2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OrangeRush said:

According to Patrick Smyth's, the Vice President of PR stuff for the Broncos, Twitter the Broncos are going with blue tops and white pants after all,

I like the monochrome blue look, but it would be too much blue against a team like the Texans.

Yep blue on white it is. Though they did wear mono blue in 2010 against Houston.

4 hours ago, Lafarge said:

Slap a red outline on the helmet logo, and you've got a perfect look. That is what the Falcons should be wearing full time, old logo and all.

I'd add an inversion of the helmet stripe from the '66 throwback (red middle stripe flanked by two white stripes) to that. No silver would be my one condition. Silver really felt tacked on, and black/red/white is such a good color scheme on its own.

I'm loving the Falcons throw fauxbacks. The more I think about it, the more the Falcons fit better as a Black/Red team (in that order), but maybe red helmets over black jerseys would look best. All that said, what was wrong with just going back to the 1990s throwbacks?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

5 hours ago, OrangeRush said:

According to Patrick Smyth's, the Vice President of PR stuff for the Broncos, Twitter the Broncos are going with blue tops and white pants after all,

I like the monochrome blue look, but it would be too much blue against a team like the Texans.

I like this a lot. I think I prefer the Broncos in Orange first and foremost, but as far as the alternates are concerned:

Broncos Blue over White>>>Broncos Blue over Blue

The Broncos have never looked like the Broncos when they don't wear white pants, regardless of the jersey color.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

1 hour ago, DustDevil61 said:

I'm loving the Falcons throw fauxbacks. The more I think about it, the more the Falcons fit better as a Black/Red team (in that order), but maybe red helmets over black jerseys would look best. All that said, what was wrong with just going back to the 1990s throwbacks?

Probably because their approved alternate was already the 1966 throwback. Otherwise they'd have to introduce another design to replace what they already had. Though somehow the socks are very subtlety different. I love this look and wish Atlanta would use this and the Color Rush as the basis for a new uniform. Add a white jersey and this is mint. The black helmet and jersey takes me back.

5 hours ago, arron25628 said:

So the falcons can use 2 different helmets but no other team can wtf

What are you talking about? They're not using two different helmets. Different decals...just like Denver last week. And San Diego. And the Jets. 

11 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Probably because their approved alternate was already the 1966 throwback. Otherwise they'd have to introduce another design to replace what they already had. Though somehow the socks are very subtlety different. I love this look and wish Atlanta would use this and the Color Rush as the basis for a new uniform. Add a white jersey and this is mint. The black helmet and jersey takes me back.

About it being approved, they did wear the throwbacks with the red helmet in 2012 which was NIke's first and last year making different helmet throwbacks. I imagine in the case of guys like Julio Jones and Matt Ryan, they just got their uniforms out of storage.

1002_atlcar12_HarryDouglas.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

Someone needs to make a decal that fits the whole helmet, so we can have throwback colors, and the NFL can keep the one helmet rule...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived