dTG7ZN7JffT5zck1J3dXEyymmrq8UZFoV2kzfOVd

Q0nKQYp3oTfAiETzLeA_z8WNqyrrfeBOQi8ornAI

28172416506_3b6b05152e.jpg

ugWt5N1A1bc29TDAJtv9bYauQ6t3YgGoJ2DaJODm

pzh-x7GQKKsSm-Zdtv46gTUaBSq5_TfzpY8Zg5NC

XP9lMYn3u8BldDXEwRkrzkTkhKW5Dsv41rrzF91s

June 9th 2009 - Rondelle, Ocella

Press Release: AHBA Commissioner Karen Raito

"It is with great pleasure that I can announce that the Asacan HoopBall Association's inaugural season will officially begin on Februrary 20th 2010.

We are currently looking for owners and viable locations for six francises, two of which have already been purchased and will be playing right here in Rondelle.

I am also happy to announce that there will be a school based league, the Asaca School HoopBall Association, which will act as a talent feed for the AHBA.

HoopBall is a huge part of Asacan culture, and it seems only right that we show off this country's best talent.

Thank you all for coming out to witness the start of a big leap for Asacan sports.

Background Info:

First off, this is obviously my first topic here, so I will mention my art skills aren't fantastic by any means, but I will definitely try my best.

I'm planning for this to become a league/ season simulation but right now I'm not sure on how that's gonna work.

HoopBall is similar to basketball and shares many rules with it, particularly the NBA/WNBA, with size of the court, markings and height of the rim identical of the WNBA rules.

Where it differs is the total number of players on court. Each team has 10 players on court, 5 on offense and 5 on defense. The five on offence are not allowed over the half court line to where the defense is, and the five on defense aren't allowed over the half court line to where the offense are. When the ball is over the half court in either team's possession, HoopBall plays like basketball. 3 points for a shot outside the arc, two for a shot inside and one for a free throw. Each quarter is 10 minutes long, with a 5 minute break between the 1st and 2nd quarters, and also between the 3rd and 4th. Halftime is 20 minutes long.

The home team starts with the ball at half court for the first and fourth quarter, with the away team starting with the ball at half court for the second and third. Overtimes are 5 minutes long, and the ball starts at half court with the team who scored last. Overtimes feature 5 minute breaks between each overtime reqiured.

Asaca is a country around the size of Tasmania, and is a similar shape. Asaca has a mix of Japanese and English heritage with classical English architecture featured prominently. Many residents have Japanese first and last names because of the Japanese heritage, but there are even people with a mix of English and Japanese names. The AHBA is the only major sporting league aside from the ASHBA active in Asaca.

Asaca has two states: Inada and Ocella.
Inada has three main cities; Asuka, Chibihasa and Hikaru. Inada in general is middle class and each of the three cities feature a few offices and the usual collection of shopping centers and whatnot. Ocella features the highest level of difference in class. Ocella has two main cities, Rondelle and Turrif. 
Rondelle is a classic city with little to no modern influence, apart from the incredibly modern airport. Rondelle features a grand castle in which Asaca's royalty reside. Royal influence makes Rondelle very high class. In comparison Turrif is the grit and grind city of Asaca. Turrif features Asaca's only port and many small houses & businesses. Turrif isn't the prettiest place and the saying form follows function is especially true here. 

The AHBA is Asaca's new premier sports league. It's offices are located in Rondelle, Ocella. It will feature 6 teams in this its inaugural season, in two conferences (Southern and Northern) The AHBA is a women's league, with no current interest to form a male league. The AHBA does however wish to have 10 teams by the 2020 season. 

Let me know what you think so far. I'll be starting to make uniforms and logos as soon as I find a template for the uniforms. I will go more in depth with info about playoffs, more individual city profiles, schedule and other things when I get there. 

(p.s. I am male, though my forum name may not suggest that.)

2 people like this

Interesting idea, it seems like a more intense variant of basketball. I'll be watching for the designs. Is this on design software on hand-drawn?

7 hours ago, ~Bear said:

Interesting idea, it seems like a more intense variant of basketball. I'll be watching for the designs. Is this on design software on hand-drawn?

It will be on some sort of design software if all goes well. If it doesn't, then I will hand-draw it. 

I'm aiming to have some concept league logo's up tomorrow night my time. 

I also am currently trying to make up a uniform supplier, which the logo of will be on the uniforms. I hope to get that done tomorrow too!

I have added the league's logo, which will be seen on the uniforms along with the Uniform Supplier's logo, to the main post, C&C would be much appreciated.

Thanks Conrad for the font used in the logo. 

I'm now stuck on how I should approach the Conference Logos. 

27590495273_3df2448455.jpg 28172416506_3b6b05152e.jpg

Conference logos!!

C&C is appreciated.

thanks again to conrad for the font

1 person likes this

August 11th 2009 - Rondelle, Ocella

Press Release: AHBA Commissioner Karen Raito

"I am proud to announce that all 6 AHBA franchises have been purchased. There are 5 new arenas currently getting built in Turrif, Rondelle, Hikaru, Asuka and Chibihasa. 

To allow time for each arena's completion, the start of the AHBA's inaugural season has been pushed back to March 20th 2010. However, all teams will be revealed along with their uniforms in the next few days." 

And here is the first of six teams: the Rondelle Queens

For the Queens, I was going for a royalty inspired colour scheme. I originally had them wearing a much brighter yellow and brighter purple, but decided when I was making the logo that I should go darker.  For the uniforms, I tried to make them simplistic but timeless (Celtics, Spurs, Lakers) and tried to avoid going too overboard. I wasn't too sure on how the gold alternate would turn out, but I think it looks alright in the end. The black alternate came to be because of my unsureness on the gold, and morphed in to a Cavs-type big secondary logo uni.I originally had these with the side panels, sleeves and neck hole purple, but decided to put in the gold to differentiate them from the next team, if the next team up were to have a black alt. If people don't like either the black or gold alts, the Queens management (who are very brand popularity conscious) will pull them at the end of the first season. Note not all teams will have 2 alternates, but the league allows two. 

27983187240_82870dfa00_o.png

27648671944_71cfca7e1f_o.png

28229959736_50db655130_o.png

27983192880_a0438ebb2e_o.png

28160470602_ba751bd773_o.png

Thanks again to conrad for some of the fonts (I'll be using them heaps throughout this logo/uniform reveals).  The uniform bases are taken from here . I will be releasing each teams logos by conference, so the Northern Conference teams will come after the three Southern Conference teams. C&C is welcomed, and I'll ask: Is the logo sheet too jammed up with the jersey wordmarks on there?

1 person likes this

Woo finally! Here is the second of the six teams, and the second Rondelle team: the Rondelle Lions

Rondelle is a bit like LA in that it houses two teams in the one arena. The two Rondelle teams will have a fierce rivalry, and for people in Rondelle its either one team or the other.

For the Lions, I tried to go opposite to the Queens. A very modern looking team, inspired by the Sacramento Kings and the Los Angeles Clippers. I included purple here again, due to it being a colour associated with royalty, much in the same way the name Lions is too. The main logo is hexagonal in shape, so I tried incorporating that into the uniforms somehow. That ended up with the pointed stripe thing across the front, which now I mention it, looks a little like a crown. Each of the three uniforms are the same, just colour-swapped. 

28255011062_6b702b532c_o.png

27742465974_5697a97bfa_o.png

28255011702_21682e87cd_o.png

28279819851_49bd0f39ea_o.png

So that's it for this week, and I'll be back with another concept in just over a weeks time! Any comments and criticism is appreciated, and makes this thread seem a lot less of just me posting. 

Anyways, the next team will have a largely unused (in sports) colour scheme and will not be in Rondelle. Hint: The next team is based in an area with a port.

Like the concept. Not a real fan of the template though, looks a bit like a dress tbh.

7 minutes ago, Spanna65 said:

Like the concept. Not a real fan of the template though, looks a bit like a dress tbh.

Its supposed to be, considering its a women's sport.  

1 hour ago, Melody22B said:

Its supposed to be, considering its a women's sport.  

Sorry, read every other sentence bar that one. My mistake, carry on.

3 minutes ago, Spanna65 said:

Sorry, read every other sentence bar that one. My mistake, carry on.

No problems

We're half way through the teams now, only the three Northern Conference teams to go after this one. 

Without further ado, here is the Turrif Raiders.

Turrif is a gritty hard working city, and has the country's only port. I decided against blue or any sea related things with this team, as I felt it didn't match the team and the area correctly. I went "wild" with the colour scheme here, with green joined by brown, giving a earthy feel. I went through a few different design/sidepanel combos to come up with whats here, and at one stage had one side panel green and one brown on the home. I felt the sword kinda matched the "raider" theme, so I went with it.  

28641120016_860697e535_o.png

28641120666_cf7d7de73e_o.png

28641121736_28335a374b_o.png

28595053821_b5d8bdf8de_o.png

The font is from here: http://www.dafont.com/cagar.font?.

This is it for this week, comments and criticisms are appreciated, and make the thread interesting. Next time, it'll be the first of the Northern Conference teams. After that we can get to simming some seasons in some way...

Now for the first Northern Conference team: the Hikaru Heat.

This team's name came directly from the Miami NBA team of the same name. The colours are fairly bright versions of common flame colours, with white as the third colour. 

For the uniforms I took inspiration from Adidas' Olympic basketball jerseys, with a subliminated flame on the back, as that was the only way I could think of adding the logo onto the uniforms. Each is the same as the white home, just with red, orange or black replacing the white/orange/red.

The black alternate is your standard BFBS uniform, with the number above the wordmark (something I was originally going to have on all the jerseys) and the name below the numbers.

Hikaru Heat Logo Sheet.png

2DyDlQMWe1iKmSRQmVh4UB1rRFKA2bYgwPswYtLs

eMGscGal3xTb1YD-tCqujXisiMsSxYnNjWGtt9df

ACtlOUcMfErFRRBc8UfrGyZiBWY2WDGtxZU3l4h4

SvrGIjbLrPfSt4Co8KO7br8ZbpLBI9YkSRxuPyo6

This might not be the last one for this week, I may be able to pump out the next team by tomorrow night.

Comments and criticisms are appreciated. I'll leave you with a question: Which is your favourite team so far? 

And now for the second Northern Conference team: the Asuka Magic.

Colours and name are obviously inspired by the Orlando Magic, but instead of white as a secondary colour and black as a tertiary, I used a second shade of blue and grey. The logo with the star A is also inspired by early Magic jerseys. For a while I messed around with various uses of the stars, and then settled on what you see below. Overall, a simple-ish set. 

MCJAa-59Dn6ARV7JUQD60_N7-aH3J_Woe6j2QWaBxEujXL4spS64NBsTxapNGYBzliQJG76vZxzTScbrYh2jPa965gvkmN_zsdl8NS21GCMG2N_rTb-l3zQU60vSNuDi31sNn_ghzpzEQMevwh3xLHjd3zvTECWkVowirafK_KYqnoBVMX3NS4zgPbpj5BOTVY498m-2

This time I'm 75% sure this will be the last of the week.

As usual comments/criticisms appreciated. 

The question from the last team still stands.

I'd also like to ask for help with the last team, the Chibihasa Lightning. What should I do colour wise?  I was thinking about black or blue and yellow?

2 hours ago, Melody22B said:

I'd also like to ask for help with the last team, the Chibihasa Lightning. What should I do colour wise?  I was thinking about black or blue and yellow?

bump

Black and fluoro green/yellow would be interesting.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Spanna65 said:

Black and fluoro green/yellow would be interesting.

With black as the main colour of the away?

Just now, Melody22B said:

With black as the main colour of the away?

Yep. Looking forward to seeing what you produce.