Back in October, I started my "Yet Another" series of concepts by doing a crossover thread in which I made football team out of current MLB teams. It was fun and probably my most successful thread on these boards with the NHL Crossover and NFL Series threads right behind. 

Fast forward almost nine months and I've decided to update each and every one of the concepts. Instead of adding on to the old thread and having you all dig through almost 7 pages of now-broken links, I will re-post them using my new Nike Vapor Untouchable template, featuring pants options and more-detailed helmets. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without further ado, the first team "up to bat" is the...

ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS:

Home:

WYfOgt4.jpg

Away:

FzdLXpR.jpg

Alternate:

nCe6DVt.jpg

Blackout:

BxerJkT.jpg

Throwback:

9YafWYy.jpg

Suggestions: Outline helmet logo in turquoise on primaries, use proper throwback font.

NOTES

I decided to start with Arizona because Anaheim is just a simple template change and the D-Backs had more to work with. I wasn't able to recreate the actual diamond/gradient pattern that the team uses, so I settled for a basic gradient. The helmet, jerseys, and pants all feature a gradient. The D-Snake logo appears on the helmet and the pants options feature the thin cut-off stripe. The Throwback was obvious as it's based on their inaugural set. This time I made the pants and helmet shiny & copper.

C&C is appreciated. Anaheim is on deck! :)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks pretty interesting. My only suggestions would be to use the wordmark on the chest instead of the logo. MLB has some great scripts and wordmarks to work with so I think it would look better on the chest than the same logo you used for the helmet. Also a minor nitpick but all of the helmet logos don't look centered to me, I know you may be doing this to avoid laying it on the helmet's holes but most Revo Speed helmets feature a logo decal over or cut with the holes anyways.

I'll echo what TVIXX said as well, go with the D-backs throwback font for the throwback uniforms, also maybe try using the pattern on the pants stripe.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Thanks for the comments guys. As far as wordmarks go on the jerseys, I've already made my way through Pittsburgh (alphabetically), so the first 22 teams will have either have the logo or no logo until I begin the "update" portion at the end of the series. I'll add them to the remaining teams, however. Thanks for the idea, bigmike!

As for the throwback font, I'll have to do a bit of digging before I find the real thing.

The reason I placed the logo on the chest was because most colleges with Nike place a logo at the base of the collar rather than a full wordmark.

However, that's more with the Mach Speed Template, not the Vapor template. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Moving on with four more teams:

ANAHEIM ANGELS:

Home:

N4aOj96.jpg

Away:

TW4usQQ.jpg

Throwback:

OlIYcNZ.jpg

Suggestions: Use different font for Throwback - MLS font?

NOTES

The halo returns to the update as well as the logo on the back, similar to Oregon's football helmets.

Like the Diamondbacks' throwback, I'll have to find the real font used by the team during the "Disney" era.

ATLANTA BRAVES:

Home:

kUo7UIV.png

Away:

AhtiVc7.png

NOTES

Not much has changed with the Braves since the original series other than the new pants options.

Now that I look at it again, I'm thinking the tomahawk may look good on the pants, but may also be overkill.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES:

Home:

kxcpEU9.jpg

Away:

cQaXZaG.jpg

Alternate:

mMYOwBc.jpg

NOTES

As much as I love the cartoon bird, he doesn't work in a football world. So, the detailed bird appears on the shoulders with the O's logo on the helmet. 

Other than the added pants options, nothing really changes from the original.

BOSTON RED SOX:

Home:

0A8NzXi.jpg

Away:

ZWnNh4f.jpg

Alternate:

5rg05I4.jpg

NOTES

A team as old as the BoSox deserve a simple & classic uniform.

Nothing changed from the original series. 

On deck: Cubs, brand new White Sox feat. a new logo, Reds, & the Indians. C&C appreciated!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

6 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

N4aOj96.jpg

Away:

TW4usQQ.jpg

Throwback:

OlIYcNZ.jpg

NOTES

The halo returns to the update as well as the logo on the back, similar to Oregon's football helmets.

Like the Diamondbacks' throwback, I'll have to find the real font used by the team during the "Disney" era.

The Disney font is really close to the flattened MLS 2013 font from Conrad.

That Angels set is beautiful, love the helmet!

The Braves look pretty good, I like your idea for the helmet but the logo might be a tad bit too big. I like the striping though, not too sure how I feel about the red numbers on the blue jersey, it might just need white in between the yellow outline and the red number to contrast a little bit more but I love the addition of yellow! The O's and Red Sox look good too!

