2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

1 minute ago, daveindc said:

"All-black for all-black sake". The Ravens' all-black is not. It fits their brand. This is the whole point of the discussion...

No - that's the direction you are trying to take it after being told it wasn't unique. This is spin to fit your perspective.

Panthers are black. All black fits their brand, therefore the Ravens aren't unique.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

No - that's the direction you are trying to take it after being told it wasn't unique. This is spin to fit your perspective.

Panthers are black. All black fits their brand, therefore the Ravens aren't unique.

My argument for the all-black Ravens look is the same as it was in the beginning. You're the only one with the attempt at nitpicking this. Who cares? I forgot about the Panthers. Woopty doo, you got me. I'll use the word "rare" instead to avoid wasting anymore time on this...

3 hours ago, daveindc said:

"All-black for all-black sake". The Ravens' all-black is not. It fits their brand. This is the whole point of the discussion...

Really, when their primary is purple you can't say that it's the only one that's not all black for all black sake when the panthers, saints bengals, and jaguars currently have black primaries (in the jags case all black is their primary) and when the falcons originally debuted those uniforms they were a black team so it most certainly does fit their brand, even better than the ravens do being a purple team.

3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Maybe I'm the only one, but I strongly feel that the Ravens should never wear white pants. They throw off the balance of the uniform. Their black pants look fantastic with all three jerseys:

BHw1yIC.jpg

bFUnPbF.jpg

OzX2JgF.jpg

I do agree that the "yoga pants" look sucks, though. They need purple socks to wear with the black pants. I would also love to see a purple shimmer effect on their helmets and (if possible) the pants like the Jaguars had with their old teal-flaked helmets:

tlMUyQY.jpg

I'm with you with the black pants look. I like it better than the white pants look. Now if only they had gold and purple stripes.

Also, a purple shimmer would look great and very apropo.

56 minutes ago, dont care said:

Really, when their primary is purple you can't say that it's the only one that all black for all black sake when the panthers, saints bengals, and jaguars currently have black primaries (in the jags case all black is their primary) and when the falcons originally debuted those uniforms they were a black team so it most certainly does fit their brand, even better than the ravens do being a purple team.

Wait a second - I thought I was the only one?  :-)

It's where I sit.

11 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

Oh I don't know why I always thought they only wore them once a year. They should do it once a year though that would be better

No, no they should not... The purple-purple-white-purple is one of the best looks in the league. All purple is AWFUL...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

7 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

I also could cope with Columbia over navy, or navy over white for their home regular-season finale.

Agreed.Titans do not look good in all navy.What did they wear when Steve McNair was QB it was Columbia over navy or Columbia over white right?

This season's color rush games has reaffirmed my strong dislike for all white football uniforms. I know that was done primarily because of the color blind issue they had last season. Still though, never have and likely never will like all white unis on the gridiron. Nope.

SN: Why are the heck are Giants in white tonight anyway? That old LT era royal blue doesn't clash with black.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

22 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Agreed.Titans do not look good in all navy.What did they wear when Steve McNair was QB it was Columbia over navy or Columbia over white right?

All navy looks better than Columbia over navy by a mile. Columbia over navy looks awful because of the poor color balance. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

3 hours ago, dont care said:

You remember the color blind complaint about the jets bills color rush game last year right. 

Oh yeah true. I think if the Seahawks wore green color rush and cardinals wore all red it would be fine though because it's a different shade of green and the helmets are different. The bills and jets had almost identical designs in their color rush

8 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Oh yeah true. I think if the Seahawks wore green color rush and cardinals wore all red it would be fine though because it's a different shade of green and the helmets are different. The bills and jets had almost identical designs in their color rush

It would still be yellowish green vs kelly green to a colorblind person, even with different helmets it will be hard to follow

Archived