ECHL jersey series by Jay_FS_Designs (14/31 Greenville Swamp Rabbits)

jay_fs_designs

Hi everyone! I'm currently working on a series to cover all ECHL teams with a new main set and most of them with a third aswell. I am using the same template for all of the designs and presentation will be pretty similar along the series aswell. I use the current CCM and league branding.

As this is a work in process and not everything is finished yet, I expect this series to take a few weeks time. It also allows me to consider all the feedback and make the following concepts better. So don't hold back with opinions.

I hope everyone enjoys this series as much as I do.

First up is Adirondack. I tried to make it show the affiliation to the Flames without being a straight copy. It's also supposed to show off the name "Thunder".

For the 3rd I decided to lose the red. I know some people say you can't drop the main colour or change the colour of the logo but in my opinion that's what a 3rd jersey is for. To try out something new, something different from the usual. And that's exactly what I did here.

adirondack.png

adirondack_3rd.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad you shifted to more creative and original ideas! You'll definitely get more attention with a more known league, keep up the good work!

Personally, I like the removal of red on the alt. It throws back to the old Thunder team.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

These look great, although I agree that you should fill in the letters for captaincy. Glad to see you working on a new series. The additional feedback working on a known league will yield should prove invaluable.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

19 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

These look great, although I agree that you should fill in the letters for captaincy. Glad to see you working on a new series. The additional feedback working on a known league will yield should prove invaluable.

On 5.7.2016 at 7:37 PM, joshhockey said:

That alt is very nice. One suggestion is to maybe fill the A's on the home and road jerseys, they get a little lost.

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far. I totally agree about the "A". Here's the fix:

adirondack.png

and on to the next team - Alaska. I dropped the green from the Aces' colour scheme as for me light blue, black and white is one of the best colour schemes in hockey. I just like how the these colours work together. Not much else to say about the concept - let's hear your verdict :)

alaska_aces1.png

I like that you left the green in the logo. A lot of people seem to feel obligated to throw every logo color on the jersey. In some cases, it's fine to leave fourth/accent colors from it off the sweater, as it just muddles the works. Good call.

I've always liked the Aces look and logo, and they're probably only behind Toledo and Orlando for me. You really honed in a great look.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

And on we move.. Next up are the Allen Americans. The striping pattern on the main set followes the logo pattern losely and the assistant captain's patch is the "A" from the logo. I know the 3rd is too solid to be really special but I think it fits well with the other two.

Let's hear some opinions.

allen.png

5 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

I'd recommend not switching the colours on the white jersey's arm pattern to match the logo. It matches colour balance-wise too. Great idea, executed well!

thx for the feedback. I tried that but didn't really like it plus I couldn't make the socks fit. But see for yourself:

allen1.png

• 2 weeks later...

okay guys, here's a fun one. To make this series more interesting I will be doing a few possible expansion teams aswell. This on is called Black Mountain Bears from Asheville, NC. For this team I wanted to do some out-of-the-box jersey designs. Let's hear some opinions on this

asheville1.png

On 7/23/2016 at 3:05 PM, jay_fs_designs said:

okay guys, here's a fun one. To make this series more interesting I will be doing a few possible expansion teams aswell. This on is called Black Mountain Bears from Asheville, NC. For this team I wanted to do some out-of-the-box jersey designs. Let's hear some opinions on this

asheville1.png

Man, I really like this concept. That roundel would make an amazing Alaska Aces Hockey Club third logo, aside from the concept. Great work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25.7.2016 at 1:45 AM, BeerGuyJordan said:

Man, I really like this concept. That roundel would make an amazing Alaska Aces Hockey Club third logo, aside from the concept. Great work.

I'm really surprised that I didn't see it. But now that you pointed it out I can't unsee it :D I'll change this logo into an alt logo for the aces to see how that looks. Thanks for the idea ?

The Atlanta Gladiators are next. I took the only really good part from their current jerseys - the diamonds - and put it onto my alt. Then I created a jersey around them. For the main set I decided to go with a simple striping pattern which I always prefer with very detailed logo like this one.

IMG_20160614_215436.jpg

Atlanta looks great, keep 'em coming!

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 3:08 PM, jay_fs_designs said:

And on we move.. Next up are the Allen Americans. The striping pattern on the main set followes the logo pattern losely and the assistant captain's patch is the "A" from the logo. I know the 3rd is too solid to be really special but I think it fits well with the other two.

Let's hear some opinions.

allen.png

I've always liked the Americans' identity, and your version is no different to me: very solid.

A few things I would consider: make the 3rd a even more of a different layout than the same logo in the front, maybe a wordmark or something like that.

I also find the use of the logo as the "A" for the alternate redundant and distracting.

Looking forward to more teams!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I really like that new alt.

Archived