Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, unl22 said:

Also that may be hints of the logo under the header "Don't miss out"

If that is the logo, it looks like the team will be the Golden or Desert Knights... The logo also looks like it's going to be a Knights helmet with the eye-slits as a giant V.

I actually kinda like it...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

http://www.onenewspage.us/video/20161116/6053109/Vegas-NHL-team-to-reveal-hockey-team.htm

Watch the interview from yesterday above...

No doubt if McPhee says double entendre it's Desert KNights! makes sense with his statement and highly doubt he is an oscar worthy liar or trickery, too late to not be literal imo. That and every article written which speaks of a double entendre is in regards to Desert Knights.

Its Desert Knights, that's the buzz, won every poll, bet they threw those 3 tm's out there to see which won the polls and they listened,.

To be honest, I'm not getting a Kings vibe at all. If it's just cause of black, then you could say the same for a good chunk of the league. It's much closer to the Ducks, but even still feels a bit different (and better, considering red goes a whole lot better with gold than orange does). Of course there may be a steel color somewhere too when all is said and done, so it still could be something of it's own. 

And if that's a logo teaser under the headline, I like what I can see. Granted it isn't much, but its fun to think of the possibilities of what it is. Could be the front of a helmet, could be a shield.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

12 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

To be honest, I'm not getting a Kings vibe at all. If it's just cause of black, then you could say the same for a good chunk of the league. It's much closer to the Ducks, but even still feels a bit different (and better, considering red goes a whole lot better with gold than orange does). Of course there may be a steel color somewhere too when all is said and done, so it still could be something of it's own. 

And if that's a logo teaser under the headline, I like what I can see. Granted it isn't much, but its fun to think of the possibilities of what it is. Could be the front of a helmet, could be a shield.

Looks like it's a knight on top of perhaps a horse?  All inside of a giant V. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Are those jerseys in the top corners supposed to be something significant or just some concept? 

All in all, the colors suit what the team is shooting for. However, at this point it appears to be VERY similar to the Ducks. It suits a team called the Knights more than a team called the Ducks, but that's beyond the point. Hopefully they can create enough of a distinction.  

sig.png

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

"Our First Hometown Pro Sports Team"

Eh, not quite.

1493.gif    5241.pngImage result for las vegas gladiators logo

(And I even left out two other Arena Football League teams, the more recent of which competed in the 2015 season.)

In Cleveland.... Since 2008

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

37 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:
2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

"Our First Hometown Pro Sports Team"

Eh, not quite.

1493.gif    5241.pngImage result for las vegas gladiators logo

(And I even left out two other Arena Football League teams, the more recent of which competed in the 2015 season.)

In Cleveland.... Since 2008

You are confusing the Gladiators, who moved to Cleveland, with the Outlaws, who played in Las Vegas in 2015 before folding.  (That AFL team re-used the nickname of the XFL team.)  The Outlaws are one of the two AFL teams which I left out of my little list, the other being the Sting, who were in the league in 1994 and 1995 before moving to Anaheim.

Anyway, the point is that Las Vegas has had pro sports teams before.

Indeed, it currently has a pro team -- the AAA baseball team has been there for decades. The Las Vegas Stars were affiliated with the Padres for a long time; and the team under the (terrible) name Las Vegas 51s has been the Mets' top farm club for the past few years.

So "first pro team" is wrong.  And even if that notice had said "first major pro team", it would still have been wrong, as the CFL certainly counts as a major league.

This team is just Las Vegas's first NHL team, which is at least the seventh pro team to make its home in that city.  (And its impact will probably be dwarfed by what is likely to be the eighth such pro team, the Raiders.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived