CCSLN Airport Logo Thread

DTConcepts

From November of 2015, "Reagan and Dulles Unveil New Logo and Passenger Pledge."

"This brand is more than just the color scheme and a logo. At its core an organization needs to stand for something; at Reagan National and Dulles International we choose to stand for our passengers,” said Executive Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer Jerome L. Davis."

I'm not able to find the old logos for either airport right now. In any case, I definitely noticed the change in the past year or two. It's a pretty notable move to use the same logo for both airports. Dulles, which is significantly farther away from downtown Washington, has actually begun to lose users since 2005. This seems like a move aimed at rebranding Dulles as more approachable and closer to the national capital. Dulles's entire scheme is very sleek and sterile. It very much feels like a "generic international airport" to me. I guess they'd rather it be seen as Washington D.C.'s international airport, rather than a general one located in Virginia. 

Can't find the old logos anywhere, but if I had to guess, Dulles's would be something silver and black or white. As a side note, Dulles has a gorgeous main building.

airport_logo_and_tagline_-_bigscreen.jpg

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/18/2016 at 11:40 AM, Drew22 said:

Hope you like logos with triangles!

Raleigh/Durham International

1748263-1425090656-300x225.jpg

As a Raleigh resident, it took me entirely too long to notice RDU's triangle is an accurate plot point of where Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill are located.

1307131909Triangle%20Map.jpg

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

cmilogo-sbo.png

C-U (this is as close to something as a logo of theirs as I could find), and Coles County Memorial airport.

mto_logo.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 2 weeks later...

Old: Outagamie County Regional Airport

IMG00505_20111213113644_640_480.JPG

New: Appleton International Airport

LzlYZvvZ.png

I like the logo (The T serving as a taxiway/runway is a nice touch) but I don't like that it reads "Appleton Airport International"

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

• 1 year later...

Two that I'll be seeing soon:

1. Tbilisi Int' Airport (Georgia) - the "logo" is really just their app icon.  It's run by TAV Airports which runs a few smaller airports in the Caucuses, Baltics, Balkans, and Africa.  The others that I've been to have their own logo.  This is the only one I could find for Georgia's.

512x512bb.jpg

logoyazien.png

2.  Boryspil Airport (Kyiv Ukraine.)

logo_purple.svg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Two that I'll be seeing soon:

2.  Boryspil Airport (Kyiv Ukraine.)

logo_purple.svg

Been in and out of this one a couple of times. It's been a couple decades but I do remember the departure area being much better than the arrival area. 

Three more from other cities I'll be visiting soon:

500px-Athens_airport_logo.svg.png A%C3%A9roports_de_lyon.jpgjk2cG2FY_400x400.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived