mer said:

So if that is the striping pattern, could it be something like this?  If it were, overall, not bad, but too similar to Arizona.

vgk4.thumb.png.57061b2972fab2e06689977c5ce147f5.png

Looks pretty good to me!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

42 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

The Wolves, who have earned four league championships, and the Golden Knights have forged an alliance based on their shared belief that winning is a crucial component of the American Hockey League experience. Vegas general manager George McPhee and Wolves owner Don Levin have it written into the teams’ agreement that the goal is to win championships at the AHL level.

FINALLY, an organization that values winning over losing. :)

6 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

FINALLY, an organization that values winning over losing. :)

So not only are the Wolves going to :censored: over the Knights, but they will do so with the Knights' blessing?

AWESOME.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

On 5/7/2017 at 8:09 AM, Ice_Cap said:

Wouldn't expect anything less from this cluster :censored: .

In all fairness I don't think a delay of sweater availability when it's 120°F out is going to harm them all that much.

VmWIn6B.png

3 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Based on the circles I move in this seemed like a pretty obvious move for some time. 

The Wolves are the closest thing the AHL has to an independent team, and I suspect they'd go without an affiliate entirely if it weren't a requirement of being in the league. Seeing as how Vegas wont have much of a farm system to speak of for a few years this arrangement is a win-win. The G'Knights get a place to put their spare parts and Chicago gets a titular affiliate that wont burden them with an excess of talent in need of development. 

The real question is who will be getting AHL franchise #31, and how many more AHL franchises will end up getting bought up by their NHL affiliate. As of this offseason there are 13 independently owned AHL teams (one of which, Charlotte, is owned by a minority owner of the Hurricanes). Whether the expansion team goes to an NHL team or an independent ownership group will speak volumes as to the AHL's long term franchise composition (vis-a-vis independent vs. NHL owned).

Are you counting the IceHogs as independently owned? Technically, Winnebago County's tourism authority (rofl) owns the team, but operationally they seem to run as a captured shop of the Blackhawks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Are you counting the IceHogs as independently owned? Technically, Winnebago County's tourism authority (rofl) owns the team, but operationally they seem to run as a captured shop of the Blackhawks.

Correct. While it's unlikely that the Blackhawks would terminate their affiliation with Rockford, it is possible that they could be sold at some point in the future. While Chicago would be the most likely buyer in that situation the fact that they don't have direct ownership of the team still provides some degree of uncertainty (small though that may be). 

That's a road jersey judging by the white helmet and how much darker the other team (Rangers?) is, but i don't think thats the road jersey. Way too basic to be real. However, I would bet my lucky stars those are the Knights actual pants due to the uniqueness of the detail and the fact that the other team also has pants detailing but nothing else.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Archived