USHL Unveils New Logo

lopernv

Just now, Gary. said:

I like it, but just reminds me of the US Soccer Shield

Just now, Gothamite said:

That shield is kind of stepping on US Soccer's new look

Posted at the same time, spooky...

I really like it compared to the rather basic USHL logo. At least this, to me, is a logo and not stylized letters. However, as mentioned above, the look is very similar to US Soccer. Not a copy, but it gives the same sort of 'appeal'. The half star is symbolic as these are not-quite-star players... yet.

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That shield is kind of stepping on US Soccer's new look

USSoccerLogo16.png

I don't think it's that close at all.  USA in a shield has been done so many times that nobody owns the concept, but the USHL logo is plenty different so as not to ever be confused with the USA Soccer.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't think it's that close at all.  USA in a shield has been done so many times that nobody owns the concept, but the USHL logo is plenty different so as not to ever be confused with the USA Soccer.

Nobody ever said it was the same, or that it would be confused. It's just that the concept is generally very similar: blue-outlined white pentagonal (home plate-shaped) shield, red vertical stripes on the bottom, blue text on top. They're obviously different enough, especially with the text, and the half-star on the top of the USHL shield.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Archived