Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@daniel75 I was speaking solely of the Las Vegas and Vegas versions, those other three have not changed for years.

@YzerFan19 Interesting, just looked, no way a Canadian owns both, that's funny.

Considering most all teams own theirs with the rare exceptions I think, they will buy one of these variants eventually or missing out on huge revenue and brand protection, imo.

13 hours ago, VegasBound said:

@YzerFan19 Interesting, just looked, no way a Canadian owns both, that's funny.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 hours ago, VegasBound said:

Considering most all teams own theirs with the rare exceptions I think, they will buy one of these variants eventually or missing out on huge revenue and brand protection, imo.

I agree that they'd be missing out on revenue and brand protection. That said, I think that Foley is stubborn enough that he'll just keep using the vegasishockey.com domain no matter what the team name ends up being.

39 minutes ago, YzerFan19 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree that they'd be missing out on revenue and brand protection. That said, I think that Foley is stubborn enough that he'll just keep using the vegasishockey.com domain no matter what the team name ends up being.

Quite possible.

On/Off topic it looks like MGM resorts wants to bring an NBA team to Vegas, what did they go out and buy recently? LasVegasAces.com ! Smart company got out a head of things, was listed for $150,000 I think.

Foley should learn a lesson here, jmo.

2 hours ago, osctheg said:

seattle team would be epic but is there a real chance of that happening?

shutters at the idea of seattle being discussed again.

It's been discussed many times. They COULD apply for a franchise but the city wants a NBA team and obviously, would need to build an area.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

6 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

"Desert Knights"...with a desert-brown-&-tan alt?...

desertknightsfinal.jpg

I always enjoy your work but that alternate, man my eyes! What if you switched the browns? Maybe that would be more appealing? I dunno. I wish you were designing their real logos.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Every single part of this franchise is a mess, I hate the Las Vegas Adjective Knights with a passion and they're still a year away. 

God, I hate the NHL. I love hockey, but I hate being a fan of this dumb league.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

4 hours ago, BrianLion said:

The NHL wants to be in Seattle badly, they just don't have an arena ATM but that may be resolved soon. 

Elliotte Friedmann brought up that the NHL was unhappy that they didn't enter a formal bid last round of expansion, so even though they'd like to be in Seattle, the Hansen group is probably bottom of the list right now.

17 minutes ago, alexandre said:

Elliotte Friedmann brought up that the NHL was unhappy that they didn't enter a formal bid last round of expansion, so even though they'd like to be in Seattle, the Hansen group is probably bottom of the list right now.

Hanson is an NBA guy, he was never submitting a bid for an NHL team. The NHL owner in Seattle would likely be Victor Coleman or Tim Lieweke. 

Archived