NBA 2K16 Team Relocations

ShinyHubCaps

Sorry if this has been posted before... I did a quick search and did not turn up anything, but I thought it'd be fun to have a place where we showcase any successful relocations in NBA 2K16!  It's a fairly robust creation kit, and it's predicated strongly on uploading logos from your computer to 2K's website, so the Illustrator folks aren't handcuffed by the in-game logo creation suite.  (Jerseys and courts, like I said, are robust and not a handicap at all.)

The reason I'm posting this now?  After 3 years in MyGM, my Clippers relocation to Seattle was finally approved!  Introducing the new and improved SuperSonics (C+C appreciated):

13717454_10209187876446315_3318596416122

13710526_10209187880046405_3835390350899

13738144_10209187878806374_2174772045163

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mind if we posts logos/relocations from MyLeague? I like it, no approval necessary, relocation, branding, everything is immediate which is nice. I ask because I also did the Supersonics - though I moved Orlando to Seattle.  Don't want to steal your Thunder. Sorry Seattle, unintentional burn. 

I tried MyGM with the Suns and Brandon Knight was always unhappy and being a pain, so I traded him, that upset the fans. Suns had no cap room at all so it was hard to get good players.  Yeah, I wasn't a very good Virtual GM. :) 

Just out of curiosity, how does one take in-game screenshots and where do they go on the PS4?  I know some games record gameplay automatically if connected online, which usually I am, but never can find any footage.

6 hours ago, DaRadniz29 said:

Do you mind if we posts logos/relocations from MyLeague? I like it, no approval necessary, relocation, branding, everything is immediate which is nice. I ask because I also did the Supersonics - though I moved Orlando to Seattle.  Don't want to steal your Thunder. Sorry Seattle, unintentional burn. 

I tried MyGM with the Suns and Brandon Knight was always unhappy and being a pain, so I traded him, that upset the fans. Suns had no cap room at all so it was hard to get good players.  Yeah, I wasn't a very good Virtual GM. :) 

Just out of curiosity, how does one take in-game screenshots and where do they go on the PS4?  I know some games record gameplay automatically if connected online, which usually I am, but never can find any footage.

Does it have a Kinect style option as well? That's how I  take pics on the XBox One. I just tell it it,"XBox take screenshot".

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, DaRadniz29 said:

Go to your application saved data under settings tab.  Then there should be an option for capture gallery for each game you've played.

(PS4) So what I do is I take a screenshot using the share button. And saving it using triangle. I then send it to my other account.  (if you don't have one, you can send it to me. My account is @Uglybus22.) You the download an app on your phone called 'PlayStation Messages'. Put in your PSN details and you can see your conversations and pictures that you sent. Select the picture you want and click 'save'. It will go to your camera roll. From there, you can upload it to your favorite image sharing site, and you should know the rest. 

(Xbox 1) First, acquire some fireworks. After that, drop your console from at least the second story of a building. From your broken Xbox, stick the fireworks in there and light them on fire. After they explode, put your mangled Microsoft peice of trash in a dumpster where it belongs. Lastly, go to your local electronics store and buy the superior console that is the PlayStation 4. Follow the steps above to finish.   :P

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

Doh, figures.  Guess I was just afraid to press the button. :)  I’ll check out the app and get the logos and arena screen shots up in a little bit.  

Have yet to play 2K16 online - I know the game of basketball, not horribly in depth, but more than just the basics, though I would probably be considered a casual gamer.  I’m more of the EASHL crew and many years ago played NCAA Football and Madden.

For those interested my PSN is tealtown_mg

Alright, finally got time to post these.  Seattle Supersonics:

Arena

The Arena Name: Seattle Center Pavillion

zPaXZqj.jpg

Uniforms 

Decided against the standard previous uniform for the Sonics and went with something a bit simpler.

yY3EuPL.jpg1u9vkND.jpg

Here's the rest of the branding for those interested. The logos and word marks are on the 2K16 servers under my PSN.  I know quite a few people have the Amazon Arena since they are HQ'd in Seattle, but I wanted to do something different and couldn't pick another company that sounded good. Starbucks Arena? Safeco already has the naming rights to the Mariner's Park. So I decided that the Arena is located within the Seattle Center District.  

1 hour ago, DaRadniz29 said:

Alright, finally got time to post these.  Seattle Supersonics:

Arena

The Arena Name: Seattle Center Pavillion

zPaXZqj.jpg

Uniforms 

Decided against the standard previous uniform for the Sonics and went with something a bit simpler.

yY3EuPL.jpg1u9vkND.jpg

Here's the rest of the branding for those interested. The logos and word marks are on the 2K16 servers under my PSN.  I know quite a few people have the Amazon Arena since they are HQ'd in Seattle, but I wanted to do something different and couldn't pick another company that sounded good. Starbucks Arena? Safeco already has the naming rights to the Mariner's Park. So I decided that the Arena is located within the Seattle Center District.  

Like it, but no numbers on the front of the uni??

Sweet, that was one of the things I spent most of time doing in 2K16 (really excited about the new features in 2K17 for expansion and even more teams). Largely I just tried to recreate some of the designs I found on the internet in game, as best I could anyway. Lots of the concepts were from this forum too.

Here's the Sonics, as designed by @Hoopladawg87

s1SDUb4.png

qf7apIR.png

QcuwUcF.png

qH4D9sX.png

Made loads more, but I'll just post one last one that I was happy with, to avoid spamming the thread. This one I designed myself, though for the logo I used Celtics rebrand that I found as the basis, and the wordmark is is recolored expos one. 

The Montreal Habitants, this was one of my actual MyGM ones and by about season three I was able to move Sacramento. I used the concept that the Montreal Canadiens would have been interested in sharing the Bell Centre with an NBA team (something which I read online) and so decided to called the Habitants. 

hcak8xx.png

vyTCTaa.png

wEoaJLd.png

6wPUJ95.png

NQDMWQB.png

18 hours ago, Spanna65 said:

Like it, but no numbers on the front of the uni??

Yeah I kind of ran out of room.  Wanted "Sonics" and the logo to be centered. I guess I could take a page from the Warriors and put the logo inside the ball, but not sure if that would work.  I might try resizing the wordmark and logo and put the numbers underneath and see if that looks okay.  

I also didn't rebrand the Warriors in MyLeague but I did change their uniforms - to something similar to the Run TMC era Warriors.  I used the royal/electric blue that was in the color palette, though after seeing the road uni's in-game, the shade of blue and the last name in gold (Home) might need to be adjusted.

Home

7OG7DNc.jpg

Road

KbSImEl.jpg

Home and Road Backs http://imgur.com/a/4bPHG

On 7/20/2016 at 7:54 AM, Rimbaud82 said:

Sweet, that was one of the things I spent most of time doing in 2K16 (really excited about the new features in 2K17 for expansion and even more teams). Largely I just tried to recreate some of the designs I found on the internet in game, as best I could anyway. Lots of the concepts were from this forum too.

Here's the Sonics, as designed by @Hoopladawg87

s1SDUb4.png

qf7apIR.png

QcuwUcF.png

qH4D9sX.png

This is so cool! Between these uniforms and the Grizzlies ones you posted, I still adamantly maintain that the NBA needs to go to updated versions of classic looks with the upcoming switch to Nike...

Archived