2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

1 minute ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I don't argue with your tastes, but I can't imagine the NFL having the interest in the visual look of an individual game that we do on this part of the interweb.

Well I guess the fact that players are fined for letting their socks ride too low, or wearing a pink wristband when it's not October, or for wearing non-sanctioned cleats leads me to believe they are all too aware. And you don't even have to be a designer to simply implement a "no reverse color" rule.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, hawk36 said:

It's shocking to me that the NFL, with all its other restrictions protecting the brand, allows this to happen. You should avoid at all costs wearing an exact flip of the opposing team's jersey/pants.

Sorry but that's on the road team for wearing orange pants.  The Bengals (as the home team) have the choice to wear what they want (dark or light jersey at home).  The Browns have 3 options of pants to wear on the road and knew the Bengals were wearing orange.  They should have picked either of the other two.

8 hours ago, dennisbergan said:

Sorry but that's on the road team for wearing orange pants.  The Bengals (as the home team) have the choice to wear what they want (dark or light jersey at home).  The Browns have 3 options of pants to wear on the road and knew the Bengals were wearing orange.  They should have picked either of the other two.

Or the bengals could have chosen not to wear their orange alternates against one of the only other orange heavy teams to eliminate this from ever being a possibility.

16 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

Am I the only one who likes the Jags Color Rush unis? I like the honey mustard color I don't think it is as ugly as people make it out to be

I LOVE the jerseys. I hate the pants/socks. I'm playing as the Jags in my Madden franchise, I usually go color rush jerseys with white pants and black socks for home look and I think it looks awesome. 

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

So NOW the Bills are going to wear throwbacks this week when they should've worn them against the Dolphins last week. Not smart.

they're wearing them this week because they'll be in front of the people who would actually buy them. 

On 10/25/2016 at 5:45 PM, Rj0498 said:

Am I the only one who likes the Jags Color Rush unis? I like the honey mustard color I don't think it is as ugly as people make it out to be

Direct quote from Blake Bortles - "I think they're ugly as hell." :lol:

On Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 5:11 AM, Old School Fool said:

Oh god. the Browns/Bengals game is going to be the worst looking game of Week 7. Why on earth.are the Browns wearing orange pants for this when the Bengals are wearing Orange? Could it have killed them to wear white or even brown? This team, man...

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/matchups/2016_7_CLE_CIN.shtml

This maybe the worst matchup in the last decade.......the browns just need to go back to their original look once the grace period is expired..... my god that was bad

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

On 10/24/2016 at 9:21 PM, NFLfan10 said:
53 minutes ago, scraw28 said:

This maybe the worst matchup in the last decade.......the browns just need to go back to their original look once the grace period is expired..... my god that was bad

I disagree - I think the current Browns look is just a few steps away from being really good. If they reign in the stripe size on the jersey, size down the wordmark and continue the stripes on the pants all the way down you have a really, really solid look. The problem is Nike went a little too overboard and it's kind of a mess right now, but I think there are good elements there like the brown face mask and the overall boldness.

8 hours ago, Zee-Row said:

Yes they do , especially with orange being in the jersey itself.

We've already seen the Bucs trot out the orange socks with this current set.  They looked misplaced and quite frankly stupid.  Glad they seem to be gone.  Now if they ever go with a orange alternate jersey, then they'd have a place.  But only then.

Last weekend of the NFL's annual monthly pandering and profit "not sharing" to cancer.  Lets all toast a glass as we see the hideous pink highlights and pink shoes and pink socks and pink whistles and pink goal post covers and pink chinstaps... etc.... put into the hamper for another year.  Of course November then becomes the NFL's month to pander to veterans with camoflauge so we have that to look forward to.

16 hours ago, dont care said:

Or the bengals could have chosen not to wear their orange alternates against one of the only other orange heavy teams to eliminate this from ever being a possibility.

They've worn them against the Brownies before.

This one was on Cleveland for their choice.  But really no different then seeing a home team with a navy blue jersey and white pants play against a road team with white jersey and navy pants. I find that highly annoying too.

17 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

"So NOW the Bills are going to wear throwbacks this week when they should've worn them against the Dolphins last week. Not smart"

The Bills should have worn the throwback 2 weeks in a row, just as NFL rules allow.  Wearing them in Miami would have been brilliant, two AFL  teams in their retro AFL uniforms.  

Yeap, the Bills blew that opportunity..

Archived