Melody22B

AHBA - Asacan HoopBall Association: 2012 Off Season: 4 Teams' New Looks

Melody22B    47
2 hours ago, Balu the Bare said:

Understandable about the releases. 

I would like to see the map (also the world you're putting this in. I know it's based on this one, but I don't remember seeing if it's exact) so I'm looking forward to that. 

Another question about unis: Are they field hockey dress style unis or are those jerseys? Again, this may be something I missed in earlier posts, but I'm currently having trouble picturing the m in action...if that makes sense. 

I'm definitely interested. I love seeing what others can come up with! 

The map probably won't be anything special, (probably just a slightly edited version of the real world map...) but don't worry I'll make sure to include all of the countries that we know of so far, and Asaca will have its own map. 

The unis are field hockey style dresses, but my line of thinking was more down the route of netball (which is fairly popular here in Australia). I'd say if you looked up netball you'd get a good idea of the uni's in action

In a somewhat related side note with a bit more background on Asaca, HoopBall uniforms are worn in a similar way to that of say basketball jerseys as casual clothing. There are also basketball style jerseys for male fans (a sport as popular as the AHBA, would undoubtedly have fans of all genders), but many just buy the dresses and tuck them in as it's not seen as unusual. Heck, I would have some if there was a way to get them lol.

I'm glad I have at least one person as interested as you are! 

Melody22B    47

Speaking of maps; here is a rough map of Asaca. This map will get updated as the seasons progress and as we learn more about Asaca.

598b2eebc282d_AsacaMap2012.png.f0b1b505a5e8d353a0847fa02f69c6c5.png 

The three new locations, Haurn Island, Osyth and Kinori Bay all have relevance to the AHBA in some form, whether in the future or currently.  

Osyth is where one of the ASHBA schools (Osyth Girls) is situated, and is known as a very dark and dirty place, due to the town's involvement in industrial production in Asaca. Many stories of murder and crime often emerge from Osyth, furthering its bad reputation. 

Kinori Bay is a popular beachside holiday destination, which boasts the warmest weather anywhere in Asaca. Many wealthy people have houses in Kinori Bay which are seemingly rarely used, with only a large amount of exotic cars often seen driving around to suggest otherwise. 

Haurn Island is a small island situated north of Jarran. Famous in Asaca for its strange location and many abandoned houses, Haurn Island is often quiet and not much seems to ever happen there. 

That's all for tonight, but here may be a chance that the last four teams' new looks are unveiled tomorrow night.  

Melody22B    47

And I have returned with more AHBA goodness! I recently bought a new computer, so I procrastinated on moving the files onto this new computer... But I've done that now, so time for the last four teams' new uniforms & logos...

Offseason News:

"Today, the remaining 4 teams unveiled their looks for the 2012 season. The Asuka Magic, Chibihasa Lighning, Turrif Raiders and Hikaru Heat all unveiled logos and uniforms, which along with official press releases from SB, can be found below." - Official AHBA website, ahba.com.ac, 23rd February 2012.

Asuka Magic:

Main Logo:

36520076110_3f906c0ee9_o.png 

Secondary Logo:

36108473603_b570c82c79_o.png 

Uniforms:

36108474813_51cd46144d_o.png

36108475863_94355eb89d_o.png

36108477683_febd6e92fb_o.png

36776837641_f8ed4e4741_o.png 

Official Colours: Light Magic Blue, Dark Magic Blue, Smoke Grey

SB worked with the Magic to create a more memorable brand for the team, after their inaugural set didn't resonate well with their fans. The streaking star from the logo is used as the main feature of the uniforms, in various colour combinations depending on the uniform. The home uniform (as to be worn by D1 Sumi Nagai (#0)) is a direct translation colour wise of the main logo in the upper portion of the design. The away (as to be worn by team captain D4 Nana Tomita (#40)) is a colour flip of the logos' colouring in the upper portion,with Smoke Grey in the lower portion of the design to differentiate it from the home uniform better.  The first alternate (as to be worn by O3 Mina Kokawa (#17)) features a Smoke Grey and Dark Magic Blue streaking star along with ASUKA (MAGIC on all other uniforms) in the upper portion and Light Magic Blue as the colour in the lower portion of the design. The second alternate (as to be worn by O2 Sienna Connolly (#86)) is intended to only be worn at home, and features a similar design to the first alternate colour wise, only using Dark Magic Blue and Smoke Grey for a more monochrome look. 

Chibihasa Lightning:

Main Logo:

36108478333_ffec47e1ae_o.png 

Secondary Logo:

36108477953_613824af4d_o.png 

Uniforms:

36776839811_659fe71407_o.png

36108479773_0bf760f929_o.png 

36108481173_41c2104990_o.png 

36776841401_53bb40c01b_o.png 

Official Colours: Electric Yellow, Stone Grey, Slate Grey

SB worked with the Lightning to create clean uniforms that could be worn for several seasons with only minor tweaks, but maintain the excitement of the team's bright and bold colours. An extended version of the lightning bolt was used as a main design point in a contrasting colour to separate the top and bottom portion of the uniform's design. The home jersey (as to be worn by 2011 MVP and team captain O2 Suzuka Gibbons (#2)) features this bolt in Bolt Yellow with a Slate Grey section above to contrast with and bring out the Bolt Yellow wordmark. The away jersey (as to be worn by D3 Uiko Brooks (#13)) also features a Bolt Yellow bolt, with Stone Grey above and Slate Grey below. SB continued the Lighting's tradition of having the city's nickname on a Electric Yellow uniform (as to be worn by O2 Molly Powell (#22) with Rookie O1 Elizabeth Onodera's number (#21) (never realised that until now, but I can't be bothered fixing it.). Slate Grey is above and Electric Yellow is below a Stone Grey bolt for this uniform, with an Electric Yellow CHIBI wordmark. The second alternate (as was to be worn by recent expansion draft pick D5 Katie Yoshikawa) is a different take on an Electric Yellow alternate, with Electric Yellow above and Stone Grey below a Slate Grey bolt. This uniform also features the full city name in Slate Grey.

Turrif Raiders:

Main Logo:

36520094340_0ab36ae48e_o.png 

Secondary Logo:

36082280174_d627647512_o.png 

Uniforms:

36916556475_15f7e0c075_o.png

36520097250_1fa9e797e2_o.png

36916559465_c7ea5b32f1_o.png

Official Colours: Leaf Green, Oak, Steel Grey

SB worked with the Raiders on a uniform set that would evoke memories of their inaugural set, with out the sword imagery on the uniform itself. The home uniform (as to be worn by team captain D2 Samatha Tokuta (#83)) features a similar colour layout to the team's new main logo, with an Oak TURRIF wordmark and Leaf Green numbers. The diagonal design is reminiscent of the diagonal sword from the team's inaugural set. The away (as to be worn by O4 Bethany Wilson (#5)) is primarily Oak, with a Leaf Green RAIDERS wordmark and Steel Grey numbers. The diagonal design is also Leaf Green and Steel Grey. The alternate (as to be worn by 2010 DPOY Summer Bennett (#77)) swaps the roles of Oak and Leaf Green for a different take on the away's template.

Hikaru Heat:

Main Logo:

36082275214_a84e32f000_o.png

Secondary Logo:

36108482863_8336352a48_o.png

Uniforms:

36108484263_bd7175141f_o.png

36082276714_6590d40e55_o.png

36082278024_c9060f5745_o.png

36108485743_5bde6693b8_o.png

Official Colours: Flame Orange, Heat Orange, Flame Yellow

When SB was asked to "slightly update" the Heat's uniforms in line with their new colours of Flame Orange, Heat Orange and Flame Yellow, we looked to keep a large amount of the design from the Heat's inaugural set. Changes include an asymmetrical striping pattern/design to highlight the Heat's double orange colour scheme, and a font similar to that used for the Eslian National Team's 2012 IHBF set. The two oranges are side by side on each uniform, with the home (as to be worn by vocal captain D5 Abby Mitchell (#59)) and Flame Yellow alternate (Alternate 2, as to be worn by O3 Sanakao Shinohara (#55)) sharing one version of the double orange (Flame as the main stripe/design color and Heat as the secondary stripe colour). The other version is shared by the Away (as to be worn by D3 Chloe Norris (#85)) and Alternate 1 (as to be worn by 2011 Rookie of the Year O2 Gracie Bird (#69)) with Flame (for the away) or Heat (for the alt) as the main colour of the uniform and the other as the main stripe/design colour. Both these two jerseys use Flame Yellow as the secondary stripe colour. 

That's all for the offseason, with the 2012 Season beginning March 1, 2012. Results for Weeks 1 - 10 (and rosters) will be next up, and possibly some ASHBA (Asacan Schools HoopBall Association) uniform concepts! Comments and Criticisms are always appreciated, and how do you think your favourite team will do this season?

Spanna65    145

Wow! Some great updates there. Really like what you did with the Magic.

These are some pretty great updates! Especially Turrif and Asuka. I'm not sold on Hikaru's double orange, but that's more of a personal preference than a design critique. 

Good work here! 

Melody22B    47
6 hours ago, Spanna65 said:

Wow! Some great updates there. Really like what you did with the Magic.

I really wanted to improve on Askua's look, considering that I thought along with Chibihasa they had the worst uniforms and logos. Magic is an odd thing to try represent in a logo, so I took a more modern Orlando Magic style approach. This new look should stick around for a while, with maybe a few different Alt 2's. 

14 minutes ago, Balu the Bare said:

These are some pretty great updates! Especially Turrif and Asuka. I'm not sold on Hikaru's double orange, but that's more of a personal preference than a design critique. 

Good work here! 

I did feel that most of the teams (particularly the ones unveiled very early on) really needed to be cleaned up, and Turrif and Asuka turned out really nice. I did redo Asuka twice after I felt the first redo wasn't as clean as it could be. As for Hikaru's double orange, I'm no longer completely sold on it either. It looks strange on the Away and Alt 1. I'm starting to think I should have left Heat Orange as an accent colour on the logo and gone with just Flame Orange and Yellow for the uniforms. I did however want to take red out, so I thought the second orange would work. 

Thanks for the comments, I will endevour to have Weeks 1 - 10 up along with this seasons rosters by next week.

Melody22B    47

I thought I'd make some signatures, one for each team for anyone who's interested. There's also a AHBA one with all the teams on it, like in my signature should you want it.

37083134281_9f0512b2b7_o.png

37083136711_fc87a2e082_o.png

37083138641_a19ff7a8a5_o.png

37083141631_d1a6ea2d08_o.png

37083143951_d696651dd2_o.png

37083146801_e83388da5d_o.png

37083148511_5f4662a388_o.png

36388737994_618ec3b6f3_o.png

I hope you like these, and I will still endeavour to have the results for Weeks 1 - 10 up by the end of this week, but NBA 2K18 is out today so.......

Those sigs are pretty good, particularly the Lions (because go Lions) and the Raiders. I don't know if you do, but I really like how that update turned out. 

What do you play 2k on? 

Melody22B    47
4 hours ago, Balu the Bare said:

Those sigs are pretty good, particularly the Lions (because go Lions) and the Raiders. I don't know if you do, but I really like how that update turned out. 

What do you play 2k on? 

Thanks! If you're talking about the Raiders update, then yeah, it's one of my favourites, mostly due to the font.

I play on XBOX One, but region locking is a thing, so I doubt I'd be able to play with anyone on CCSLC.

49 minutes ago, Melody22B said:

I play on XBOX One, but region locking is a thing, so I doubt I'd be able to play with anyone on CCSLC.

Ah, that's too bad =(

What font is that for Turrif, btw?

Melody22B    47
9 hours ago, Balu the Bare said:

Ah, that's too bad =(

What font is that for Turrif, btw?

It's called Raider Crusader  There's heaps of variations, I only used one of like 10+