FLORIDA PANTHERS WINTER CLASSIC CONCEPT *UPDATED*

New York's Greatest

So I originally was going to post a topic on here again, when I finished my idea for a United American Continental Hockey League (That is not the name of the league but I may change it also you'll see what I mean when I post the list of teams as well as the first team). Until then an idea came to me about a Winter Classic in good'ol Florida. I do have a Tampa Bay Lighting idea in mind but I'm not sure if I want to post it. The design is a ode to the military with a unique style added in that fits in with the current uniforms of the Cats.

THE JERSEY: 

DprEd96.png

I based the jersey off of the Stadium Series jersey for the Detroit Redwings as well as the striping inspired by the Canadiens and current Panthers uniform. The patch towards the cuff of the sleeves is a Captain's patch from the United States Military (I gave it to Ekblad because I feel by the time they get a Winter Classic Willie Mitchell will have retired and Ekblad will have matured enough to deserve the 'C'... well in this case Captain's bars)

Here is a closer look at the Captain's patch...

1EgP9od.png

The Navy Blue and and Gold are in there because well it the Panthers' colors so it makes sense. I chose a silver/grey/whatever (technically it Grey-25%) instead of Red because of one simple reason. In the US Military a Captain's bars are silver so it fits in with the Military motif. 

C&C Appreciated*

Some quick Criticisms that I know will be mentioned:

-No Winter Classic Patch (I am not the best artist soooo...yeah there's that.)

-Main logo too fuzzy (I attempted to fix it up... I stress attempted. Also, I'm using MS paint.)

-Using MS Paint

1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

I get a nutcracker vibe off this uniform, which I think is effective and marketable given its use for the Winter Classic

Yeah I can see that. Originally it was intended to mimick the sash is worn by Army ROTC so it's a little nod to that.

Just curious, is there any reason you didnt make the sash go all the way around the jersey? Because the white numbers would support that. I cant find anything else wrong with this jersey, great job

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I would prefer to see the sash go all the way around. Did you try having it go over the shoulder? Military sashes don't tuck under the armpits.

The last thing is that your Captain's Bars have three tracks connecting them. Military insignia only has two.

captains-bars-rank.jpg

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 6/22/2016 at 10:02 PM, New York's Greatest said:

So I originally was going to post a topic on here again, when I finished my idea for a United American Continental Hockey League (That is not the name of the league but I may change it also you'll see what I mean when I post the list of teams as well as the first team). Until then an idea came to me about a Winter Classic in good'ol Florida. I do have a Tampa Bay Lighting idea in mind but I'm not sure if I want to post it. The design is a ode to the military with a unique style added in that fits in with the current uniforms of the Cats.

THE JERSEY: 

DprEd96.png

I based the jersey off of the Stadium Series jersey for the Detroit Redwings as well as the striping inspired by the Canadiens and current Panthers uniform. The patch towards the cuff of the sleeves is a Captain's patch from the United States Military (I gave it to Ekblad because I feel by the time they get a Winter Classic Willie Mitchell will have retired and Ekblad will have matured enough to deserve the 'C'... well in this case Captain's bars)

Here is a closer look at the Captain's patch...

1EgP9od.png

The Navy Blue and and Gold are in there because well it the Panthers' colors so it makes sense. I chose a silver/grey/whatever (technically it Grey-25%) instead of Red because of one simple reason. In the US Military a Captain's bars are silver so it fits in with the Military motif. 

C&C Appreciated*

Some quick Criticisms that I know will be mentioned:

-No Winter Classic Patch (I am not the best artist soooo...yeah there's that.)

-Main logo too fuzzy (I attempted to fix it up... I stress attempted. Also, I'm using MS paint.)

-Using MS Paint

Where is the game to be played?

5 hours ago, TheBigBuc said:

Where is the game to be played?

After I posted this I thought about...I decided to put it in Miami, at Marlins Park of all places because 1) Miami is very close to the Sunrise, Florida where BB&T Center is, so since Sunrise is in the Miami Metropolitan Area which encompasses Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and Miami. and 2) Marlins Park is a safe spot because I don't think the turnout would fill up Dolphins Stadium (its a nickname for the stadium) as much as it did for Gillette Stadium did for the most recent Winter Classic, so Marlins Park is a conservative option in an unorthodox Hockey market.

4 hours ago, JohnnyGODdreau said:

I think this is a great one-off jersey, well done!

Thank you very much! I'm still debating on posting the Lightning's jersey.

7 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I would prefer to see the sash go all the way around. Did you try having it go over the shoulder? Military sashes don't tuck under the armpits.

The last thing is that your Captain's Bars have three tracks connecting them. Military insignia only has two.

captains-bars-rank.jpg

I just noticed that and will make that correction for the bars. With the over the shoulder thing this was originally a the template for the Detroit Red Wings Stadium Series jersey so that is why it is not going over the shoulder nor does it go all the way around. Also it matches the Panthers current uniform style with the striping not continuing over to the back.

On 6/26/2016 at 11:18 AM, Bruins said:

Just curious, is there any reason you didnt make the sash go all the way around the jersey? Because the white numbers would support that. I cant find anything else wrong with this jersey, great job

As mentioned in the above reply it was originally the Red Wings Stadium Series jersey so that's why its not all the way around as well as the matching to Florida's current uniforms. I'll post updates as well as two versions with the sash going around completely in the next couple of days.

Alright so I contiued the striping to the back of the jersey as well as fixing the captain's bars. I decided to not make the sash go over the shoulder because the stripe size decreased to point of where if the logo was put in it would be disproportionately bigger or it would look like a soccer jersey.

Updated jersey:

3sKiYRz.png

Updated Captain's Bars:

mRICq7A.png

Archived