mbannon's 2016 NFL Uniform Concepts - NFC North (7/25)

mbannon92

Here's my suggestion for the Cardinals. Go with more traditional stripes. Get rid of the red shoulders on the white uniforms. Again I love the look of all white uniforms when a team has white helmets. I do like the small "Cardinals" name on the front, and the Cardinals logo on the back. Maybe go with a red facemask, even though I usually like the traditional gray on most helmets. Lastly, get rid of the awful black alternate jerseys. Since black is an official color of the Cardinals I'm not opposed to a black alternate, but this just looks like a weak attempt. Too bad the NFL doesn't allow different helmets since an all black uniform including helmet would be great. Would love the see a black helmet with the red Cardinals helmet logo outlined in white. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@RickAZ The Cards have been done for awhile, and I think you'll like what I did. Unfortunately the NFC West is the last division I'll be posting, so stick around!

@scraw28 With Dallas and NY in silver pants, I wanted to keep the Eagles green and white with silver accents.

@JTswag187 I'm not a huge fan of the current yellow pants, but I'll try it out and see if I like it with matching stripes. It could be an alternate option for a couple home games a year.

The AFC East looks great overall, but I don't like the sleeve design on the Cowboys. It doesn't really look like a star to me, it just looks awkward. We know from last year that the actual double-star design still works on modern jersey templates, so why not just go with that?

z5eLlDz.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

MBannon, again great job with the NFC East

Dallas: 7/10. I like the alignment of colors. The uniform? Meh. It's not bad but it's not great.

New York: 11/10. I know it says 11/10 (not logical, lol) but this is the best one and by far how the giants should look. The color balance and use and nearly perfect. The only change I would make is making the middle northwestern stripe on the pants white instead of gray. The best one yet!

Philadelphia: 9/10. This just falls short of perfection. I love you simplified the colors to just midnight green and silver (no need for midnight green and black). The only issue is the striping choice. Everything (the number choice and helmet) looks modern. Felt you could've been a little more modern and creative with the striping.

Washington: 7/10. I personally more of a fan of the spear uniforms and colors. But these are cool and nice.

Great job. Can't wait to see more.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Update time! Got rid of the collar stripe for the Eagles (updated in OP), and played around with the Cowboys. I shrunk the star a bit and moved it up, so three points are now showing. Let me know if you think it's an upgrade...I don't want to go full double-star (as shown above), as I don't really like how the sleeve extends up into the star. I wanted to incorporate it more into the sleeve cap.

NE_DAL-New-01.png

Up next, the AFC North.

Baltimore Ravens

- Silver replaces gold.

- Helmet features a purple-flaked finish, similar to the Jaguars old helmets, and the sleeves and pants feature purple-to-black color changing material. I know many don't like the Ravens' blending of purple and black, but I think they need to go further with it.

- Subtle Maryland flag pattern on sleeves.

AN_BAL-01.png

Cincinnati Bengals

- A return to a more traditional look, with tiger stripe shoulder loops and straightened pants stripes.

- Number font stays, but sans drop shadow.

- Orange alternate features black numbers and NOB to add a little more black to the look.

AN_CIN-01.png

Cleveland Browns

- Sleeve stripes kept to the caps.

- Used the number font that matches the official font used for the wordmarks, marketing materials, etc.

- No pants wordmark. Because duh.

AN_CLE-01.png

Pittsburgh Steelers

- Pared down the sleeve stripes, removing the bottom yellow portion. Plenty of teams have had to do this over the years, and I think it still looks alright.

- New number font that is modeled after the Steelers wordmark.

- New throwback alternate from 1966-67.

AN_PIT-01.png

I think the Ravens are right on the money, the purple-flaked finish on the helmet is awesome. Only complaint would be that the Maryland flag is very hard to distinguish, purple on black isn't the greatest contrast, but I see why you used it.

The Bengals alt looks great in all orange, the stripes on the shoulders are very cool.

The other ones are classic, not much to say about them.

I will say the purple came out darker on mobile than it did on the computer. If you open the image in a new tab and zoom in you can see the flag design better. But the point was for it to be really subtle. In certain lighting the sleeves would look all black, then when the light hits it right the purple shines through.

As for silver vs. gold, I'll wait and see if I get some more opinions, but I like how the silver turned out. 

On 6/26/2016 at 8:53 PM, mbannon92 said:

First up, the AFC East.

