I dream my painting and I paint my dream

Mings

CCSLCers,

A recent discussion came about regarding painting as a hobby, which I and others on the board do. It seems like there isn't a thread to show off members' paintings...until now.

Lets have this be a central repository for showing off CCSLC members' painting skills!

Here are a few of my recent works:

The first one now hangs over my sofa and is inspired by a portion of my thesis project. The second is a self portrait done in a painting class I've taken (the background is the doors of a church in my hometown). The third is pie from said painting class and the last one is a copy of Wanderer above the Sea of Fog by Caspar David Friedrich (one of my favorite paintings/painters) also done in the painting class.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

What the hell. I've recently been teaching myself how to paint. It's mostly been a variety of landscapes, but the only immediately accessible photo I have is of this, where I was playing around with texture, tools and patterns:

QTrDTNN.jpg?1

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'd hang that on my wall right now. My apartment is desperate for some artwork. 

Mings, there is something about the geometric blocks that I'm really drawn to. That's my favorite of the 4 you've posted. I also really like the piece of pie. 

I'm thinking I'm gonna need to get into this. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

That's really nice DG. 

McCarthy, thanks for the compliment. So far the latest one is the one I like most too. The other three were done during a painting class at Lillstreet Art Center. Now that I'm just playing around and creating, I'm really enjoying it...especially because my creativity is stifled at work by partners that stick with their own style and being on the project management side of things (and the limited budgets/unwillingness to experiment for affordable housing).

8 hours ago, DG_Now said:

What the hell. I've recently been teaching myself how to paint. It's mostly been a variety of landscapes, but the only immediately accessible photo I have is of this, where I was playing around with texture, tools and patterns:

QTrDTNN.jpg?1

I really like it. Very nice work, D_G. 

BB52Big.jpg

This one ("Anxiety Bear #3 Blue) became part of the permanent collection of the Toledo Museum of Art, which sound awesome on my resume, but you won't see it if you go there.  They buy a piece of local art annually, but where they put it, I don't know.  Maybe they'll hang it when I'm dead.

557811_10200630678194039_1005492846_n.jp

Couple more bears...

1625803_1076942488440_374149_n.jpg?oh=ee

1625803_1076942448439_5971139_n.jpg?oh=3

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Wow.. I'm sorry for the background of that work, but the outcome is really impressive.

Indeed. That is some very impressive work. They really convey his mindset at the time - of course I mean that as a compliment. 

All three of you (Mings, D_G, and Oldschool) have some serious talent. I'd be proud to hang any of your work in my house. 

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This one ("Anxiety Bear #3 Blue) became part of the permanent collection of the Toledo Museum of Art,

Nice. I know very little about art and the museum scene, but I've always heard that the Toledo Museum of Art ain't no slouch. 

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

really great stuff OSV. thanks for sharing

its been a few years since ive done anything on canvas. heres the last one that i didn't even finish. 

486604_3319224950762_26868369_n.jpg

once in a while i'll do something digitally though. these are more fun for me. 

11108402_10203946420012174_68122650729903151_n.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 8.07.59 PM.pngaces_high_by_addicted2chaos.png

Whoa... that digital work is real nice!

I've recently tried my hand at some digital images (not counting my never ending uniform concepts), but I feel a little out of my element with them.

bear2_zpsmlo4trfl.png

dog_zps9vlq4jur.png

rino2_zpstoam6n9o.png

I originally intended them to be preliminary ideas for paintings, but with the patterns and text, they kind of became their own thing.

(By the way, I apologize for flooding this thread... let me know if it's annoying.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

(By the way, I apologize for flooding this thread... let me know if it's annoying.)

Don't apologize, your work is awesome!

@BrandMooreArtThat plane painting is sick man. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is that a P-51 Mustang?

• Like 1

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

yea keep em coming OSV! ive also found the digital vs analog world to be very different. some people can bounce back and forth seamlessly, one of my instructors in college could do this. i swear its hard to tell her digital apart from her canvas stuff, but i've never been able to even blend colors that well on canvas. 

Zion, yea its a Mustang. 

• Like 1

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE