T. Kosty's ECHL Redesign (Quad City Mallards Added 29/29 Complete)

tkosty

Moving Forward  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame to see a series like this get very little feedback.

A lot of these look great & have very creative ideas, but I'm  not sold on some of  these  sets. Sometimes the smallest things can bug me & in a lot of these designs, it's your choice of  stripes. Not so much patterns, but rather quantity  & colour placement. It'll  look okay on one jersey, but then the balance of the other  looks off. I'm  sorry if this sounds mean, but I'm just trying to be honest here. Sometimes going more simple is best, like your Manchester set. While the Komets set doesn't  really need 5 stripes on the arms. 3 (BWB on the home, OBAMA away) would've  worked fine. I get you're  trying to be creative, but you have to make sure the design would  look  good  on the ice.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

57 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Shame to see a series like this get very little feedback.

A lot of these look great & have very creative ideas, but I'm  not sold on some of  these  sets. Sometimes the smallest things can bug me & in a lot of these designs, it's your choice of  stripes. Not so much patterns, but rather quantity  & colour placement. It'll  look okay on one jersey, but then the balance of the other  looks off. I'm  sorry if this sounds mean, but I'm just trying to be honest here. Sometimes going more simple is best, like your Manchester set. While the Komets set doesn't  really need 5 stripes on the arms. 3 (BWB on the home, OBAMA away) would've  worked fine. I get you're  trying to be creative, but you have to make sure the design would  look  good  on the ice.

Oh I understand completely. If I'm being honest, I usually start designing the white jersey for each set then move on to the dark...lots of the time this ends up in colours being shifted and moved and I just try and compromise on what looks best for the whole set. In terms of the striping, again, being brutally honest, I like simple, classic designs, I tried to push out of that box a bit for this series so it makes sense that not all of the designs would come out as I had hoped.

Thank you for the feedback, I'll keep that in mind moving forward.

• 3 weeks later...

Working on the finishing touches for 5 different sets. I've been stuck for quite awhile on a few alternates, but for now here's the Rapid City Rush.

Pretty similar to to Swamp Rabbits, and I went back and forth on the alternate for quite awhile. 

TKostyRCR.png

This has been a really excellent series.

When you're done with existing teams, I was wondering if you could do a concept of the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees and Laredo Bucks. They were in the CeHL until 2012 and folded a couple years before the league was absorbed by the ECHL.

23 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

This has been a really excellent series.

When you're done with existing teams, I was wondering if you could do a concept of the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees and Laredo Bucks. They were in the CeHL until 2012 and folded a couple years before the league was absorbed by the ECHL.

Thank you.

Just looking quickly at those two identities gave me a few ideas. When I did the Sarnia Sting of the OHL I had a bunch of unused templates that I think would fit nicely with the Killer Bees identity and Laredo had a great set of logos so I think I should be able to get something going for them as well.

I'll tag them at the end after I finish the rest of the current ECHL.

Cheers.

11 minutes ago, tkosty said:

Thank you.

Just looking quickly at those two identities gave me a few ideas. When I did the Sarnia Sting of the OHL I had a bunch of unused templates that I think would fit nicely with the Killer Bees identity and Laredo had a great set of logos so I think I should be able to get something going for them as well.

I'll tag them at the end after I finish the rest of the current ECHL.

Cheers.

Awesome. I covered the Bees for five seasons (I should write a book about that experience) and haven't yet seen a decent concept for them or their arch-rival Bucks. I think you're gonna do it.

Really looking forward to what you have in store.

Got a couple more finished.

Elmira Jackals. I had a hell of a time putting something together for the Jackals. I've done a lot of red/blue concepts so I had run out of ways to balance the colours. I added in the grey and I think it came out pretty nice. I couldn't find anything to use as shoulder patches (and I'm sure you guys are getting tired of me making generic ones), so I left the shoulders blank. I had made a different design for the alternate, but the blue version of the jersey was too nice to pass on.

Let me know what you guys think.

TKostyEJ.png

Didn't think that one would garner too much interest.

Next are the Worcester Railers. I tried to go with a classic look for the team with simple lines, but I combined it with a more modern font to go with the logo. The throwback is based off of the Worcester Warriors of the Eastern Hockey League from the 50s.

Still to come:

Evansville Icemen

Florida Everblades

Idaho Steelheads

Manchester Monarchs

Orlando Solar Bears

Quad City Mallards

Toledo Walleye

And a few requests

TKostyWR.png

Next are the Manchester Monarchs.

Went with a simple double-stripe design. Some probably find the colour scheme a little dull, but I've always been a fan of grayscale. Went with a grey alternate with a script logo. All in all I think it came out nice.

Still to come:

Evansville Icemen

Florida Everblades

Idaho Steelheads

Orlando Solar Bears

Quad City Mallards

Toledo Walleye

And a few requests

TKostyMMon.png

The Monarchs look great.

Since the IceMen are essentially never setting up in the Evansville/Owensboro area, again, maybe consider revamping the Portland Pirates identity, for the ECHL.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 12/14/2016 at 10:33 AM, BeerGuyJordan said:

The Monarchs look great.

Since the IceMen are essentially never setting up in the Evansville/Owensboro area, again, maybe consider revamping the Portland Pirates identity, for the ECHL.

Thank you. I've seen a few comments about the IceMen franchise but wasn't sure what the story was. Good to know. I'll see what I can do for the Pirates.

Here are the Idaho Steelheads. While I like the idea of the tree silhouette on their current set, the swooshes don't really fit.

The home and away set I came up with have a wave pattern sleeve and hem stripe. The alternate is a little crazier, based off of the tree silhouette of the alternate logo. I had made a version that had the mountain on the front and back, but I found it ended up looking cluttered.

TKostyIS.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2016 at 9:23 AM, BJ Sands said:

Awesome. I covered the Bees for five seasons (I should write a book about that experience) and haven't yet seen a decent concept for them or their arch-rival Bucks. I think you're gonna do it.

Really looking forward to what you have in store.

Still have a few teams to finish for the current ECHL, but I managed to put together two sets for the Bees.

The first is the more standard of the two, with a unique chest/arm stripe. The fauxback alternate uses the diagonal word mark with a two-tone colour scheme. The second set is a little more out there, using a honeycomb pattern as the chest stripe. I didn't carry the honeycomb onto the sleeves because I thought it looked too cluttered. Personally, I'm a bit fan of the honeycomb stripe, but that's just me.

Let me know what you think!

TKostyRGKB.png

TKostyRGKB2.png

3 hours ago, tkosty said:

Still have a few teams to finish for the current ECHL, but I managed to put together two sets for the Bees.

The first is the more standard of the two, with a unique chest/arm stripe. The fauxback alternate uses the diagonal word mark with a two-tone colour scheme. The second set is a little more out there, using a honeycomb pattern as the chest stripe. I didn't carry the honeycomb onto the sleeves because I thought it looked too cluttered. Personally, I'm a bit fan of the honeycomb stripe, but that's just me.

Let me know what you think!

TKostyRGKB.png

TKostyRGKB2.png

These look excellent and are very well done but teal was a big part of the team's identity for most of its existence. In fact, their last (and most depressing) pro season was when they dropped teal for some reason. Add some teal and these are 10/10.

And many thanks for doing these. Seeing this concept brought a smile to my face and reminded me of some great memories and fun moments from earlier in my career.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay...again. Things keep popping up here and there as I try to finish off the series.

Here's the Florida Everblades with the remaining teams to follow over the next few days. I tried to give them a clean look with an even balance of their colours. The alternate is based off their current diagonal alternates.

TKostyFE.png

The Orlando Solar Bears have a bright colour scheme. I'm a fan of their home/away set with the chest stripe and the roundel logo, but I thought I used too many chest stripe/roundel combos for this series, so I moved the chest stripe to the hem and the arms. Went with a solid purple home set and a blue alternate. The alternate has the same striping pattern but with the cuff and bottom of the hem filled in, giving a 90s look, which I think matches the colour scheme.

TKostyOSB.png

Archived