ShinyHubCaps

Las Vegas NHL Expansion

The Quebec Nordiques would have been able to play a video back.

Just now, the admiral said:

This league will always embarrass itself.

They always wonder why the NHL is becoming a niche sport. Well, incidents like this don't help matters.

Strangely, ice skating Disney characters would have actually classed up this presentation.

The Shockmaster of new sports teams.

And I gotta head out for a bit. Good night everybody! Buy a CCSLC t-shirt.

I'm looking forward to when the Vegas Golden Knights face off against the Angeles Kings, Jose Sharks, and the Louis Blues.

And how about those great matchups against the Jersey Devils and York Rangers!

(Fun fact: some news outlets reported the Devils' name as "Jersey Devils" back in 1982 when the team first relocated... thankfully their ownership had some sense and went with "New Jersey" instead.)

Primary? Great.

Alternate? Great.

Just Vegas? UhhhhhNO

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Shockmaster

Nailed it. :lol::lol: 

Shockmaster-anim.gif

And I thought naming them the "Golden Knights" was bad. Not even using the city's actual name is bad.

You already know MOST of the media are just going to call them Las Vegas anyways. So, why not call them Las Vegas?

This isn't a state name, a region (Gold State, New England, Carolina), and it's not a recognized geographic area (Tampa Bay). It's the nickname of the city.

Would you like Queen City Bengals?

I don't like the muted vegas gold.  Needs to be more metallic.  Maybe it will on the sweaters.

But other than that, it is a solid mark.

I don't even know how you botch something like playing a video. That was slapdash and ham handed even by NHL standards. I'm crying from laughing at that awkward display. 

The logos are fine. A bit generic, but not completely awful. You could do a lot worse than Golden Knights. You could be the Blue Jackets or Wild. 

Just now, Sykotyk said:

And I thought naming them the "Golden Knights" was bad. Not even using the city's actual name is bad.

You already know MOST of the media are just going to call them Las Vegas anyways. So, why not call them Las Vegas?

This isn't a state name, a region (Gold State, New England, Carolina), and it's not a recognized geographic area (Tampa Bay). It's the nickname of the city.

Would you like Queen City Bengals?

Almost as bad as the Golden State Warriors, which is also just a nickname of a state. If/when they change their name to the "San Francisco Warriors," Vegas will assume the dubious honor of having the dumbest location name in sports.

Well, the logos are actually all right. The fan reaction, not so much. But hey, the "Golden" can move up I-15 in a few years! :P

6528fdb0de99d21e03b7e61bd39b598d.jpg

Edited by DustDevil61
Removed "even" because that press conference was anything but even.