International Football 16-17

ninersdd

Time to start this up.

Apparently Brendan Rogers first game with Celtic was a nightmare, losing to a team from Gibraltar 1-0 in the Champions League. They should still take of business at home, but still, really?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Borussia Dortmund will be fun to follow next season. Feels like they bought every damn young talent existing this year. OK, they lost Hummels, Mkhitaryan and Gündogan. But they got Ousmane Dembélé, Raphael Guerreiro (!), Marc Bartra, Emre Mor (!), Mikel Merino and they'll propably get Schürrle and Götze, too.

Raphael was one of my favourite players from this EURO and Emre Mor looked like a future Messi the minutes he's played for Turkey. I hope Dortmund can finally challange Bayern again in the future.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Staying in a bit of 2015-16 news, but shifting into the new thread, Independiente del Valle are through to the Copa Libertadores final after beating Boca.

Independiente were a third-division Ecuadorian side 10 years ago. It’s a pretty absurd story.

6fQjS3M.png

12 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Staying in a bit of 2015-16 news, but shifting into the new thread, Independiente del Valle are through to the Copa Libertadores final after beating Boca.

Independiente were a third-division Ecuadorian side 10 years ago. It’s a pretty absurd story.

And amazing still that they may win the Copa Libertadores before even winning their domestic title which they have never won before, but they have a tough task against Atletico Nacional of Colombia.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Hull City's first pre-season friendly is done and dusted - a vapid 0-0 against a side who were non-League last season, and only two first team players limping off injured. Good job all round, I reckon.

5 hours ago, Jaffa said:

Hull City's first pre-season friendly is done and dusted - a vapid 0-0 against a side who were non-League last season, and only two first team players limping off injured. Good job all round, I reckon.

I see some serious Leicester City s**t coming from Hull this season. :P

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

4 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

I see some serious Leicester City s**t coming from Hull this season. :P

I see a long, hard season littered with misery and anger, but we're well used to that here. :P

Will Grigg was voted 25th at the UEFA Best Player in Europe award. lol

The ten final nominees are:

Bale, Buffon, Griezmann, Kroos, Messi, Müller, Pepe, Ronaldo and Suárez.

On 7/13/2016 at 10:12 PM, DiePerske said:

Couple thoughts.

hate Ligue 2 for selling out ne becoming Domino's Ligue 2. 

Losing Mandanda and Michy sucks, but l'OM might just win more games without Míchel as coach. 

Ligue 2 sold out when they sold their rights to Bein Sports and started putting all their games on Friday nights.

1zqy8ok.gif

1 hour ago, Breakwood said:

Ligue 2 sold out when they sold their rights to Bein Sports and started putting all their games on Friday nights.

It makes sense to get their product out there. It's a professional league.The teams need to bring in revenue not hope for government handouts.  If BeIn was willing to pay for games and asked they be moved up 12 hours to Friday night I'd take it too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It makes sense to get their product out there. It's a professional league.The teams need to bring in revenue not hope for government handouts.  If BeIn was willing to pay for games and asked they be moved up 12 hours to Friday night I'd take it too. 

I actually enjoy it, because now I can watch any game I want since BeIn broadcasts every Ligue 2 game live on Fridays and Mondays. I could understand the fans being upset about it, now that it's almost impossible to travel to away matches.

1zqy8ok.gif

Per the BBC, the Premier League announced today new player behaviour rules. 

Offences which could earn players a yellow card

- Visibly disrespectful behaviour to any match official;
- An aggressive response to decisions;
- Confronting an official face to face;
- Running towards an official to contest a decision;
- Offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards match officials;
- Physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner;
- A yellow card for at least one player when two or more from a team surround a match official.

New red card offences

- If a player confronts match officials and uses offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards them;
- Physical contact with match officials in an aggressive or confrontational manner.

On 7/20/2016 at 3:39 PM, officeglenn said:

Per the BBC, the Premier League announced today new player behaviour rules. 

Whilst I fully endorse every single one of these rule changes, I have 0% confidence of them ever being enforced.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived