dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 4 (Part3)
Giants @ Vikings
DuEbeND.jpg536r0be.jpg

Has anyone else noticed that the Vikings have only wore purple jerseys so far??? And it's probably going to continue for another 2 weeks... (2 more Vikes home games before one at Philly...)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Just noticing the striping on the Giants gray pants is R-G-B-G-R, while the stripe on the white pants is B-G-R-G-B. Might be time for the NYG to start over with the uniforms for the sake of consistency. Mainly the jerseys, the pants are okay. Blue jerseys needs some red, and the white jerseys needs some blue.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

8 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Just noticing the striping on the Giants gray pants is R-G-B-G-R, while the stripe on the white pants is B-G-R-G-B. Might be time for the NYG to start over with the uniforms for the sake of consistency. Mainly the jerseys, the pants are okay. Blue jerseys needs some red, and the white jerseys needs some blue.

They could probably get away with a simpler red/blue stripe on both gray and white versions of the pants.  I love the all blue home jersey paired with an all white/red away jersey.  Very simple and unique, paired with that bold shiny blue helmet.   

gmain25s-1-web.jpg

9 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Wow. Good call-- Had not noticed that. Personally, I like the white pants with the grey inner stripes because of the way that tiny bit of grey pairs with the facemask color.

Take those pants, make matching grey ones so that the striping is now exactly the same.

Maybe put red sleeve cuffs/collar on the blue jersey, and blue numbers on the white jersey? I'm with you, though-- it's always bothered me a bit that the current white Giants jerseys don't have any blue to speak of.

Can I just take a moment to sing the praises of how great this look was.  This look is not only classic-Redskins and the only uniform that should be worn on the road, this is among the best uniforms in all of football.  

gettyimages-610459098.jpg?w=680&h=420&cr

Not only the burgundy pants, but the white socks are back!!! Remember the burgundy pants with burgundy socks look? BLEGH.  Just sickening.

Also, with the return of the white socks, I wouldn't mind this look again every now and then: 

92907561.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFBA

Anyways, my point is I'm still beyond ecstatic that they brought back their best look.  And then they won!  Meaning there's a very good chance we'll see them again!  Praise be fellas.  Praise be.

90758391980.gif

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Can I just take a moment to sing the praises of how great this look was.  This look is not only classic-Redskins and the only uniform that should be worn on the road, this is among the best uniforms in all of football.  

Reposting what I said just upthread.  I guess "classic" means something different than I thought it meant.

Not if you are of a certain age.  Their classic look involves yellow pants to some of us.

I've got no problem with the burgundy pants, as long as they are ONLY worn with the white jersey.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Reposting what I said just upthread.  I guess "classic" means something different than I thought it meant.

Not if you are of a certain age.  Their classic look involves yellow pants to some of us.

I've got no problem with the burgundy pants, as long as they are ONLY worn with the white jersey.

The 1990s Washington wore that combo at home every week and would only ever wear their Burgundy jersey @ Dallas, Miami etc

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Not only the burgundy pants, but the white socks are back!!! Remember the burgundy pants with burgundy socks look? BLEGH.  Just sickening.

Also, with the return of the white socks, I wouldn't mind this look again every now and then: 

92907561.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFBA

Anyways, my point is I'm still beyond ecstatic that they brought back their best look.  And then they won!  Meaning there's a very good chance we'll see them again!  Praise be fellas.  Praise be.

That mismatching helmet stripe is making my OCD go crazy!!!! But maroon pants should definitely stay...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, BritishTitan said:

The 1990s Washington wore that combo at home every week and would only ever wear their Burgundy jersey @ Dallas, Miami etc

The 1970s Redskins never wore that combo.

Nor did the 1960s Redskins.

Some of us are old enough to have watched them live, and prefer those uniforms as the "classic" Redskins.

It's where I sit.

20 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

That mismatching helmet stripe is making my OCD go crazy!!!! But maroon pants should definitely stay...

Not all stripes need to match, I don't know how you would match the stripe for the helmet any ways without it looking completely unbalanced.

36 minutes ago, Nick72Phins said:

It's crazy to think that the dolphins, titans, and redskins are returning to their old road looks. Finally!!

I was thinking the exact same thing. It's like a dream come true for us uniform fans that I never would have seen coming, especially all in the same season. Let's just hope it stays this way. I think we're safe with the Dolphins since they wore it in preseason and even after a week 1 loss. Hopefully the Redskins stick with the burgundy pants (lot of positive feedback) but I wouldn't mind seeing white over yellow against teams with red jerseys. The Titans are probably the biggest question mark. We saw them in the final preseason game and the last 2 regular season games so hopefully they're here to stay. The all white was hopefully just a home opener thing. The white over navy look is absolutely atrocious.

7 hours ago, dont care said:

Not all stripes need to match, I don't know how you would match the stripe for the helmet any ways without it looking completely unbalanced.

I get that not all stripes need to match, but the Skins 3 Northwestern stripe on the helmet really sticks out compared to the 2 stripes on the pants and jersey...

13 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

This look is not only classic-Redskins and the only uniform that should be worn on the road, this is among the best uniforms in all of football.  

Its not even close to the best look in the NFL, let alone all of football.  The Washington's do look a little better without the yellow britches (which are a complete eyesore paired with their mismatched striping in all elements of the uniform) on the road but they could use a complete rebrand.  And have needed one for a long time.  The Washington's best uniform combo (from a color standpoint) is their deep maroon and mustard gold combo.  It blows away any of the crap they wear with their current togs. 

And the Washington's would be smart to just peal off the stripes on the current helmet.  They always look better (when they wear their faux throwembacks) when they go solid burgundy helmet

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 4:52 PM, 4_tattoos said:

The Giants should just dump the dirty grey pants altogether.  They look MUCH better and cleaner with the white pants at home.  The only reason to keep the grey pants would be for a red alternate jersey (which I miss seeing).   The white/grey look on the road is boring and just looks ancient.  Especially when there is no blue in anything besides the helmet.

Archived