2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

I think the Seahawks should dump the white jersey or relegate it to alternate status (since it has meaning after winning the Super Bowl with them). They should wear the grey jersey as their away (just like they do in baseball). If there's enough contrast, they could even wear the grey jersey against a team wearing a white jersey (although considering it's a very light grey, it would have to be significant contrast). 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

In my opinion they should just ditch the white pants altogether. The reason they've never been worn with the navy or grey jerseys is because there isn't any white at all on either of them, and the white would look terribly out of place. Now technically there isn't really any grey on the white jersey but the grey pants still work very well because it matches better with the helmet logo. If I were in charge they'd wear navy over grey as their regular home uniform, with mono navy maybe a couple times a year, and white over navy and white over grey being used equally as their road uniforms. Probably still wear the solid grey rather than grey over navy as the alternate as the latter is a bit too dark to be worn on the road for my liking.

The Gray in the photo is not that dark in real life. It would look fine like if we play a team that's a different color like red

18 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Seattle will most likely use blue tops with gray bottoms now. One of my favorite uniform combos. I'm surprised they haven't ever worn blue tops with white bottoms ever though with their new design. I would like to see that.

01182016-152777_dr_SEA_CAR_42-780x506.jpg

Don't think white pants would look good seeing as there's not any white in the uniform besides the beak in the logo.

This should be their full time look, but they're in love with stupid mono for some reason (If they're gonna stick with this then at least get some green socks.) When they break out the gray pants they go from bottom 5 uniforms in the league to somewhere in the middle of the pack. I still hate the stupid chest stripes they have but I've gotten used to them.

Even when pairing the blue jersey with the grey pants, I still think the Seahawks have one of the bottom 10 looks in the league, but it's not terrible. I hate those chest stripes, and probably would prefer a silver color to a matte grey, but they'd at least look passable.

Now if they could just get rid of those chest stripes, we might be veering into positive territory...

On 9/18/2016 at 9:59 AM, arron25628 said:

I am watching a little bit of the Dolphins-Bengals game.  OMG, the Dolphins decided to look like 6 year olds and wear the orange "pajama" look.  Epic fail.  OTOH, at least the Bengals "color rush" all white looks good, but I just hope it is a one time thing.   I've seen better!!

On 9/27/2016 at 0:03 AM, crosfam said:

They could probably get away with a simpler red/blue stripe on both gray and white versions of the pants.  I love the all blue home jersey paired with an all white/red away jersey.  Very simple and unique, paired with that bold shiny blue helmet.   

gmain25s-1-web.jpg

They need to go back to their 1974 look or even their 2000 look. Just switch the red numbers with blue trim to blue numbers with red trim on the road whites from their 2000 look and the Giants are set. Plus add a blue, red, and blue piping on the sleeves of the road whites from their 2000 look and we got a winner. The home look can keep the plain look with the plain block numbers (they can do what the St.Louis/Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals did from 1960-2003 before their changed to those nasty Reebok piping). That is what the Giants need to do.

Also they really DO NEED TO DITCH THE GREY PANTS! No need to use it. The white facemask from 1980-1999 were far more superior than their grey facemask. But, I think (don't look at me weird for saying this), but I think the Panthers need to ditch the black facemask and use the grey one since silver is their helmet color. But that would make them look like the Raiders, so they might need to go with white helmets so that they can make room for their black pants. I can imagine the Panthers with white helmets, white jerseys, and black pants.

As for New England's color rush pants, they should of made the piping wider so they wouldn't had to use the Houston Texans pants. Yes, I know they have to use a hand me down version of the Texans navy blue pants and they really made me wonder a lot!

The NFL uniform design needs so much work. The color rush is just a better version of the NFL uniforms out there, so I have big hopes for the color rush uniforms helping some changes with teams in the future. Plus it will help us design better since I felt the Rams athletic gold uniforms are unique and WOW, I like them a lot.

I think the Seahawks need to give the monochrome a rest and use their silver pants (I don't give a crap about this wolf grey name or the name of the color that Nike named). Navy blue lids, navy blue jerseys, and silver pants would really break up the monotony of the uniforms. Plus they need to add more neon green into the mix and just brings some more color of life to their uniforms. That is why I think the 2012 Seahawks uniforms are VERY DRAB to me. They fell into the category of the 2008 Rams uniforms that were ultimately drab. The Rams throwbacks saved the uniforms. I also think the 2002-2011 Seahawks look was spotless. They needed to tinker with the teal blue and flow a little green into it and it would look almost the same colors like the Mariners 1993 look with just some bright green into the teal and navy blue and that is how the Seahawks should look. They could make the helmet navy blue and the jerseys navy blue with the teal green being the pants which would work. So basically right now is a good look for the Seahawks, they just need to clean up many problems with the design and it's color matching because right now the Seahawks look very drab right now doing monochrome and not featuring their old green colors.

16 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

They are probably set in their ways, like the Cowboys are with WAH

Maybe. I guess that's the nightmare with the Cowboys we have to deal with just like the Seahawks. This is what we have to suffer with. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh man. You are right and that sucks big time dude.

1 hour ago, msubulldog said:

They are probably set in their ways, like the Cowboys are with WAH

This would be just the 2nd time they wore all blue in the newest unis for a road game (not counting SB49 where they were actually the home squad).  First time was at Dallas last year.  My guess is that the team thinks they look cooler and tougher in all blue.  Too bad - I wish we would see them in grey pants more often and at home. 

sdal.png

I don't think their monochrome look is bad, but they could definitely use some different colored socks. They would be more tolerable if they were made green or grey, though I'd prefer grey because it would match most of the other elements.

6 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

Wtf why isn't Seattle wearing gray bottoms???

Screenshot_20161001-180442-01.jpeg

OK so I thought about it and I think we are wearing blue pants cuz last time we were in that stadium we wore blue pants in the super bowl win against the broncos

1 hour ago, robbman21 said:

It's October 2nd and I haven't seen anybody from any team wearing pink trim in any of the early games. Sorry if this was discussed or announced somewhere else already

The saints are wearing it rn vs the chargers

1 hour ago, s3ahawkz said:

The saints are wearing it rn vs the chargers

These 2 teams are the only ones I've seen with pink. There are a few chargers with illegal socks that look better than the leotard look. Melvin Gordon has white over most of the blue part and it looks like an all white sock with a blue and yellow stripe...kinda like the skins socks that are paired with burgundy pants

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived