2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/9/2016 at 11:23 AM, msubulldog said:

Titans are going with their Oiler-like look in Miami (who's doing the mono-white thing). I've noticed Tennessee has been using Titan Blue more this season than in the past:  

Probably their best look. I hate when they were that jersey with navy pants.

15 hours ago, msubulldog said:

Since the Cowboys are wearing their Color Rush set at Minnesota, any chance they could wear blue at home on Thanksgiving like they did in 2013 and 2014? That would allow the Redskins to show off their "Classic Look" of white over burgundy.

I don't think the Cowboys want the Redskins wearing their "Classic Look". 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 10/9/2016 at 3:11 PM, Around the Horn said:

And wow! does this look good! (Saw this while searching for the other pictures)

ten-09-allwhite-tomcroke-vert-620x885.jp

I can't help but laugh seeing that photo because the Titans wore those for AFL-50 legacy game at New England in 2009 and got thrashed in those 1960 Oilers throwbacks, 'twas 59-0! 

Great throwback uniform though.

4 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

I can't help but laugh seeing that photo because that Titans wore those for AFL-50 legacy game at New England in 2009 and got thrashed in those 1960 Oilers throwbacks, 'twas 59-0! 

Great throwback uniform though.

A shame they lost in them! They are really good uniforms and the whole AFL50 throwback program was really cool. Hopefully, the NFL does something similar for NFL100, but I'm not holding my breath.

YVRMUBj.png

17 hours ago, msubulldog said:

"alternate" as in burgundy over white?

No, alternate as in claret jerseys with khaki colored pants.  Claret is more of a burgundy mixed with plum, unlike their regular jerseys which are in fact burgundy.

The Redskins alternate uniform is their 80th anniversary season uni's minus that awesome looking simulated leather helmet that the NFL made them abandon due to their ridiculous one-helmet rule which the NFL has been trying to make themselves to believe the notion that by using the same helmet all season is part of their program on keeping players safer.

As far as the pants are concerned I always referred to them as 'khaki' colored, because that's how they look to me in most lighting.

By the way, they really should remove their helmet decal when wearing this set, or better yet manufacture a helmet decal that looks

identical to the retro logo patch on the jersey sleeves.

. Image result for washington redskins in throwbacks

On 10/9/2016 at 6:11 PM, Around the Horn said:

ten-09-allwhite-tomcroke-vert-620x885.jp

Add a red stripe and and Titans logo to the helmet and you'd have a simple but beautiful uniform.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 10/9/2016 at 3:26 PM, Mitch B said:

That franchise's aversion to using an all-time great uniform while sticking with a very dated and blah look is mind blowing.

Honestly, the Titans could rip-off any of the old Oilers uniforms (and maybe update their logo) and look fantastic. 

Just now, Red Wolf said:

Honestly, the Titans could rip-off any of the old Oilers uniforms (and maybe update their logo) and look fantastic. 

I agree completely.  I understand the need for change when they rebranded as the Titans, but a reversion back to the Oilers look is in order at this time.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived