Misspelled Names on Jerseys

Justin7218

Happened twice to Chris Kaman

1st was circa 2003, the Clippers were auctioning jerseys for charity and they misspelled the then rookie's uniform.  Wish I could find audio. I remember Ralph Lawler and Michael Smith made many jokes

2nd was when the put the rendering of the new uniforms on the nba shop in 2011

18-chris-kaman-misspelled-jersey.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

2 hours ago, johnnysama said:

6-navy-misspelled-jersey.jpg

Because there's only four letters in 'Navy', this makes it all the more hilarious. :D

I love this one because NAYV would basically be pronounced the same as NAVY. I hope they gave someone the four letters, said "Spell Nay-Vee" and ended up with that.

The famous Paintsil - Pantsil - Panstil confusion.  His family name is Paintsil but at birth, it was registered as Pantsil. This then appeared on his passport and his registration with the Premier League.

r-wcup-serbia-ghana-wcup567-jpg.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

On 6/20/2016 at 0:21 PM, insert name said:

8-adam-everett-misspelled-minnesota-twin

This one is really weird because of the vertical arching.  It would seem that the arching on the bottoms of the T and the O should have provided an unmissable clue.  Even in this photo, the arching under the O seems a bit weird when the letter is in that position.  When seen live and close up, this would presumably have been glaring.  So, for me, this error is worse than the ones with "Torotno", "Kentcuky", and "San Francicso", in which each individual letter is without deformation by vertical arching.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived