International Football 16-17

ninersdd

Some news from Germany. Peter Bosz (Ajax) or Gio van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord) might become the new head coach of Borussia Dortmund. Another candidate is Peter Stöger (Köln).

1860 Munich will not get the licence for league 3. So they will go down to the German 4th or even 5th division.

Due to 1860 Munich leaving the Allianz Arena now, it will most likely get all red seats.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

Mandzukic, amazing goal!

He is quite the annoying player, but man was that a sweet shot. Don't even know what urged him to try that but I'm glad it worked out. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

7 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

Cuadrado sees red. I guess that was it.

I'm a bit biased (not a fan of Sergio Ramos) but that looked like a massive flop. Sports really are no fun. 

13 minutes ago, lordsketor said:

From France, Spain or Algeria??

I could see France giving him an offer if they don't win the World Cup next year with Deschamps. Their team is fully loaded this year, anything other than winning it would be disappointing IMO. 

All in all, I'm sad to see such a disappointing game for Buffon, but good win for Real.

u3J7jjd.png

1 hour ago, DScruggy729 said:

I'm a bit biased (not a fan of Sergio Ramos) but that looked like a massive flop. Sports really are no fun. 

Unbelievable call.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

7 hours ago, kroywen said:

I suppose it was inevitable. Real never lose in the Champions League final, Juve never win. 

Juve won in 1996 and if we counted pre-UCL years also in 1985.

Real lose three finals in pre-UCL years :)

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Juve won in 1996 and if we counted pre-UCL years also in 1985.

Real lose three finals in pre-UCL years :)

"Never" being an exaggeration for effect, obviously. Real have won over 80% of the finals they've been in, Juve have lost 80% of them.  The last time Real lost a UCL final was over 35 years ago - they've won 6 since then. These are two clubs with very long and very different histories in the UCL final.

I still feel like anything would be better than having Finals decided on penalty kicks. I get that Real Madrid won the Champions League last year but, really, penalty kicks are a crappy way to decide the winner. 

That being said - Perez has adjusted the transfer policy away from being so dependent on high-priced signings and in favor of youth and academy players. Who knows how the results will unfold; obviously, it's hard to keep winning the Champions League and as long as Messi is around La Liga will also be a challenge for Real Madrid to win, but there has to be a frightening sense that Madrid is only getting better the more this roster plays together. It's an impressive turnaround given how disastrous, in terms of on-field performance, Real Madrid were during Perez's first tenure as President (as well as how unsporting the idea of the "Galacticos" even was in the first place). 

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Mexico is playing really poorly today. Why couldn't they do that against the US last week?

EDIT: And as I say that, Mexico has significantly improved its play in the 2nd. New Zealand is screwed. Mexico looks dominant right now.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

23 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Mexico is playing really poorly today. Why couldn't they do that against the US last week?

EDIT: And as I say that, Mexico has significantly improved its play in the 2nd. New Zealand is screwed. Mexico looks dominant right now.

They were resting a few key players (like Chicharito) for what was an easier game. 

Also, I know this Germany team is pretty much the backups, but Chile look dominant so far. Inches away from being up 2-0 in the first 20 minutes. 

Archived