CCSLN Airport Logo Thread

DTConcepts

There's probably already a thread for this, but after a recent bit of traveling, I wanted to bring up some airport logos. Some are boring, some are abstract, and some are great.

My favorite is Pittsburgh International Airport's logo.

Pittsburgh_International_Airport_logo.jp

But my local airport's logo isn't that great. It has good representation but doesn't have anything special about it.

PrimaryA2_Blue.jpg

What are some other good/bad/interesting airport logos?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My hometown airport (Oakland International) doesn't have a logo as much as they have a stylized slogan. flyoak_park_300.jpg

And the city I currently live in decided to play up the "Minnesota nice" factor on theirs:

square_pic.jpg

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

The Hartsfield-Jackson logo in Atlanta is fairly clean and attractive, although obviously from decades ago:

atlanta..png

I've always been rather fond of the Houston Airport System logo:

1280px-George_Bush_Intercontinental_Airp

O'Hare and Midway just use diagrams of their terminals, which I think is a really missed opportunity for Midway, since they have such a simple and distinctive runway layout:

banner_MDW.png

Newark Liberty has a rather dated logo that gets intermittently used these days:

300px-Newark_Liberty_Logo.svg.png

8 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Newark Liberty has a rather dated logo that gets intermittently used these days:

300px-Newark_Liberty_Logo.svg.png

. . . which is what I immediately thought of when I saw the Pittsburgh logo.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This is the logo of the airport from the city where I live in:

Barajas Logo 1.png

Nothing amazing, it's just a customized version of the AENA (Aeropuertos Españoles y Navegación Aérea / Spanish Airports and Air Navigation) logo:

Barajas Logo 2.png

My "local" airport --

easy.png  original.jpg

I'm pretty sure the plane/initials part of the logo has been in use since the name changed from Friendship International to BWI in the early-mid 70s.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

38 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

My "local" airport --

easy.png  original.jpg

I'm pretty sure the plane/initials part of the logo has been in use since the name changed from Friendship International to BWI in the early-mid 70s.

I'm actually flying into BWI for a vacation in a month or so. Honestly, I like this one.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Most airport logos are painfully generic.  It's funny that the original post mentioned Denver's as not having anything special about it; to me, it stands out as not only being well designed, but actually having something to do with the airport itself.

Speaking of weird and generic, here's San Diego's:

SAN%20GO%20horizontal%20on%20light.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

My "local" airport --

easy.png  original.jpg

I'll admit, it took me a while to figure out that the emblem was a plane taking off. :P

Since you got that one listed, here's Miami's...

1280px-Miami_International_Airport_Logo.

My local airport (Lehigh Valley International) has a meh logo; but has a really unique motto, encompassing the Lehigh Valley's three biggest cities (Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton) into its logo. [Airport is sometimes called ABE, because that's its airport code.]

Screen-shot-2011-10-13-at-4.32.33-PM.png

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

San Francisco International (SFO) commissioned Luxon-Carra to make their new logo for the opening of their international terminal in 2000 and came up with this:

brand_zpsk4eexg1g.gif

Near the same time, Dallas-Fort Worth International (DFW) also commissioned Luxon-Carra and in 2001 was given this:

DFW-Airport-Logo_zpsqbe8xdey.jpg

DFW was a little upset, but kept the logo until October 2015 when they changed to this from Interbrand.

neworangedfw_zpsupcujggq.jpg

1 hour ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

My local airport (Lehigh Valley International) has a meh logo; but has a really unique motto, encompassing the Lehigh Valley's three biggest cities (Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton) into its logo. [Airport is sometimes called ABE, because that's its airport code.]

The airport was actually still called Allentown–Bethlehem–Easton International Airport when I was in college in the 80s.  I'm not sure when the name changed.

My airport:

kcia_presenting-sponsor-logo.png

Have a lot of stop-overs in Detroit, which has a pretty terrible logo:

logo.png

Most recent trips out of:

Amsterdam...abstract but I like the typeface and movement:

1280px-Schiphol_logo.svg.png

Innsbruck (not so much a logo but a wordmark that fits with their entire city visual identity):

Innsbruck_Airport_4c.jpg

Florence...looking like a rocket blasting through from an element logo on the periodic table.  I really like the typeface.  Actually I quite like the whole thing.

Florence_Airport_logo.png

Flying into Reykjavik this fall...clever use of the K as the tail of the plane:

kef-logo-456x250.jpg

Archived