Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NYYNYR said:

What happened to silver/ gold/ desert red...? Was he just playing us?

Those could still all be colors. Gold is there and just because red isn't in the logo, doesn't mean it isn't on the jerseys. Silver I think people were reaching for.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Just now, TRoyConcepts said:

Those could still all be colors. Gold is there and just because red isn't in the logo, doesn't mean it isn't on the jerseys. Silver I think people were reaching for.

It has silver in it.

1 minute ago, TRoyConcepts said:

I just realized this is exactly what LAFC did. They're official colors are black, gold, and red. But there is no red anywhere in their logo.

10 minutes ago, Oso said:

If it DOES wind up being Golden Knights, which looks more and more likely by viewing that logo, it will be the ultimate middle finger to many of the fans of the team, and will set precident that their opinion absolutely does not matter. Golden Knights was far and away the least popular of the three options offered. After proceeding with the name Knights (or any variation of Knights) despite it being generally frowned upon, the least he could have done is gone with the alternative the majority of the fans seemed to be willing to at least accept as the lesser of three evils. Picking the least popular shows it was never about the people he wants to buy tickets or merchandise.. it was all about him and whatever West Point connection (which means jack :censored: to noone in Vegas but him) he could squeeze in there. That is a horrid precident to set. Also if it is Vegas Golden Knights.. Team better win and win quick because that is one more huge FU to them.

The logo is cool though. And if it is Spartans, Gladiators or something else, well.. I rescind that above statement. 

I know right!?! It's like he thinks that just because he owns the team that he is entitled to run it however he wants. What a jerk this guy is!

1 minute ago, B-mer said:

So far so good. The gold really pops out of that. Doesn't look khaki, though we'all have to see the jersey material with that. 

If the Ducks are anything to go by, the gold will look nice on hats and on the jersey crest. But the logo will either appear to be a muddied brown/bronze/beige or a flat golden yellow in branding applications.

Speaking of which, the black and gold will inevitably draw comparison between the Knights and Ducks, but as far as I'm concerned Vegas can have it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I think this is a shoulder logo we're looking at. Too simple for a primary.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

30 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Army uses the "Knights" moniker. So looking like Army's logo would make some form of "Knights" the front-runner, right?

You would think, but because I'm bored, I just did a bit of research on Army's site about the rebrand, I came across this:

1"Pallas Athena is the Greek goddess of wisdom, just war, skill and justice. Classically, Athena is portrayed wearing armor with her Corinthian helmet raised high on the forehead. The helmet faces dexter, Latin for "right" from the viewpoint of the bearer of the shield, as opposed to sinister. The dexter side is considered the side of greater honor."

Continued,

"There are thirteen segments that connect the helmet and the plume. These reference the thirteen British colonies that declared independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain and became the first states in the Union."

The Spartan/Corinthian helmet is homage to a greek goddess, not necessarily attached to the Black Knights moniker nickname.

I wouldn't be shocked, but definitely surprised if was something other than ____Knights. the hat logo with helmet in shield definitely gives a Spartans/Gladiators vibe and either of those names would trounce Golden/Desert Knights in my opinion.  The one caveat is Ottawa, though the logo and name had to be approved by all 30 franchises and the NHL right?

Not to mention the teaser trailer on LV's Twitter page definitely has a Spartan drum feel. Though you could also use them with Knights.

[1]Link/Source: http://goarmywestpointrebrand.com

On 11/22/2016 at 6:09 PM, nash61 said:

I think this is a shoulder logo we're looking at. Too simple for a primary.

I think it wouldn't make much sense to produce merch using a secondary before the primary identity is firmly established in the public eye.

4 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

Plot Twist, they go Rangers style and that's their logo. With Las Vegas Golden Knights in a diagonal script logo on jerseys.

I just said that to my brother! The crest on the jersey like a soccer team.

untitled-6.jpg

13 minutes ago, aild87 said:

I know right!?! It's like he thinks that just because he owns the team that he is entitled to run it however he wants. What a jerk this guy is!

He is entitled to run it however he wants. Yet when you are a company that hinges a level of success off ticket and merchandise sales, disregarding fan input isn't how to approach a new market of fans.

Texas.gif

Archived