2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/27/2016 at 1:04 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

The 1970s Redskins never wore that combo.

Nor did the 1960s Redskins.

Some of us are old enough to have watched them live, and prefer those uniforms as the "classic" Redskins.

All three Redskins super bowl wins happened in the white over burgundy look.

From 1979-2009 the Redskins primarily wore white over burgundy

It's their look.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

23 minutes ago, S316 said:

The Jets will wear white jerseys and white pants at home this week against the Seahawks

http://m.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/GAMEDAY-GUIDE-102-Jets-vs-Seahawks/ed42b94d-bfe2-4a2f-b89d-ec94fe319d5d

Ugh, I really wish the Jets would just stick with green at home.

In other news, "Jets legend Chad Pennington"? Is our team's history really so bleak that Chad Pennington is considered a "legend"? "Former Jet Chad Pennington" will suffice, thank you very much.

15 minutes ago, dennisbergan said:

They are with the Bills, Jets and Titans.

Not at all with the bills. Bills look fantastic with white or red helmets.

One associated with winning the NFL twice and the other with four straight AFC championship S and Jim Kelly and company years. 

Either or will do just fine. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

5 hours ago, dont care said:

White helmets are never out of place

I don't really like white helmets when worn with dark colored tops AND pants.  Especially mismatching dark colors.    I think that is what makes the Titans look a bit off.  I did sort of like this weird combo which goes against that determination: 

OrlandoRage_01.png

8 hours ago, crosfam said:

I don't really like white helmets when worn with dark colored tops AND pants.  Especially mismatching dark colors.    I think that is what makes the Titans look a bit off.

Agree. 

Usually I don't ever like when the helmet doesn't match at least the jersey or the pants* (unless it's they're both white), but it looks even worse with a white helmet.

*Only the Steelers on the road pull this off and the Ravens do too somewhat.

17 hours ago, S316 said:

The Jets will wear white jerseys and white pants at home this week against the Seahawks

http://m.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/GAMEDAY-GUIDE-102-Jets-vs-Seahawks/ed42b94d-bfe2-4a2f-b89d-ec94fe319d5d

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Seattle will most likely use blue tops with gray bottoms now. One of my favorite uniform combos. I'm surprised they haven't ever worn blue tops with white bottoms ever though with their new design. I would like to see that.

01182016-152777_dr_SEA_CAR_42-780x506.jpg

re: Bengals v. Dolphins

The Bengals' helmets look awesome with these white uniforms.  Add some minimal orange highlights to the pants and jersey, and you have a uniform far superior to the dumpster fire they usually wear.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

8 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Seattle will most likely use blue tops with gray bottoms now. One of my favorite uniform combos. I'm surprised they haven't ever worn blue tops with white bottoms ever though with their new design. I would like to see that.

01182016-152777_dr_SEA_CAR_42-780x506.jpg

Even though I don't like grey pants in general, I do think it works for Seattle because it matches the grey numbers and stripes. They're probably the only team in the NFL I don't like seeing with white pants because they look so out of place from the rest of their grey-heavy uniforms. Still, I wish their grey was a tad-bit darker so it didn't look like they were wearing dirty white pants.

14 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Even though I don't like grey pants in general, I do think it works for Seattle because it matches the grey numbers and stripes. They're probably the only team in the NFL I don't like seeing with white pants because they look so out of place from the rest of their grey-heavy uniforms. Still, I wish their grey was a tad-bit darker so it didn't look like they were wearing dirty white pants.

Seattle has only worn white pants with their white jerseys

1 hour ago, s3ahawkz said:

combinations.pngSeahawks have never worn the 3rd, 8th, and 9th uniform combo.

In my opinion they should just ditch the white pants altogether. The reason they've never been worn with the navy or grey jerseys is because there isn't any white at all on either of them, and the white would look terribly out of place. Now technically there isn't really any grey on the white jersey but the grey pants still work very well because it matches better with the helmet logo. If I were in charge they'd wear navy over grey as their regular home uniform, with mono navy maybe a couple times a year, and white over navy and white over grey being used equally as their road uniforms. Probably still wear the solid grey rather than grey over navy as the alternate as the latter is a bit too dark to be worn on the road for my liking.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived