2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Does the coach or GM choose the teams uniform?

I'd say so considering Redskins GM Bruce Allen famously has a boner for the gold pants and refused to let the team wear any other pants until this year. It doesn't surprise me that the Redskins Color Rush uniform is all gold either.

hope that when the Rams switch back to these/ Fearsome Foursome, they try to get the helmet blues to match the royal blue tops. It's always bugged me. Kinda like the LSU purple in the helmets not matching the unis. Wait...I've had too many eggnogs. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Wow nice eye I didn't even notice that. The first photo is from today and the second is from the game against the Patriots a couple of weeks back

53 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Saw Russell Wilson with a different facemask today...cant find a picture.

Screenshot_20161224-232908-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20161224-233012.png

On 12/21/2016 at 0:46 PM, daveindc said:

By your logic, the Ravens could wear teal and yellow and it wouldn't make a difference.

If a team's brand has unique colors associated with it, they usually include it in the color scheme. Dolphins, Seahawks, 49ers, Chargers, etc. The all black Raven is unique. The all-black uni looks good and is unique to the Ravens. I never said they should drop the purple, just that they should wear all black more often because it looks good and most people love them. 

On 12/21/2016 at 11:44 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

By this logic, we need to get the Eagles into brown pants and jerseys, and a white helmet with a yellow mask.

Bald_Eagle_Portrait.jpg

And I've solved the Ram's uniform color decision... they just go all white with dirty brown horns on the helmet...

1-adult-dall-sheep-ram-resting-michael-j

As for Chicago...

3101743_bear-453765.jpg

That's cute but not an exact analogy.

"Raven" in the dictionary is also defined as an adjective for the color black - i.e. "Raven colored hair".

So the Ravens didn't just pick black because the bird is black. The word "Raven" literally means "black". This is what makes all-black unique for their branding more than any other team.

14 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

I just saw Steve Smith wearing black socks with the ravens all white uniforms. This better not be the Falcons vs buccaneers all over again where half the team wears black socks and the other half wears white

It's not color rush so it won't be a problem

9 minutes ago, dont care said:

It's not color rush so it won't be a problem

Uhhh, yes it is... The Steelers are wearing this uniform:

IMG_2662.JPG

And Baltimore is supposed to be wearing all white including the socks since their purple Color Rush uniform is a bit too dark to contrast with the all black of Pittsburgh.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Steelers look pretty darn good in this. Won't want them full time, but I'd like to see them with regular yellow pants 

IMG_2662.JPG

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

33 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Ravens are just wearing their normal away uniform because this apparently isn't a real Color Rush game. If I remember right the Steelers put in a special request to wear Color Rush for Christmas.

This is indeed a real Color Rush game as it's listed in the NFL and Nike's official Color Rush schedule for this season. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived