McElroy's Tucson Fix (Updated 6/24)

McElroy19

Howdy Guy's so after reading the comments on the Road Runners new logo and needing a break from the problems of my own logo I decided to put together a way, in my eyes, the could fix the new logo. Let me know what you guys think! 

TusRR.jpg

And also a jersey obviously based off of the current and Kachina Coyotes jerseysTusconRoadRunners.jpg

Let me know what you guys think! 

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

I really love all of it, but that logo still bugs me. Your update is still really good, but I just don't think it looks good on the front of a jersey. I also dislike having the 'AZ' on the roadrunner's jersey but nowhere on the real jersey.

Also putting the player number on the collar-flap thing is really interesting and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

35 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

I really love all of it, but that logo still bugs me. Your update is still really good, but I just don't think it looks good on the front of a jersey. I also dislike having the 'AZ' on the roadrunner's jersey but nowhere on the real jersey.

Also putting the player number on the collar-flap thing is really interesting and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I totally agree with you I think much like the pens logo it needs something behind it. I also agree that the AZ is funny on front If it were up to me I'd drop it or maybe put the coyotes primary there. 

As for the collar numbers it's something the Griffins have done on a couple of their jerseys I think it's a neat little touch, something different.

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms

This is a million times better than what they unveiled, like it's not even close. Springfield got it right, why not Tucson?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 hours ago, nash61 said:

This is a million times better than what they unveiled, like it's not even close. Springfield got it right, why not Tucson?

Because Springfield actually hired this guy, the Coyotes went the cheap route and used their in-house people.

This is an improvement over the current one, maybe get rid of the logo's jersey logo, and put it on an Arizona silhouette, like the WHA Roadrunners did.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

44 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

You could go full Inception and put the roadrunner with a blank jersey INSIDE the other roadrunner's jersey.

Regardless, Coyotes striping for sure.

Inception it is

TusconRoadRunners.jpg

As someone who would have a vested interest (I already have season tix, and plan on buying a jersey, as long as they aren't atrocities), I'd lose the logo-ception. It's well executed, but whimsical for all the wrong reasons. 

Other than that, my only critique is that I think it should have copper in it. That was a big talking point in the reveal, and it sounds like they'll give it a good amount of use on the sweaters. 

All-in-all, great work.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

35 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

As someone who would have a vested interest (I already have season tix, and plan on buying a jersey, as long as they aren't atrocities), I'd lose the logo-ception. It's well executed, but whimsical for all the wrong reasons. 

Other than that, my only critique is that I think it should have copper in it. That was a big talking point in the reveal, and it sounds like they'll give it a good amount of use on the sweaters. 

All-in-all, great work.

It might be too busy, but if there had to be copper, I'd change the uppermost non-kachina sand stripe.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

10 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I'd lose the logo-ception. It's well executed, but whimsical for all the wrong reasons. 

True, but imagine a uniform inside a logo inside a jersey inside a logo inside a uniform.

Good jerseys, though. I don't like the alternate; it's really bland. it needs white or another aspect to spice it up.

On 6/24/2016 at 5:37 PM, McElroy19 said:

Updated the jerseys what do you guys think?

TusconRoadRunners.jpg

I like the new set. I'm torn on that Alt, though. I like that it's the jersey in the logo. On the other hand, unless they're using the 3rd as a pilot program or test of a new main, I always prefer to see something new and unique, with a different logo or a wordmark.

Nothing wrong with your concept, just my own commentary on alternates.

1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I like the new set. I'm torn on that Alt, though. I like that it's the jersey in the logo. On the other hand, unless they're using the 3rd as a pilot program or test of a new main, I always prefer to see something new and unique, with a different logo or a wordmark.

Nothing wrong with your concept, just my own commentary on alternates.

Yeah I agree I just thought someone had said I'd like to see an Alt With the jersey the Road Runner is wearing

Archived