World American Football League *GREECE*

the_grateful_ted

American Samoa. Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, China, and Fiji are the uniforms/designs which I want to see.

You could use NZ's Ironblacks as a reference when they played in first U-19 World Championship. I wasn't completely sure with American Samoa's unifroms at first but hey they were a true bruising football team against USA.  

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see you back man. And back with a great concept. Canada is fantastic. I get a kind of woodland feel with it and yes even though the facemask is kind of a Oregon State Beaver copy, I really like it. I do wonder how the uniform would look with white pants. Other than that all the elements work well together and I can't wait to see what's next.

16 hours ago, RedfieldNick said:

AMERICA!!!!

I appreciate the enthusiasm! The USA will be up soon!

15 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Seriously dude?

Anyway 

Are Scotland and Hong Kong in

Hong Kong is not. Scotland was an interesting one for me, they were originally supposed to be in the Western Conference but I removed them for Portugal. I can make some expansions though! Who would be there expansion mate, Wales maybe? I'd like to hear from you!

14 hours ago, ZEGH82 said:

How about Germany? Or Russia?

Both are certainly in, I'll tackle one of them soon!

5 hours ago, JMtexan09 said:

American Samoa. Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, China, and Fiji are the uniforms/designs which I want to see.

You could use NZ's Ironblacks as a reference when they played in first U-19 World Championship. I wasn't completely sure with American Samoa's unifroms at first but hey they were a true bruising football team against USA.  

Australia, NZ, Thailand, Japan and China are all in. I'm trying to keep a certain level of realism, where countries so small they could maybe not field a competitive team would not get in (Fiji was on the line though, they are small but obviously as a people incredible athletes with a great rugby history. They might make it into expansions) New Zealand will be fun to design for sure!

2 hours ago, natolian10 said:

Nice to see you back man. And back with a great concept. Canada is fantastic. I get a kind of woodland feel with it and yes even though the facemask is kind of a Oregon State Beaver copy, I really like it. I do wonder how the uniform would look with white pants. Other than that all the elements work well together and I can't wait to see what's next.

Good to be back, you always give me some great C&C! I tried a mountain theme for a while but I already have Switzerland, and it didn't make as much sense for Canada as I thought. The woodland feel is much better. Ask and you shall receive!

CanadaHome1.pngCanadaAway1.png

I actually don't know which I like better, any thoughts? The next team will be out in a little while, always nice to hear more C&C. Have a great day guys!

19 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Australia, NZ, Thailand, Japan and China are all in. I'm trying to keep a certain level of realism, where countries so small they could maybe not field a competitive team would not get in (Fiji was on the line though, they are small but obviously as a people incredible athletes with a great rugby history. They might make it into expansions) New Zealand will be fun to design for sure!

I dunno if you knew that, American Samoa do have a full IFAF (International Federation of American Football) membership and was considered the strongest in Oceania above Australia (last game I remembered between 2 Jr. National teams and the final score was 99-0 (A.S. won) right before heading to 2012 U-19 World Championships), and New Zealand. Right now apparently Australia and New Zealand got better in all thanks to American Samoa. Also the fact about America Samoa, alot of colleges went there every year for recruiting the kids there with scholarships. They said that in United States, 1 out of 50,000 boys will make to NFL but while in American Samoa, 1 out of 5 boys will be in NFL. Right now I dunno maybe things changed, but AS do still play football. I would considered to do American Samoa in future, but not now. No worries and no pressure, dude.

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

22 hours ago, natolian10 said:

Thanks for the white pants. But I'm like you, I don't know which one is better. Both look great so it's a good look either way. 

I'm going to keep both options in mind, see what other teams in the conference look like, and pick something that brings more variation. 

6 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Great to see you back! I like he black pants better, but it's your choice. Can you try red pants on the away?

Why yes, here you go!

CanadaAway3.png

Another good looking option I would say, I'll figure out which will be the primary once I have an idea of what the rest of the conference looks like. Thanks for the C&C!

5 hours ago, JMtexan09 said:

I dunno if you knew that, American Samoa do have a full IFAF (International Federation of American Football) membership and was considered the strongest in Oceania above Australia (last game I remembered between 2 Jr. National teams and the final score was 99-0 (A.S. won) right before heading to 2012 U-19 World Championships), and New Zealand. Right now apparently Australia and New Zealand got better in all thanks to American Samoa. Also the fact about America Samoa, alot of colleges went there every year for recruiting the kids there with scholarships. They said that in United States, 1 out of 50,000 boys will make to NFL but while in American Samoa, 1 out of 5 boys will be in NFL. Right now I dunno maybe things changed, but AS do still play football. I would considered to do American Samoa in future, but not now. No worries and no pressure, dude.

This was fascinating, I had no idea! Samoa and Fiji would definitely be the most likely expansions for Eastern Conference expansion, thanks for the information!

1 hour ago, ZEGH82 said:

So there's Western which was European teams, Eastern which has Asian teams, American...what are the other 3 conferences?

This is probably a good time to clear it up. The Western Conference is teams from WESTERN Europe. The Northern Conference is teams from NORTHERN Europe. The Central Conference is teams from SOUTHEASTERN Europe. The Eastern Conference is teams from ASIA AND OCEANIA. The American Conference is teams from NORTH AND SOUTH America. The African Conference is teams from AFRICA and the MIDDLE EAST. There are significantly more teams in Europe because many of them already have much more exposure to American Football and are the countries I think could sustain and be competitive.

6 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

I'm going to keep both options in mind, see what other teams in the conference look like, and pick something that brings more variation. 

Why yes, here you go!

CanadaAway3.png

Another good looking option I would say, I'll figure out which will be the primary once I have an idea of what the rest of the conference looks like. Thanks for the C&C!

This was fascinating, I had no idea! Samoa and Fiji would definitely be the most likely expansions for Eastern Conference expansion, thanks for the information!

This is probably a good time to clear it up. The Western Conference is teams from WESTERN Europe. The Northern Conference is teams from NORTHERN Europe. The Central Conference is teams from SOUTHEASTERN Europe. The Eastern Conference is teams from ASIA AND OCEANIA. The American Conference is teams from NORTH AND SOUTH America. The African Conference is teams from AFRICA and the MIDDLE EAST. There are significantly more teams in Europe because many of them already have much more exposure to American Football and are the countries I think could sustain and be competitive.

That makes sense. How many (original) teams are in each conference? I know Western had 8 and Eastern had 10 and there was a total of 52, right?

Another pretty highly requested team, South Africa!

SouthAfricaPromotional.png

I came up with a logo that was obviously inspired by the Springboks rugby team, but I think improves on it for a cleaner look. I'm very happy with how it came out. Font is Boulder Bold by Conrad, uniform template by Scott springer

SouthAfricaHome.pngSouthAfricaAway.png

Helmet

Simple green lids, RSA for Republic of South Africa on bumper.

Jersey

Took alot of cues from the rugby team again. Messed around with the collar so it looks like an actual popped collar.Played around with colors, yellow only as accent. On the inside collar it says "United for victory"

Pants

Simple pants, bottom of stripe meant to look like south African flag.

Accessories 

Simple shoes and socks, happy with how they turned out. If you guys have any suggestions for glove designs let me know because I'm not happy with them right now.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. Very happy with the logo, happy with parts of the uniform. If you guys have any ideas on how to improve the uniform, LET ME KNOW. Looking for C&C especially on this, have a great day guys!

On 8/30/2016 at 6:06 PM, Rldeepcove said:

Love the work

Thank you!

On 8/30/2016 at 8:56 PM, ZEGH82 said:

That makes sense. How many (original) teams are in each conference? I know Western had 8 and Eastern had 10 and there was a total of 52, right?

10 for American, 8 for Western, Central and Northern and African, 10 for Eastern.

On 8/30/2016 at 9:52 PM, DNAsports said:

Could we see red-on-red?

Yea I'll get out to you soon!

On 9/2/2016 at 11:48 AM, ZionEagle said:

I love the springbok logo, the idea is perfect. The jersey is good, but it feels a little empty. Maybe add some stripes resembling horns or motion.

Jersey was definitely not my best effort, I'll get something new out later!

GreecePromotional.png

SO now we have Greece! A lighter blue and white color scheme. I thought about using bronze alot, but this what I settled on. I knew from the start I wanted to emphasize the hoplite aspect of Greece, it's too badass not to. Font is Cp Broncos by Conrad and template by scott springer from Mockup arena.

GreeceHome.pngGreeceAway.png

Helmet

I wanted the helmet stripe to resemble the plume of the greek helmet.

Jersey

Wanted some unique striping for the jersey, so kinda a curvy "slicy" striping. Contrasting cuffs and collars. Numbers have a sublimated greek striping. Inside collar says "Eliftheria I Thanatos", which means freedom or death.

Pants

Same curvy striping.

Accessories

Greek striping on gloves.

I am extremely happy with how this turned out, comments and criticism are always appreciated. Have a great day guys!

20 hours ago, fjw8 said:

Love the detail in the numbers. Greece is great!

Thank you!

So there has definitely been a decrease in the number of comments this topic is getting. Is there anything I've been doing differently, or anything else you guys want to see? I'll still be posting concepts, but I want to hear from you all how I can improve!

Archived