2016 NBA Offseason thread

Cujo

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a little justice...

Dirk got some of his money back.

The franchise icon made it official Friday by signing his two-year deal to remain with the Mavericks. That will take him to 20 seasons when the deal is completed. According to sources, Nowitzki is getting a bump to $50 million from his previously agreed-to deal of $40 million over the next two seasons.

20 hours ago, truepg said:

No, just telling how I felt at the time, and my expectations were true. You're comparing Kyrie and Waiters to Bron/Wade, but the smallest of those two is 6'6". Waiters was an undersized 6'4" combo guard to Kyrie's 6'3". Kyrie has always been a ball-dominant guard, and they drafted another one. (With his own share of character issues, for that matter).

You're mixing things up with Lillard and Drummond. They were in the same draft as Waiters, Lillard was picked only two spots after him, and I used him as an example only because you were emphasizing always drafting talent over need. Barnes was still in conversation in that range. Again, Cavs had a glaring need at center, thus Drummond was the rational choice and the right one in perspective. At no point was it a question of building around him, since they were already building around their #1 pick, Kyrie. In the Bennett draft, there wasn't a clear #1 candidate, but Oladipo, along with Porter, McLemore, and Noel were the names constantly in discussion.

I had done my homework. Agree to disagree.

Had Grant not screwed the Cavs up with his picks, the roster could've looked now a lot better, younger and more dominant. But then again, we got our 'ship, so I am happy.

Whatever. You win. You knew every player in the last five drafts, you knew their exact skill sets, you knew exactly how they would develop as pros.

You're exhausting. 

10 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Whatever. You win. You knew every player in the last five drafts, you knew their exact skill sets, you knew exactly how they would develop as pros.

You're exhausting. 

Nope, just being well alert of each respective situation. And it wasn't hard. A typical reaction to a lost argument.

I'm exhausting? I wasn't the one to start this argument and constantly respond to I had totally no reason to have to begin with.

8 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Durant went back to the Thunder facility for an iPhone charger!

I think Durant's got some issues.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Clippers doing pre-lim research on possible arena once the Staples lease expires:

http://clutchpoints.com/report-los-angeles-clippers-will-search-potentially-new-arena-los-angeles/

I hope this happens. It'll help them step of the Lakers' shadow a bit. They're still the only tenant at Staples Center who haven't even appeared in the championship round.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

From NBA Reddit, here's old video of 19-year-old Kyrie challenging Kobe to a 1-on-1: https://streamable.com/lycd

And here's Kobe/Kyrie in an NBA game (later that year? If the initial video is from 2012?):

Best quote:

Kyrie: "You think you're gonna be playin' Lil' Bow Wow?"
Kobe: "Y'all about the same size!"

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 7/29/2016 at 6:10 AM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Right- any even though the amenities are plentiful at Staples, they'll always be second fiddle to the Lakers. They could win the next 5 titles and it wouldn't matter. 

Not only that, but due to the terms of the lease, they're actually technically third fiddle to the Kings.

I just have no earthly idea where they could put the damn thing.  It would be a good angle for the LA2024 bid since having a basketball arena in Westwood or Santa Monica would be a good compliment to the Olympic Village at UCLA.  Not to mention it could be built in relation to the Purple Line.

GR30a5H.png

20 hours ago, dont care said:

So draymond green accidentally sent a d!ck pic to all his followers on snapchat. That guy is just so dumb I can't even believe it any more

To be fair, he is the first professional athlete to complete the Dick Move Hat Trick (being a dick, hitting a dick, and showing his dick).  Quite an accomplishment!

GR30a5H.png

Archived