Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

8 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

A completely off topic question but I am really into this time period, too. Do you have any reading recommendations on this?

Marc Morris' The Norman Conquest, Michael Hicks' The Wars of the Roses, Ellen Meiksins Wood's Citizens to Lords, Alan Butler's The Knights Templar, Christopher Tyerman's Chronicles of the First Crusade, Theodore K. Rabb's The Struggle for Stability in Early Modern Europe, and Brian P. Levack's The Witch-Hunt in Early Modern Europe are all good histories. 

Beowulf (700-1000), Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (late 1300s), and Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales (1386-89) are all great examples of medieval fiction. 

If you want history written by medieval authors you can't beat Ecclesiastical History of the English People (731) by Bede and The History of the Kings of Britain (1136) by Geoffrey of Monmouth.

Hope that's what you were looking for :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Marc Morris' The Norman Conquest, Michael Hicks' The Wars of the Roses, Ellen Meiksins Wood's Citizens to Lords, Alan Butler's The Knights Templar, Christopher Tyerman's Chronicles of the First Crusade, Theodore K. Rabb's The Struggle for Stability in Early Modern Europe, and Brian P. Levack's The Witch-Hunt in Early Modern Europe are all good histories. 

Beowulf (700-1000), Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (late 1300s), and Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales (1386-89) are all great examples of medieval fiction. 

If you want history written by medieval authors you can't beat Ecclesiastical History of the English People (731) by Bede and The History of the Kings of Britain (1136) by Geoffrey of Monmouth.

Hope that's what you were looking for :)

Thanks!

On 2016-11-18 at 4:50 PM, TheRatPack said:

Yes...Good article.

(I kinda got a kick out of Wyshynski's last sentence..."Here’s hoping on Tuesday it’s all a big swerve and they end up with Aces …":lol:)

3 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Yes...Good article.

I kinda got a kick out of the last sentence...

"Here’s hoping on Tuesday it’s all a big swerve and they end up with Aces …"

:lol:

Ya me too, that just aint happening, that is the NBA team name for MGM ;)

Sparky if you had to bet what do you think the name is Tuesday, best guess, you know what color schemes and hidden logos are as good as anyone, take a shot, curious.

As far as a swerve from the three trademarks, I just cannot see announcing a name with zero legal protect and doing a swerve. That and they would have gotten the NHL legal onto a game of fake trademarks.

Hi VegasBound...

Here's my guess (and I have zero "inside" info). I'm not saying that it's my favourite, but my money, right now, is on "Desert Knights"

with a silver/gold/red/black colour combo. I think the official name will be "Vegas Desert Knights" (not "Las Vegas") with a black "V" primary logo on a predominantly silver uniform (although unis will be revealed at a later date).

That prediction is only based on what we have all been allowed to see. I have to give them credit...they've done a good job in keeping this under wraps. Have a great time on Tuesday night!... It should be good.

sparky

3 minutes ago, VegasBound said:

I wonder if they will use a majority red vs grey and logo color swap depending on which for home/away 3rd jersey etc. It is amazing the logo is stuill under wraps they MUST have something printed in a box and delivered by now.

Yeah, you'd think there'd be a leak by now, but like I said, they've done a good job in keeping this a secret.

I'm thinking of a mainly silver/grey uni because of a new "steel mesh" material that Mr. Foley referred to. I'm expecting more colour in the 3rd's and alts based on some comments from their VP of marketing, Kim Frank.

8 hours ago, VegasBound said:

Never heard those comments from Kim Frank, do you have a link? Thank you

Over at SinBin, Ken does a short podcast interview with Kim. He quizzes her on adding pink to the colours. With her response, I get the sense that the colours will be kept basic, with the option of adding more "Vegas-y" colours in stuff like merchandise, alts and special events unis. As far as the "V" logo, there is a design under the photoshopped ice surface on the official invite. If you extend the lines into the text body, you get this...

V-2.jpg

...a 3-d "V"?...

V-3.jpg

4 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Over at SinBin, Ken does a short podcast interview with Kim. He quizzes her on adding pink to the colours. With her response, I get the sense that the colours will be kept basic, with the option of adding more "Vegas-y" colours in stuff like merchandise, alts and special events unis. As far as the "V" logo, there is a design under the photoshopped ice surface on the official invite. If you extend the lines into the text body, you get this...

V-2.jpg

...a 3-d "V"?...

V-3.jpg

Copper, black, teal, & red (colors used on flyer) give off a southwestern kinda vibe to me. Could be a good starting point for a team named "Desert Knights" but just don't know how a Native American motif would tie in to Desert Knights.

3a27aef0f24ea80190cf5d58ecf7e452.jpg

3e792e5dd9805b825d557e0143b672e4.jpg

NYCdog.png

Archived