T. Kosty's ECHL Redesign (Quad City Mallards Added 29/29 Complete)

tkosty

Moving Forward  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/2/2017 at 7:51 AM, ~Bear said:

It looks good, but I'd like to see some orange in there. The Alternate looks a little off without orange to balance the logo's orange. 

Good job though. You cleaned up their uniforms well. 

Thanks. I tried not to clutter them up with all the different colours, but I agree the balance between the logos and the jerseys is off.

The Toledo Walleye have two of my favourite jerseys in the ECHL. However, while I like the Walleye's home and away jerseys separately, as a full set, they don't go together too well.

I put together a home/away set based off of what they wore previously, with a chest stripe alternate with the roundel (even though I just said I thought there were too many jerseys like that) and a larger striped fauxback version of the home.

TKostyTW.png

I would buy Toledo's alternate, in a heartbeat. Great work. I'm not crazy about completely abandoning their primary, it's a perfect Minor League logo, but your execution is great.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 2/13/2017 at 0:32 PM, Tanny81 said:

The Toledo concept is GOOD but I think the shade of Blue that acts as the base looks a bit tired. Maybe going for something more vibrant could work.

I agree and I did try to pick out a new colour, that's often where I get hung up on concepts. I just lack that skill in general I think. If you look closely I actually made a mistake and left the shade of blue I was going to use on the pant stripe of the fauxback. It's quite a bit brighter.

On 2/13/2017 at 6:02 PM, BeerGuyJordan said:

I would buy Toledo's alternate, in a heartbeat. Great work. I'm not crazy about completely abandoning their primary, it's a perfect Minor League logo, but your execution is great.

Thank you! I actually started out with the alternate before I moved on to the rest of the set. I agree about their primary, I am a fan of it as well, but I wanted to put something out for each team. 

Here are the newly announced Evansville Jacksonville IceMen. I stuck with the old word mark from the Evansville iteration, but changed the city name. After this I only have to upload the Mallards then the series is finished.

I put some shoulder patches on the home/away, it might look a bit cluttered with the yoke striping.

TKostyJI.png

I would recommend dropping the shoulder logos. With the striping, I think it makes them a little too busy. They should have taken the opportunity to rebrand. The Iceman havethe most boring/vanilla brand in all of pro hockey/IMO. That isn't a reflection on your work, though. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

36 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I would recommend dropping the shoulder logos. With the striping, I think it makes them a little too busy. They should have taken the opportunity to rebrand. The Iceman havethe most boring/vanilla brand in all of pro hockey/IMO. That isn't a reflection on your work, though. 

I've never been a fan of the identity either.

TKostyJI.png

I think that's a much cleaner look.

Up last we have the Quad City Mallards. Pretty straight forward. I love their set of logos and their colour scheme. I think darker greens are underused in hockey. 

If there are any other requests, let me know. If not, I'll take a break for a bit and build up some new concepts before starting up a new thread.

TKostyQCM.png

On 2/17/2017 at 2:26 PM, tkosty said:

Up last we have the Quad City Mallards. Pretty straight forward. I love their set of logos and their colour scheme. I think darker greens are underused in hockey. 

If there are any other requests, let me know. If not, I'll take a break for a bit and build up some new concepts before starting up a new thread.

TKostyQCM.png

Man, that alt is sharp!

On 2/21/2017 at 2:31 PM, BeerGuyJordan said:

Man, that alt is sharp!

21 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

The Alt. should be the regular! That is absolutely fantastic!  

I made a version using it actually, the only thing I was torn about was using white or vintage white for the road jersey. I'll track them down and post.

15 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Version 2, definitely! The white pops so much more than the cream...

The white does pop, but I prefer version 1. I'm just a sucker for non-white light jerseys. 

Archived