Misspelled Names on Jerseys

Justin7218

The time when the Rockies messed up giveaway jerseys for Tulo. 

e8f0cbc0-151c-11e4-a89e-05bc6865e60d_TuloJersey.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

On 23/06/2016 at 11:21 AM, BrianLion said:

Caps used to screw up Mikhail Grabovski's name all the time

Screen-Shot-2014-01-05-at-9.13.20-AM.png

grabovsky.jpg

mikhail-grabovsky-nameplate.jpg

The thing is, with that, that the Russian letter can be transliterated either an I or a Y. 

So, which not the standard, is still technically correct. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

12 hours ago, DiePerske said:

The thing is, with that, that the Russian letter can be transliterated either an I or a Y. 

So, which not the standard, is still technically correct. 

According to Wikipedia, he's Belarusian not Russian. Belarusian Cyrillic has an I, unlike Russian. Therefore, unless he prefers the Russian spelling it should be an I.  Even if he prefers Russian, most commonly that's an I when transliterated. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I guess that's one advantage to having your wordmark be sewn on to a patch so it's one piece (like the Phillies) - can't really misspell it that way (not counting Philllies, since that's kind of intentional.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived