2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Nick72Phins said:

Dolphins wearing aqua pants at home!!!

This summer didn't someone on here suggest there would be at least one Miami Gardens game where the Dolphins would break out white over aqua? I know earlier I saw something posted here, shared from their website, that they would go mono-aqua for 2 home games and throwback aqua for 2 other home dates.

12 hours ago, crosfam said:

I get the blue over blue identity thing in Seattle, but I really wish we could see blue over grey a few times a year.  Maybe even blue over white for a few early home games in the sun, maybe just preseason where nobody is watching?  Also like to see grey over blue just once.  Maybe blue with the color rush green pants for the final home game?  Just a little more variety.  I could live with blue over blue for maybe six or seven games a year. 

Couldn't agree more.  As a huge Seahawks fan, I dig the fact they are the only NFL team to have never worn white at home. I'd be ok with keeping that streak in tact, but can we please mix things up a little with the pants? The mono blue would be good for a handful of games a year, but lets mix and match a little. Same goes with the mono white on the road. They have been mixing that up more recently any way, I feel. You can even do the grey alt as a mono for one game and then use the blue pants the next time they wear it. The navy over grey looks so sharp when they wear it on the road, I would love to see that in Seattle. Overall, I think the grey pants are underutilized and while a flat grey sort of tie back to the original silver set the team had as their only option. Also, I think the Color Rush over navy looks fantastic as a one off.

ufqo7_zpsnvp7ryzl.jpg

SEAsig.png

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me 24 to 48 hours after a game to post corrections as 99% of the time I am not able to sit and post at the time of the game(s).

Regular Season Week 7 (Part1) (BYES: Panthers, Cowboys)
Bears @ Packers
Lr5pGU6.jpgc2tKXDy.jpg
Giants @ Rams (Twickenham)
DuEbeND.jpgsKWWm4Z.jpg
Saints @ Chiefs
vwBTMFe.jpgmYnedIX.jpg
Colts @ Titans
bQHLOWc.jpgW6VRhAb.jpg
Vikings @ Eagles
CyFh5Sn.jpg7t8GFc0.png

My Thoughts:

I don't know about everything else, but I prefer the Dolphins in all white at home. I love the aqua pants as much as anyone, but at home, something just doesn't look right.

Hate that the Chiefs appear to be doing what they did last year and turning to all white for away games.

Browns look way too orange in that combo, need brown socks or brown pants.

Week 7: Jags always wear their color at this point in the season. I'd say they go black over white vs. Oakland.

Hate the Rams in all white. They always wear this combo in Detroit for some reason.

it is almost like the Saints and Ravens are deliberately ticking me off they already have nice looking pants and going against opponents that would make good looking match ups but choose to go with the ugly yoga pants

22 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

it is almost like the Saints and Ravens are deliberately ticking me off they already have nice looking pants and going against opponents that would make good looking match ups but choose to go with the ugly yoga pants

Oh, it's not just you :-)

It's where I sit.

Archived