T. Kosty's ECHL Redesign (Quad City Mallards Added 29/29 Complete)

tkosty

Moving Forward  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I'm pretty well near the end of my OHL series so I figured I'd hop right into something new. Instead of posting random concepts out of order like last time, I will be going alphabetically.

I'll be using a combination of the Sportslogos Edge template and the HJC "Random Equipment" template (not sure who created each of the elements). This is my first time using equipment in my concept so if anyone has any tips please let me know.

Up first we have the Adirondack Thunder. I used an edited version of the wordmark for the shoulder logo on the home and away, and for the alternate as well. 

TKostyAT.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it! I think if it were yellow it'd look better with the name, but red is just how the team went.

As far as designs go, I think there should be some more red on the away, and more white on the home. I'm also not sure why you went grayscale on the alternate, but I like it.

Can't wait to see what comes up next!

Ask and you will receive.

I had a red version of the away put together, but chose the darker version because I thought the red popped more. But here it is!

Thanks for the feedback so far.

27 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Good start here, but a couple of things to consider:

I agree that there is not enough red on the away jersey. Maybe switch the yoke to red?

In my opinion, reverse colored nameplates should not be on jerseys.

Overall good start, and excited for the next team!

I'm not a big fan of contrasting name plates either, but I wanted to do something to set the alternate apart, since it uses the same design.

TKostyAT2.png

Up next are the Alaska Aces.

Their current design is pretty classic so I tried to stay in that vein. I'm pretty happy with how the alternates turned out, although I was concerned with how well the arms of the "mountain" alternate would match the hem. The logo for the mountain alternate is from their 10th anniversary patch.d

TKostyAA.png

TKostyAA2.png

Wouldn't mind a bit of feedback on the Aces, but in the meantime, here's the Allen Americans.

I tried to create an arrow/spike similar to that found in the logo to use with the striping pattern. The alternate has a bit of a Blue Jackets look to it. Let me know what you guys think.

TKostyAlA.png

I really like the blue shorts for the aces, but I think the white jersey would be better if it was more black dominant. I would go with alt #1 I think it looks the best.

with the Americans I really like the home and the away, but for the alt I think would be better if it was more of a color swap of the home, the stripe just looks kinda weird because it's longer than a normal yolk but isn't a full one. 

9 hours ago, BenD said:

with the Americans I really like the home and the away, but for the alt I think would be better if it was more of a color swap of the home, the stripe just looks kinda weird because it's longer than a normal yolk but isn't a full one. 

i have to disagree with this... i like the alternate jersey. it is different then the home jersey. 

great job on allen, alaska, and adirondack. cant wait for more!

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

20 hours ago, BenD said:

I really like the blue shorts for the aces, but I think the white jersey would be better if it was more black dominant. I would go with alt #1 I think it looks the best.

Thanks for the feedback.

I had a second alternate for the Americans. It's basically the same as the home, but with the arrows on the yoke flipped vertical and with the blue as the primary colour. Let me know what you think of this version.

As for the Aces, I see your point there as well, I tried using black pants with the away to have less of the powder blue and I tried using black as the dominant colour, but I just liked how the blue is unique to them in the ECHL (and the Solar Bears) so I wanted to emphasize it.

TKostyAlA2.png

10 hours ago, BostonStrong13 said:

i have to disagree with this... i like the alternate jersey. it is different then the home jersey. 

great job on allen, alaska, and adirondack. cant wait for more!

Thanks so much! I'm going to try and post something every two days or so but it might be tough next week, I'll see what I can do though.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay guys. Had a busy week last week!

Up next are the Atlanta Gladiators. Went with plain pants for all sets as I thought it looked too busy when I transferred the pattern.

Let me know what you think!

TKostyAG.png

On the Atlanta home, the logo gets a little lost, at a distance. Maybe give it a thicker outline. Other than that, I love these.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

22 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

On the Atlanta home, the logo gets a little lost, at a distance. Maybe give it a thicker outline. Other than that, I love these.

I see what you mean for sure. I made two new versions, one with a thicker outline in that same colour and another with a thicker, white outline.

TKostyAG.png

TKostyAG2.png

I'd have to say that I really prefer the white outline. Great stuff, looking forward to more!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

50 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I'd have to say that I really prefer the white outline. Great stuff, looking forward to more!

Thanks for the suggestion. I could tell something was missing from the home, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. 

I'll try and get the next one up tomorrow. 

On 7/21/2016 at 0:26 PM, tkosty said:

So I'm pretty well near the end of my OHL series so I figured I'd hop right into something new. Instead of posting random concepts out of order like last time, I will be going alphabetically.

I'll be using a combination of the Sportslogos Edge template and the HJC "Random Equipment" template (not sure who created each of the elements). This is my first time using equipment in my concept so if anyone has any tips please let me know.

Up first we have the Adirondack Thunder. I used an edited version of the wordmark for the shoulder logo on the home and away, and for the alternate as well. 

TKostyAT.png

Looks good, but usage of "Forest Green" or even "Garnet" for alternate would have been a better choice.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Wasn't hit with too much inspiration for the Brampton Beast. The only thing I'm a fan of on their current set is the hem, so I tried to leave it mostly intact.

The biggest change was the shoulder patch/alternate logo. I took the primary logo and superimposed the dog/jackal on top of the "B" from Beast.

TKostyBB.png

Archived