World American Football League *GREECE*

the_grateful_ted

Good start to a Belgium team I was looking forward to. One suggestion that I think would help improve it. Maybe on the bottom of the backside of the helmet, put a number decal? I noticed you haven't done that with any of the concepts yet.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Belgium's jerseys. I was gonna suggest the same stripes on the pants and helmet but your explanation makes sense. The only suggestion is to maybe make the numbers not as wide. Either skinny them or make them longer. There's something off about them and hopefully that could help. Can't wait for France!

18 minutes ago, natolian10 said:

I love Belgium's jerseys. I was gonna suggest the same stripes on the pants and helmet but your explanation makes sense. The only suggestion is to maybe make the numbers not as wide. Either skinny them or make them longer. There's something off about them and hopefully that could help. Can't wait for France!

You took the words right out of my mouth. I love everything except the numbers, something about them just seems off.

ExJworW.png

On June 27, 2016 at 2:30 PM, sleuthpanther said:

I don't want to ruin the surprise with the other conferences, but I will say the first I'm taking on is the WESTERN CONFERENCE. It consists of England, Ireland, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal and Switzerland. I will be taking on England first, the uniforms have been done for a while but I'm having trouble with the logo so stay tuned! 

@StaatsBrett he will be tackling these teams first, and those teams may be coming soon.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

16 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

i don't know maybe put a red cross outlined in white opposite the nike swoosh... maybe?

I didn't forget about this comment don't worry, revisions will come at the end of every conference, hopefully there will be less clutter that way. I'll see how it looks though!

1 hour ago, Broncoboy7 said:

Good start to a Belgium team I was looking forward to. One suggestion that I think would help improve it. Maybe on the bottom of the backside of the helmet, put a number decal? I noticed you haven't done that with any of the concepts yet.

I knew there was something I was forgetting! Thank you for that, I'll add that along with any other comments and details at the end of this conference!

58 minutes ago, natolian10 said:

I can definitely post the double stripes on the pants if you would like to see how they look, just personal preference for me. They are pretty chubby numbers, my only reasoning being that on Adidas jerseys, the numbers tend to look more stretched out. It looks like I overdid it, and I'll thin them out in revisions. Thank you for the comments! 

38 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

You took the words right out of my mouth. I love everything except the numbers, something about them just seems off.

^^^ Those will be fixed for sure.

18 minutes ago, StaatsBrett said:

I think you should do  Germany  or Russia 

Haha in time! I think I'm going to take on the Far Eastern conference on next for some variety, but after that i'll get to some other Euro teams (Like Russia and good ol Germany)

That was a fantastic round of comments, thank you so much guys! So in terms of revisions, I was thinking of just compiling them in the end of each conference. That way I can get new content, like new teams, out to you much faster and hopefully keep this thread moving. On the downside, you guys don't get to see your feedback contribute right away. Do you all have a preference? Let me know with more comments below, and more C&C is always welcome! Expect France in the next few days, thanks!

36 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

I didn't forget about this comment don't worry, revisions will come at the end of every conference, hopefully there will be less clutter that way. I'll see how it looks though!

I knew there was something I was forgetting! Thank you for that, I'll add that along with any other comments and details at the end of this conference!

I can definitely post the double stripes on the pants if you would like to see how they look, just personal preference for me. They are pretty chubby numbers, my only reasoning being that on Adidas jerseys, the numbers tend to look more stretched out. It looks like I overdid it, and I'll thin them out in revisions. Thank you for the comments! 

^^^ Those will be fixed for sure.

Haha in time! I think I'm going to take on the Far Eastern conference on next for some variety, but after that i'll get to some other Euro teams (Like Russia and good ol Germany)

That was a fantastic round of comments, thank you so much guys! So in terms of revisions, I was thinking of just compiling them in the end of each conference. That way I can get new content, like new teams, out to you much faster and hopefully keep this thread moving. On the downside, you guys don't get to see your feedback contribute right away. Do you all have a preference? Let me know with more comments below, and more C&C is always welcome! Expect France in the next few days, thanks!

No that's fine. It's your concept I'll take your word for it. Plus I just realized the two stripes are obviously the horns but the one stripe on the pants could be interpreted as like the tail of the devil. 

3 hours ago, natolian10 said:

No that's fine. It's your concept I'll take your word for it. Plus I just realized the two stripes are obviously the horns but the one stripe on the pants could be interpreted as like the tail of the devil. 

I am gratefully taking that explanation in case I need to come up with some "nike speak" for these uniforms, thank you! 

3 hours ago, Rocky Top said:

I'd like to see what you could do with Iceland

I'll take this as a chance to explain the overall idea now. WAFL has 52 members in it. That obviously leaves a lot of countries in the dark. After I get all the first 52 teams done, I will include a few (poster voted?) expansions. I tried to base these teams off countries which I realistically could compete in a league ;like this. I actually have rankings for the 52 I have now, and it's based off teams that already have a lot of experience with American football, have a culture that could meld with the sport. Bonus points for countries that play a lot of Rugby. It is possible that Iceland would not make the cut. We'll see in time though, and I assure plenty of other Nordic countries are included!

2 hours ago, CoolestSportsConcepts said:

I really like these with the custom logos you made. I made a thread similar to this a few months ago. I especially like the Belgium Away.

Nice to see you on the boards again, I remember messaging you a few months back asking for permission to start a thread like this but it obviously took longer for me set up. Hopefully having two similar leagues like this doesn't get too confusing, love the work you've been doing!

11 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

I am gratefully taking that explanation in case I need to come up with some "nike speak" for these uniforms, thank you! 

I'll take this as a chance to explain the overall idea now. WAFL has 52 members in it. That obviously leaves a lot of countries in the dark. After I get all the first 52 teams done, I will include a few (poster voted?) expansions. I tried to base these teams off countries which I realistically could compete in a league ;like this. I actually have rankings for the 52 I have now, and it's based off teams that already have a lot of experience with American football, have a culture that could meld with the sport. Bonus points for countries that play a lot of Rugby. It is possible that Iceland would not make the cut. We'll see in time though, and I assure plenty of other Nordic countries are included!

Nice to see you on the boards again, I remember messaging you a few months back asking for permission to start a thread like this but it obviously took longer for me set up. Hopefully having two similar leagues like this doesn't get too confusing, love the work you've been doing!

Haha go right ahead man. Speaking Nike is kinda my forte. 

When I do a project like this, I am very tempted to do two things for a lot of countries. One is, use the flag as my inspiration for everything. The other is to use the country's soccer uniforms. Using only these two has a few problems. One being, you have a lot of very similar color schemes. The other is a lack of traditional metallic football colors, mainly Old or vegas Gold, and silver. No flag in the world uses these, and soccer teams hardly ever do. So for France, I decided to go a little out of the box.

FrancePromotional_zpskxm8denw.png

I knew I was going to use navy from the start, and I knew I didn't want only navy and white. I tried with red which was obvious, but I just didn't like how it looked. So I tried both silver and Gold, and eventually I came up with "Champagne Gold", an odd mix of the two. My primary is a Gallic Rooster, specifically modeled after the famous 20 Marc french coin. The legs looked too weak, so I stylized the bottom. I tried to give the rooster a snarky, arrogant look (ya know, France). 

FranceHome_zpstq4liuaj.png

FranceAway_zps5ipdoz06.png

Helmet

I experimented with a gold helmet, but navy looked better. Traditonal brahsier stripe, but included sumblimated fleur de lis's in the stripe to make it a little less plain.

Jersey

More brashier stripes more fleur de lis's. On the back collar it says "Tous pour un, un pour tous". The old musketeer saying all for one one for all. Rooster on the collar.

Pants

Striping with Fleur De lis's again, navy for away.

Accessories

More striped socks!! Mimics the other striping, tried to fir the fleurs in but just didn't fit. Simple gloves. Cleats are team colored, decided to throw in some more gold.

All in all a pretty traditional looking uniform, just not for France. What do you all think? Should I head back to the drawing board with red instead? Comments and criticism are appreciated as usual! So we're more than half way done with the Western Conference! (YAS). I have Portugal, Netherlands and Spain left, Any preference which one comes out next? Have a good day guys hope you enjoyed.

France is very good. Very traditional, which is to be expected, but a nice modern twist. I do wonder how red would look, but if it doesn't look good then it doesn't look good. Can't wait for the next one. 

20 hours ago, Darknes said:

Let's see the Netherlands, I can see them doing an outside the box Kit

Sounds good! I'll try to make this one unique.

18 hours ago, alexandre said:

I love the general aesthetic of France, but I'd shy away from the fleurs-de-lis- they really aren't used as national symbolism in the republican era. 

Really? That's very interesting, I don't think I've ever heard that before. I tried to look this up just now but couldn't find anything. Would you mind just posting a few sentences here about it or just messaging me? 

3 hours ago, natolian10 said:

France is very good. Very traditional, which is to be expected, but a nice modern twist. I do wonder how red would look, but if it doesn't look good then it doesn't look good. Can't wait for the next one. 

When I go through the final edits for this conference I'm going to try a few things with France, like trying to include some red. In general I think the whole Western Conference will end up being the most traditional looking conference as a whole (like the Big 10 in some ways). Looks like it'll be Netherlands, thanks for the comment!

Netherlands will be out probably by tomorrow or Thursday I'm trying to take a little more time on it, more C&C is appreciated as always!

20 hours ago, alexandre said:

I love the general aesthetic of France, but I'd shy away from the fleurs-de-lis- they really aren't used as national symbolism in the republican era. 

I agree with this, sometimes even if these are concepts, you gotta be careful with those.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Archived