Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

Ever since I saw Sparkychewbarky's Las Vegas Aces identity video, I can't get behind any other name.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Luke_Groundrunner said:

Las Vegas Black Knights is the widely rumored name of franchise. And below is what is believed to be the logo. maxresdefault.jpg

Vegas Gold lives!

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

maxresdefault.jpg

If this is indeed the logo for the new Las Vegas expansion team, then I'm all for it. That's a great logo. Still not 100% on the name "Black Knights", but maybe/hopefully they'll drop the "Black" from the name after a few years. 

Also, bonus points for using Brothers Roman as the font. Love it!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

It's done in the same drawing style as most recently-designed college logos, and the wordmark is overly complex with an awkward mixture of angles and curves (the C for example). 

Also, the knight is mostly gold, not black. Or at least enough gold to bring it in to doubt. 

It's a nice drawing and a nice (albeit a little complicated) logo, and would be perfect for a college team, just not a NHL team IMO. Doesn't have that "iconic" feel to it. Could be other variants in the package though. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That logo is very minor league/college.  Would look terrible at center ice or on the front of an NHL jersey.  Pare it down, make it simpler.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I don't know what color scheme I would like to see for Vegas but I know that I don't want to see another team in predominantly black.

Black, Vegas Gold and Scarlet would be a good combo. But there has to be a good bit of red so they don't look like the Penguins.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

If this is indeed the logo for the new Las Vegas expansion team, then I'm all for it. That's a great logo. Still not 100% on the name "Black Knights", but maybe/hopefully they'll drop the "Black" from the name after a few years. 

Also, bonus points for using Brothers Roman as the font. Love it!

It's NOT the logo. It's just a concept: https://www.behance.net/gallery/24304745/Las-Vegas-Black-Knights

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

On 6/19/2016 at 3:32 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

... for a semi-pro or amateur girls team in some league that nobody cares about.  

Hell, just name them the "Las Vegas 5-10 no-limit players" if an obvious reference is needed.  I think everyone gets it - people gamble in Las Vegas.  

You can't have a nickname that's too obscure, but not one that's (as somoene else said) "hit you over the head obvious" either.  There's a middle ground somewhere.  So far, "Knights" is the only suggestion I've heard that falls in to that area.

Yeah when I sit back and think about it, it does sound minor league-ish

78i78o78.png

banner.pngvirginia-tech-state-silhouette-decal-9.png10574358_10153800658784905_4912776899242569995_n.jpg

Black Aces would be pretty sweet, Bandits would be cool, too.  Outlaws is another one I like.

There is no question that black will be one of the primary colors.  It's powerfully stupid, but they will use black absolutely, no question, no way around it.  I just have that feeling.

I personally feel they should not use Vegas :censored: ing Gold, but they probably will.  The Penguins going to their throwback look full-time will probably be a necessity now, since otherwise the goddamn Black Knights in Vegas Gold, White, and Black will look the exact same.  

The whole freakin' color spectrum available to you, and you choose Vegas Gold and Black.  Shoot everyone involved if this happens.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

4 hours ago, NYUNDERDOGS said:

I KNOW THE TEAM WILL BE CALLED THE BLACK KNIGHTS. The site Vagas wants hockey has this on their contact us,Black Knight Sports & Entertainment

That's been known for a WHILE, and that's only because of his Army Black Knights past. However, that is pretty likely.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

I would love for them to do a "Vegas Sunset" colour scheme, because the colours are quite beautiful and striking.

vegas.CF008553.web_.jpg

But we all know it's going to be majority black with some gold or purple or red or some other "regal" colour, as if Vegas has anything regal about it other than the characters on the cards.

According to this article, the colors have already been decided - black, gold and gray. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/las-vegas-nhl-franchise-has-its-colors--black--gold-and-gray-160607622.html

And this article indicates that a fan vote probably won't happen. It sounds like Black Knights is the likely name.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/las-vegas-nhl-team-name-may-not-be-decided-by-fan-vote-211314350.html

Archived