No rush on the script idea, I think that is one of my personal preferences anyways but I do think it would really elevate these designs since the baseball uniforms are normally centered around a team's script. You are doing a superb job though, I think it is hard to pull off good crossovers but everything in this thread has been very impressive!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

It's amazing how much better those D-Backs uniforms look as a football uniform over baseball. Love it. Also love your take on the Disney era Angels. All of these look good, but I think the Orioles Black alternate seems a bit plain. I like the use of the bird on the sleeves, but maybe use that Orioles-Maryland Flag roundel that they use on their current uniforms. 

Thanks you all for the comments and suggestions, guys! Also thanks to TVIXX for pointing me in the direction of the Diamondbacks' throwback font.

Time for the next four teams:

CHICAGO CUBS

Home:

tewfTfZ.jpg

Away:

7ZPnRQQ.jpg

Throwback:

oQMIw1s.jpg

NOTES

Not much to say about these really. Again, it's another set that never really changed since the last thread.

In my very first iteration of these, I had the walking cub on the pants, but the idea was struck down at the time.

The throwback is inspired by the team's 1945 uniforms.

CHICAGO WHITE SOX

Logo:

1nkhIIH.jpg

Home:

V3ahnNa.jpg

Away:

EsOUYEA.jpg

Throwback:

bLKdish.jpg

NOTES

This is a bit of a combination of eras look, as you will see in a few more concepts later in the series. 

The logo is inspired by the team's primary/alternate logos used from 1949-1970 (Used as a primary logo from '49-'59).

The throwback was an obvious choice, as the set is based on the team's look during the mid-80's.

CINCINNATI REDS

Home:

eW6HKLt.jpg

Away:

LnPCeAl.jpg

Alternate:

eq4Ot0w.jpg

NOTES

The main difference between this set and the one in the original thread is the fact that I darkened the red a tad as the original looked somewhat like pink or magenta.

The original set had a drop-shadow on the stripes to resemble the logo & digits, but was shot down and removed in the update. 

The entire set is based on the pillbox caps that were brought back for the All-Star game last year.

Can't remember why I removed the drop-shadow on the black jersey, but I'll put it back if people think it should be there.

CLEVELAND INDIANS

Home:

nKWnEas.jpg

Away:

asKVRFS.jpg

NOTES

Again, another pretty simple set that needed very little tweaking the first go-around. 

No matter what you think about the whole "Chief Wahoo" thing, I didn't use it not because of that, but because I don't think it's a good logo.

That being said, I don't like what they've replaced with either: the stupid Block C.

I'd like to see a new Native American logo for the team, but in the meantime, they should just use the C from the 70's or the I from the 2000's.

Basically, the whole set is a throwback to the team's look in the 70's. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On deck: Colorado, Detroit, Houston, & Kansas City.

C&C is greatly appreciated! :)

For Cleveland, I think the Indians word mark would be prefect for the helmets ala Indiana last year. Also possibly run the piping across the top of shoulders, down the seams and on to the pants similar to their uniforms from 1989-1993. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, spartan lover- said:

really like the new white sox logo

Thanks!

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

For Cleveland, I think the Indians word mark would be prefect for the helmets ala Indiana last year. Also possibly run the piping across the top of shoulders, down the seams and on to the pants similar to their uniforms from 1989-1993. 

I like your idea regarding the script on the helmet, but I'm afraid we'll have to disagree on the sleeve/side striping. I'm not a fan of stripes going down the side of a football jersey as it reminds me too much of the early 2000's with the Bills' trainwreck, the original Rams update, and practically every Arena Football team at the time. Plus, I've got a similar idea for the Mets in regards to shoulder stripes (*wink wink* *nudge nudge*).

51 minutes ago, TVIXX said:

I think it would be better for the Reds if you removed the drop-shadow and replaced it with an outline

could we get an updated Brewers soon?

I'll try the outline suggestion for the Reds during the update portion. 

The Brewers will be in the group after the next one as I am going alphabetically. So, once I post Colorado, Detroit, Houston, & KC, the Brew Crew will be grouped together with LA, Miami, & Minnesota.

37 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I'm not a big fan of the new Sox logo. :unsure: It might be better if you reuse their actual flying sock logo rather than recreate it.

Not sure I follow ya on this one. What do you mean by their "actual flying sock logo"?

33 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Not sure I follow ya on this one. What do you mean by their "actual flying sock logo"?

I meant that this looks like a new logo you created from scratch, based on a logo they actually used to wear. If you used the original logo you referenced, it might work better.

This would be my suggestion of for brewers

combining both the retro and regular jerseys

retro jersey with wheat inside the striping pattern

alternate jersey: light blue jersey with oversized stripes on the sleeves

Archived