Buffalo Bills

- Wide, red, tapered stripes on the helmet, jersey, pants, and socks.

- Changed the facemask to blue and removed all navy.

- Alternate is the "standing buffalo" throwback.

AE_BUF-01.png

Miami Dolphins

- New striping pattern that reflects the design of the logo and makes orange more prominent.

- Wavy striping on the sleeves and socks.

- Dark aqua outlines on the numbers and NOB just looked really cool to me.

AE_MIA-01.png

New England Patriots

- A bit of a blending of eras here, taking the current look and giving the jerseys traditional shoulder loops (that go all the way around!) and pants stripes based on the logo, similar to their first Flying Elvis set.

- Red alternate jersey, creating a look very similar to their pre-Elvis days.

AE_NE-01.png

New York Jets

- KELLY GREEN!

- Combined the double stripes of their current/original look with a green helmet with the NY logo to bring elements from all eras.

- Jet stream sleeve stripes continue onto the chest, taking advantage of the Vapor Speed jersey's lack of seams.

AE_NYJ-01.png

I was seeing this and to be fair, I like the Buffalo Bills uniforms. I would of added a white pants option for the away look to be honest. As for the Jets, I love your sleeves (although I love to put the UCLA piping the Colts have on them. KELLY GREEN HELMETS ^_^ By 1978, white helmets is not for the Jets to me.

Alright, next up is the NFC Norris Division.

Chicago Bears

- Tweaked the home sleeve/sock stripes to be equal widths W/O/W / B / W/O/W / B / W/O/W.

- Flipped the colors of the road pants stripe to match the road sleeve stripes.

- Kept the 1940s throwback.

NN_CHI-01.png

Detroit Lions

- Removed black from the colors scheme.

- Kept the helmet/pants stripes – with blue replacing black on the outside – and tweaked the sleeve stripe.

- Brought back the Thanksgiving day throwback.

NN_DET-01.png

Green Bay Packers

- Tweaked the sleeve stripes – green/white/green with thicker yellow on either side – to better work with the helmet and pants.

- Removed the collar stripes and added sock stripes.

- Kept the blue and yellow throwback they added last year.

NN_GB-01.png

Minnesota Vikings

- No more black facemask.

- Got rid of the awkward serif/point things on the numbers.

- Changed the stripe coloring on the white pants to match the white jersey.

NN_MIN-01.png

22 hours ago, mbannon92 said:

Alright, next up is the NFC Norris Division.

Chicago Bears

- Tweaked the home sleeve/sock stripes to be equal widths W/O/W / B / W/O/W / B / W/O/W.

- Flipped the colors of the road pants stripe to match the road sleeve stripes.

- Kept the 1940s throwback.

NN_CHI-01.png

Detroit Lions

- Removed black from the colors scheme.

- Kept the helmet/pants stripes – with blue replacing black on the outside – and tweaked the sleeve stripe.

- Brought back the Thanksgiving day throwback.

NN_DET-01.png

Green Bay Packers

- Tweaked the sleeve stripes – green/white/green with thicker yellow on either side – to better work with the helmet and pants.

- Removed the collar stripes and added sock stripes.

- Kept the blue and yellow throwback they added last year.

NN_GB-01.png

Minnesota Vikings

- No more black facemask.

- Got rid of the awkward serif/point things on the numbers.

- Changed the stripe coloring on the white pants to match the white jersey.

NN_MIN-01.png

NO NO NO! No grey facemask for the Lions please. Make it Hawaii Blue or whatever it's called. Beige pants should be part of the Packers throwback set since back in 1937-1948....Wait, they did wear athletic gold pants by the 1940's with the set I believe. Am I right? Oh yeah, 1937-1948, but on GUD I saw their 1937 had a little dark teal color to it instead of navy blue or maybe it's off color or so. You got the throwbacks for the Packers very correct.

FINALLY, a nice Viking set.

I think you should bring back the serif on the Vikings font. It added a little more originality to the set... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

@Carolingian Steamroller The 40s set didn't have a helmet logo, so I wanted to be as authentic as possible on the throwback. I would have considering changing it up and throwing back to the white C era if the unis weren't exactly the same!

@Silver_Star I'm not a big fan of the Honolulu blue facemask for the Lions. I think with silver helmets I just prefer a silver or dark facemask.

Any other opinions? I know the NFC North is kind of boring haha

Archived