International Football 16-17

ninersdd

WiB's first EPL season update: 

I suppose I should worry about sounding bandwagon here. However, this Man City team has been awesome to watch. Beyond dominating the scoreboard, I've really enjoyed how well they seem to gel as a team. The flow of their gameplay is beautiful.

I'm not quite ready to call anyone my favorite (been trying to give a good look to as many teams as I can), but I've definitely found myself looking forward to watching them each week. 

I hate that I missed yesterday's Chelsea-Liverpool match. Those are two others that I've enjoyed watching. 

Trying to follow some of the lower ranked teams. There's part of me that likes to see an underdog win, especially when I'm a neutral observer. 

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, winters in buffalo said:

WiB's first EPL season update: 

I suppose I should worry about sounding bandwagon here. However, this Man City team has been awesome to watch. Beyond dominating the scoreboard, I've really enjoyed how well they seem to gel as a team. The flow of their gameplay is beautiful.

I'm not quite ready to call anyone my favorite (been trying to give a good look to as many teams as I can), but I've definitely found myself looking forward to watching them each week. 

I hate that I missed yesterday's Chelsea-Liverpool match. Those are two others that I've enjoyed watching. 

Trying to follow some of the lower ranked teams. There's part of me that likes to see an underdog win, especially when I'm a neutral observer. 

Man City is special this season. They have one heck of a team, I think KDB may be the Premier League's best all-round player. 

Definitely give liverpool a look though. We are one heck of an exciting team to watch, at both ends. 

Good on you though for watching the bottom half too, there's more to the BPL than just Manchester, London, and Merseyside!

spacer.png

Lol @ Man Utd

image.gif

And oh btw:

Pogba: 4 PL apps, 0 goals, 0 assists, 1 yellow card

Milner: 4 PL apps, 1 goal, 1 assist, 0 yellow cards, has learned a new position in a month

?

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Lol @ Man Utd

image.gif

And oh btw:

Milner: 4 PL apps, 1 goal, 1 assist, 0 yellow cards, has learned a new position in a month

?

United looked like they forgot they had to take every game seriously this week. They were so sharp in the second half against City and that was it. Sending out a scrub side in Europa League isn't taking it seriously. Get everyone ready, beat the pants off of Feyenoord and get back to winning in the Prem against Watford. They deserved that loss today. It wasn't a bit of poor luck, Watford came to play and won the match.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Lol @ Man Utd

image.gif

And oh btw:

?

That game was fun to watch. I loved seeing Man U get outworked. 

On a different note: can we just go ahead and relegate Stoke now? 

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

6 hours ago, winters in buffalo said:

Help me out here. Is scoring up this season? 

I was expecting more lower scoring games, and ties. Pleasantly surprised by the results so far this year. Please tell me this is the norm and my preconceived notions were wrong. 

Seems like. Used to be rare to see teams score 3, 4, 5 goals a game, but there have been multiple weeks where multiple teams have done that already this season.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1851957/next-swnasea-manager-us-owners-want-bob-bradley-to-be-considered-but-manchester-united-legend-ryan-giggs-remains-first-choice/

Please let this happen! I think Bob Bradley has the ability and getting a chance in the Prem could open up opportunities in the Championship for coaches like Jason Kries. If Bradley doesn't get the Swans job I think this will be a great chance for Giggsy to coach in a high pressure situation without all the united fans buzzing in his ear like would have happened if he was coaching at Old Trafford.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

And the horror story that is the England National Team of the last 4 or so years continues. 

There were howls of derision when Allardyce was appointed, but he leaves the job with a 100% win record - statistically speaking, he's our best manager ever. :D

5 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

I'd say more like 50 or so

I think since Beckham's red card at the 1998 World Cup it's been consistently bad to be an England fan. Scandals have been rife and the English press seem adamant on sabotaging any kind of success by overhyping the team and creating scape goats (Allardyce's downfall is all his own doing though).

50 years isn't wrong overall... but there have been a few good times in between, such as the 1986 & 1990 World Cups and Euro 1996.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Man, Arsenal are playing some really pretty football these days. 2-0 win over Basel today, but if they were finishing some of the pretty passing plays they put together, it could have easily been 5-0 or 6-0.

Archived