World American Football League *GREECE*

the_grateful_ted

7 hours ago, Broncoboy7 said:

I agree with this, sometimes even if these are concepts, you gotta be careful with those.

I'm still not sure what the situation is with the fleur de lis, is there anywhere I can find something about it?

5 hours ago, MontyK17 said:

I really like this idea its cool, France is probably my favourite, the fleur de lis' are nice touches!

Thank you! I'll try to keep these entertaining!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, alexandre said:

Thanks, after reading this it seems obvious. I'm kinda surprised I missed it. I think I'll be replacing them with another pattern or something in next round of edits!

4 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Great series so far. I like all the designs, but Ireland is just outstanding.

BTW, I'm so hyped for the Spain designs ;)

Thank you! Ireland has always been one of my favorites as well. Well I guess Spain will be next!

Well here is the next one, Netherlands!

NetherlandsPromotional_zpsbmlzs4ha.png

I took a little longer on this one, but I'm very happy about what I came up with. A lion with a crown that was inspired from the Netherlands soccer logo. I was originally going to go super traditional, but decided modern might be the way to go. Orange was the obvious choice here, I decided to just go two color here. This is probably my favorite logo I have done so far! Font is "Fighting Illini" by Conrad, jersey template is by scott springer from Mockup Arena.

NetherlandsHome_zps8bmniukb.png

NetherlandsAway_zps4xakvvcr.png

Helmet

So the helmet is probably the weirdest thing about this. Orange shell, with a triangle pattern on the back. Got inspired by the traditional dutch naval flag (just watched "admiral", great movie), and they also look like windmill shafts.

Jersey

Logo at the collar, contrasting collar and cuffs. Simple number font. The naval flag pattern is continued on the shoulder caps. The inside collar says "Een trots", which means one pride in dutch.

Pants

Simple orange and white pants. I had some striping much plain looked better. Also I think the Dutch pull off monochrome really well.

Accessories 

White socks for home and away, orange socks would have gone overboard for home. Everything else is pretty standard.

Hope you guys enjoyed this ultra modern one! I spent a little more time on this one and I hope it payed off! We're nearing the end of the Western conference, I'm going to do Spain then Portugal next. Comments and criticism are always welcome, have a good day guys!

So here is my critiquing for each part of the uniform:

Helmet: On the back of the helmet, maybe removing the triangle sprouting from the bottom would make it a little less busy.

Jersey: Good job there, no complaints

Pants: I think they kinda look boring because they are so plain, but striping it, I would agree with you, doesn't look normal.

Accessories: No complaints, good job there.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

I think the Netherlands look great except for a few pieces. I understand what you were trying to do with the helmet it just kind of looks more like a lighthouse with beams of light than the flag or a windmill to me. The jersey is perfect. I like the plain pants and I agree with you that they pull off monochrome very well. Overall another really good concept. 

On 7/8/2016 at 11:43 AM, Broncoboy7 said:

So here is my critiquing for each part of the uniform:

Helmet: On the back of the helmet, maybe removing the triangle sprouting from the bottom would make it a little less busy.

Jersey: Good job there, no complaints

Pants: I think they kinda look boring because they are so plain, but striping it, I would agree with you, doesn't look normal.

Accessories: No complaints, good job there.

I'll see how the helmet looks without the triangle bit, would I make the sleeve caps match that as well? I'll probably end up adding pants stripes in the next version.

On 7/8/2016 at 2:11 PM, natolian10 said:

I think the Netherlands look great except for a few pieces. I understand what you were trying to do with the helmet it just kind of looks more like a lighthouse with beams of light than the flag or a windmill to me. The jersey is perfect. I like the plain pants and I agree with you that they pull off monochrome very well. Overall another really good concept. 

Looks like the helmet needs to be simplified, I'll take another stab at it! 

Well a little slow on the comments this time, Spain will be up in the next day or two and more C&C is always appreciated!

Back again guys! A little bit longer wait, but here is spain!

SpainPromotional_zpsjjbklc8m.png

So I had two main problems with Spain. One was deciding Matador, or Bull? Eventually I decided on a bull and I came up with this guy. The other problem I had was trying to incorporate blue. In the end, I just cut it because it would just not work. So we have this color scheme of red and yellow. For those worried it looks too close to Belgium, BELGIUM IS GETTING A TOTAL REBRAND IN REVISIONS (or at least the logo). Anyway, here are the unis!

SpainHome_zpsgm02wbmo.png

SpainAway_zpshfv382fn.png

Helmet

So I decided I wanted something a little different for a helmet. I decided a yellow show with red bull horns.

Jersey

Pretty standard, the stripes on the back are supposed to taper off ever so slightly. On the away jersey and socks, the striping actually makes the Spanish flag!

Pants

Traditional Pants.

Accessories

Socks have jersey striping, cleats are red/white. Gloves are a little different, the flag with bulls running around.

Hope you guys enjoyed this one, mix of traditional and modern! We are so close to the end of the western conference, Portugal will finish it off. After I will release revisions, probably a map and a rankings table and then we'll move on to the Eastern Conference! C&C is appreciated as usual, hope you guys have a great day  

I really like what you have done for Spain, but I think there's a lack of navy. Personally, I would have made the pants in navy, and added some details in that colour for the shirt and socks.

Great job nevertheless!

21 hours ago, Darknes said:

Spain looks sharp, real nice..can't say anything wrong about them.

20 hours ago, Broncoboy7 said:

I have no complaints for Spain! Great job man!

Thank you! I was very happy with how it turned out as well.

8 hours ago, Victormrey said:

I really like what you have done for Spain, but I think there's a lack of navy. Personally, I would have made the pants in navy, and added some details in that colour for the shirt and socks.

Great job nevertheless!

That was definitely one of the harder things about this concept. I tried hard to include royal/navy in this, but it never really worked. I'll definitely try again, because that was my vision from the start as well. Thank you!

Portugal should be up tomorrow, as always more C&C is appreciated!

Guest darkpiranha

Nice stuff!  You have discovered some color combinations I've never seen on a football uniform before.  

On 7/14/2016 at 4:48 PM, darkpiranha said:

Nice stuff!  You have discovered some color combinations I've never seen on a football uniform before.  

Thank you, just wait until Portugal!

Aaaaand here they are! The last, and it seems least interested in, country in the Western Conference of WAFL!

PortugalPromotional_zpsad9zfru7.png

This was nothing like how I started. I knew I wanted to use Maroon, but Green was first limited to an accent color. However when put up next to other teams in the conference, it was startling how many just red/white same I had. So I used a lot more green (a mistake?), and came up with this funky color scheme. The logo is based after a armillary sphere,an important symbol of Portuguese expeditions in the Age of Discovery.The font is "admirals" (appropriate) by Conrad,and the jersey template is by Scott Springer from Mockup Arena! Speaking of Jerseys...

PortugalHome_zpsh5tmcay1.png

PortugalAway_zpsbd0hfztf.png

Helmet

A pretty standard helmet, I thought about continuing the Stripe down the facemask but I'll save that for another team.

Jersey

IS THAT A SASH? Why yes, yes it is. After I was done with the concept I thought about how plain it looked. Then I noticed the giant band from the logo staring at me. I only wish the soccer team had experience with a sash, that would be perfect. Just made the sash lock with shoulder caps. On the back collar it says "Be the First", in reference to the important explorers and discoveries of Portugal, will probably change it to be in Portuguese.

Pants

Usual pants to mimic helmet.

Accessories

Everything is normal, thought about mostly white cleats but decided to go all out here. Also made some asymmetrical glove pattern to match the whole asymmetrical theme.

So this a pretty out of the box set, what do you all think? Too much green, especially on the away set? Hope you guys all enjoyed this.I have one or two more things from the Western Conference to release, like updates to unis and such. Next is the Eastern Conference! (Hint: one of teams is South Korea) More C&C is always appreciated, have a great day guys!

Yeah I agree that the sash might be a bit too much. Maybe if the sash is minimized to the shoulder caps it might look better. But other than that the colors flow well and I like everything else about it

On 7/16/2016 at 10:31 AM, Broncoboy7 said:

I'm sorry, I understand that the sash is part of the team style, but I think it's just too much on both uniforms. Maybe try and find a different way to incorporate it so that identity is still there. Other than that, great job!

This was obviously a little riskier design, I'll fix up the sash in some way. Thank you!

23 hours ago, natolian10 said:

Yeah I agree that the sash might be a bit too much. Maybe if the sash is minimized to the shoulder caps it might look better. But other than that the colors flow well and I like everything else about it

You're not the only one! I'll minimize the sash in some way for sure. Thank you, these were fun colors to work with for sure.

16 hours ago, Uglybus said:

If you want to keep the sash, it could always be sublimated. 

I'll probably do this or shoulder caps. Thanks for the C&C!

So here are the updates! I'll just do these in blocks of four, from earliest to latest design! I'll put them in Spoilers to keep the page not too long

ENGLAND

Spoiler

*Fixed the stripe lengths

*Fixed the Number (from 2 to 4)

*Added WAFL logo and number to back of helmet

EnglandHome.pngEnglandAway.png

IRELAND

Spoiler

*Added number and WAFL to back of helmet

*Added Irish flag to back of collar

*Added "ROI" to front bumper, Republic of Ireland

IrelandHome.pngIrelandAway.png

SWITZERLAND

Spoiler

*Added WAFL logo and number to back of helmet

*Added "Switzerland" to back bumper

*Added Swiss Flag to front bumper

*Added Swiss Flag gloves

*Added "Reach for the Alps" slogan on collar

SwitzerlandHome.pngSwitzerlandAway.png

BELGIUM

Alright, I'm not putting this in a spoiler because these are complete changes. I was never really happy with how the devil logo worked out. I thought it wasn't modern-y enough for the uniform and the style I was going for. So I decided to go a much different route.

BelgiumPromotional.png

Still a familiar Red Yellow Black color scheme, but new logo. I saw a picture of a Belgian general from World War I, and I saw this kinda coffin shaped badge. I thought it looked very cool, and I wanted to associate "Red Devils" with something in the military. I thought it made for a unique shape for a super modern logo.

BelgiumHome.pngBelgiumAway.png

*Replaced all old logos with new logos

*Reduced width of numbers

*Added number and WAFL logo to back of helmet

*Added Belgium Flag to front bumper

I hope you all enjoyed these, revisions will be a more tedious process and I'm sorry for that! Next 4 Euro West teams will be out shortly, already started work on the first Eastern Conference team! C&C is always appreciated, have a good day guys!

I think the Belgium update and the Swiss jerseys are my favorite. I think you did the right thing by coming up with a different logo for Belgium, although I keep thinking of a European car logo whenever I see it :P 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Archived