SOCCER LOGOS - Concepts & Updated Logos: Added New: Barcelona

mattharveysc

Hi guys! I know its been awhile since i've posted anything or any progress on new logo concepts that i've been working on.

This is one that I wanted to share. With all of the soccer tournaments going on over the past few weeks and months i've been in a soccer frenzy and thought I'd try taking a stab at updating or designing new logos for some of the major soccer teams in Europe.

First Up... Real Madrid

Real Madrid

I've become a huge fan of soccer over the years, and even more as of recent as i've been blessed to travel across Europe and visit stadiums and attend a few games. Being able to attend Real Madrid's stadium was one of the greatest places i've ever been too. Absolutely stunning!
Their logo is iconic and I thought I would be fun to try cleaning it up and updating it a little bit. What an amazing team!

Changes Made:

- Darkened the blue

- More gold color tone in the yellow

- Made lines more prominent and thicker

- Rounded out more the letters in MCF

- Simplified the crown

- Modernized the text "Real Madrid"

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

"Y Nada Mas. Hala Madrid"

Enjoy!

RealMadrid - Logo Poster-01.jpg

I really like the updated colors and simplification you've done here. I am a bit concerned that you're losing the sash a bit in the upper left of the monogram given the thickening of the strokes on the letters. How would it look to carry the sash completely across the outer circle? In other words, instead of stopping even with the "M", send the sash all the way to the outer ring. It may make it look more cluttered...but just a thought.

gYH2mW9.png

5 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

I really like the updated colors and simplification you've done here. I am a bit concerned that you're losing the sash a bit in the upper left of the monogram given the thickening of the strokes on the letters. How would it look to carry the sash completely across the outer circle? In other words, instead of stopping even with the "M", send the sash all the way to the outer ring. It may make it look more cluttered...but just a thought.

- Thank you for the critique. The thought of extending the sash never even crossed my mind. I'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks again.

UPDATED VERSION 

I went ahead and made a few changes to my Real Madrid updated logo. It was brought to my attention that the sash in the logo was getting lost. I decided take a stab and extended it out and the I'm pretty happy with the result.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for the critique GeauxColonels.

51 minutes ago, mattharveysc said:

UPDATED VERSION 

I went ahead and made a few changes to my Real Madrid updated logo. It was brought to my attention that the sash in the logo was getting lost. I decided take a stab and extended it out and the I'm pretty happy with the result.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for the critique GeauxColonels.

Looks much cleaner now. Great job!

EDIT:

What club are you taking a stab at next?

8 minutes ago, OliverP said:

Looks much cleaner now. Great job!

EDIT:

What club are you taking a stab at next?

I'm working on updated versions of Barcelona FC and an updated/newer version of Manchester United.

They should be up soon.

As a Real Madrid fan, I think you're going in the right direction, but something is off.

The shape changes look great, specially what you've done to the crown, which looks more modern and simple, but I think there's too much blue. Maybe if you made the lines thinner the design would look much better.

About the wordmark, it's just peferct, no complaints here.

Next Up... FC Barcelona

Last month I had the privilege of attending a Barcelona soccer game vs. Espanyol and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

While looking around Camp Nou and seeing the history of FCB, and seeing the development of the Nou Campu Nou, I wanted to try to modernize FCB badge.

At first glance, the badge is classic yet I feel there are way to many colors. I tried my best to remove colors and simplify it as much as possible yet still keep the integrity and brand of FCB.

Changes Made:

- Simplified colors.  I updated the gold color to a more bronze/rustic color. Gives a nod to some of the old FCB badges of the past. Also made the red color of flag and red in the bottom part of the badge the same color.  I updated the blue in the badge as well as another nod to older FCB badges used in the past.

- Created a new "FCBarca" wording mark for apparel and environmental design. 

- Rounded out the shape of the bottom half of the badge.

"Forca Barca"

Barcelona - Logo Poster-01.jpg

Everything looks good, I like the new shape of the crest its much more modern and fitting. But, that bronze just doesn't wanna grow on me, maybe if you made it a bit more lively and gave it more of a goldish tone. 

TheThat's just me though. :) I don't have a problem with the wordmark.

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 10:29 AM, mattharveysc said:

Next Up... FC Barcelona

Last month I had the privilege of attending a Barcelona soccer game vs. Espanyol and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

While looking around Camp Nou and seeing the history of FCB, and seeing the development of the Nou Campu Nou, I wanted to try to modernize FCB badge.

At first glance, the badge is classic yet I feel there are way to many colors. I tried my best to remove colors and simplify it as much as possible yet still keep the integrity and brand of FCB.

Changes Made:

- Simplified colors.  I updated the gold color to a more bronze/rustic color. Gives a nod to some of the old FCB badges of the past. Also made the red color of flag and red in the bottom part of the badge the same color.  I updated the blue in the badge as well as another nod to older FCB badges used in the past.

- Created a new "FCBarca" wording mark for apparel and environmental design. 

- Rounded out the shape of the bottom half of the badge.

"Forca Barca"

Barcelona - Logo Poster-01.jpg

Real's and Barca's logos are timeless for sure, but you did manage to give them an update that is perfectly reasonable. Both look sharper and cleaner and I do like the use of bronze on the new Barcelona shield, which helps make the Catalonian flag stand out. As a fan of logo design, I love it. But I know that Barca fans will probably freak out over any sort of change, like horizontal stripes on their kit...

VHj90kn.png

Archived