International Football 16-17

ninersdd

Some interesting results happened in CL quali round 3. Hapoel Beer Sheva kicks Olympiacos out, Young Boys Bern advances against Shakhtar and Dundalk wins against BATE. An Irish team in the CL group stage would be insane.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to choose just one, so I'll list some of the best ones IMO:

Karius to Liverpool 

Mkhitaryan to United

Gundogan to City

Kante to Chelsea

Mandanda to Palace

Hojbjerg to Southampton

spacer.png

18 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Hard to choose just one, so I'll list some of the best ones IMO:

Karius to Liverpool 

Mkhitaryan to United

Gundogan to City

Kante to Chelsea

Mandanda to Palace

Hojbjerg to Southampton

I'm happy i'm not the only one that likes the Hojbjerg signing. He's such a good reliable and flexible player. My pick for breakout players of the year.

5 hours ago, ThatsSoSpursy said:

I'm happy i'm not the only one that likes the Hojbjerg signing. He's such a good reliable and flexible player. My pick for breakout players of the year.

He's the leader and bright prospect they need after another relatively depressing summer after the departures of their top two scorers and their manager. I'm prediciting him for PFA YPoY. 

spacer.png

So... Liverpool beat some Spanish team 4-0 yesterday. 

I know, I know, it's just preseason and it means diddly squat, but still, watching the highlights, it was pretty cool. 

Also, how about this header from Marko Grujić:

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

They also lost 4-0 today against some German team. :P

What? There was a game today? I didn't even know :P 

Yeah that was bad. But, seriously, who's the idiot in Liverpool's front office that scheduled two games in two days?

spacer.png

Pretty obvious who is going to win for Serie A (Juventus), Bundesliga (Bayern, although Dortmund as a shot) and Ligue 1 (PSG), but La Liga could be a little tricky this season. I'm thinking Atletico pulls it out this year and wins by a couple of points on Barca. Thoughts?

No one has mentioned it here yet, but Paul Pogba's transfer to Manchester United has officially gone through for what's believed to be £89 million, which would be a new world record.

Not expecting OM to win, but qualifying for Europe would be nice. 

Oh, and avoiding regulation.

Might have to cheer for Lyon to an extent, just so PSG loses. Might have a chance, but closing 1-4 doesn't bring me hope for Lyon beating PSG. 

Dark horses all around. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

14 hours ago, officeglenn said:

No one has mentioned it here yet, but Paul Pogba's transfer to Manchester United has officially gone through for what's believed to be £89 million, which would be a new world record.

image.jpeg

Just saying. 

spacer.png

I don't think Bournemouth goes down. Hull has a spot locked down. I think Burnley will go down and I think that after many years of coming close, West Bromwich will go too. As for a top 10 finish for Bournemouth, it will be tough. I see them anywhere from 12-15.

On 8/9/2016 at 2:40 PM, Crabcake47 said:

image.jpeg

Just saying. 

That comparison is pretty lame. James Milner is strictly a winger, Pogba is probably the best versatile midfielder in world football and operates as such, defensively, when required.

12 assists was also the top of Serie A.

3 hours ago, lopernv said:

That comparison is pretty lame. James Milner is strictly a winger, Pogba is probably the best versatile midfielder in world football and operates as such, defensively, when required.

12 assists was also the top of Serie A.

That's the big thing too. Other than Higuain, no one else was on a massive scoring streak in Serie A last year. It should be interesting to see how he does against players that aren't as technically gifted as the defenders in the Serie A. I think either his assists or goals will jump up a bit if he and the starters for United stay healthy.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived