Hand-Drawn NFL Redesign - 6/32 - Philadelphia Eagles added

PrimalCookie

Hello everyone! I will be redesigning the NFL - but hand-drawn. Unfortunately, this means my MLS series is done, as I just can't think of ideas for it. 

RULES: 

There will be 5 jerseys in the rotation: home, away, alternate, throwback, and color rush. For you traditionalists out there, look away, as many of these designs will be very modern (but others will be going back to classics - I'm looking at you, Lions). Also, I am ditching the one-helmet rule, and giving teams a minimum of 2 helmets, and a maximum of 5. 

TEAM COMPLETION ORDER (Bold means completed)

NFC South

Falcons

Panthers

Buccaneers

Saints

NFC East

Cowboys

Eagles

Giants

Redskins

NFC North

Packers

Vikings

Bears

Lions

NFC West

Cardinals

49ers

Rams

Seahawks

AFC South

Texans

Jaguars

Colts

Titans

AFC East

Dolphins

Patriots

Bills

Jets

AFC West

Broncos

Raiders

Chargers

Chiefs

AFC North

Steelers

Bengals

Browns

Ravens

GENERIC

Pro Bowl (in ORLANDO :lol:)

ExJworW.png

#1 ATLANTA FALCONS

I made an ultra-modern look for the Falcolns, with (Nike talk) "cutting-edge number font representing...*25 mins later* ...And that's why we did it!" In all seriousness, this is a very clean design. I opted for red to be the primary at home, with a red helmet and socks, and black shorts and shoulder caps. The away is white with black pants and shoulder caps, and red helmet and socks. The alternate switches the red for a black helmet and jersey, with silver shorts, red shoulder caps, and black socks. The throwback is the 1969 design, although I'm not sure if they used a red or black helmet. I went with black because it looks better. The color rush goes back to the red helmet, removes the black shoulder caps, and adds red shorts. Should I continue this? C&C is appreciated!

image.jpegEDIT: Forgot to mention, I made the Nike collar because - sorry Falcons fans - they're almost a playoff team, but not, just like the collar - almost a collar, but not.

ExJworW.png

#2 CAROLINA PANTHERS

Another modern design is created for the defending NFC champs, the Carolina Panthers. The home is now blue with white pants and a black helmet and socks. The away is white with a black helmet and pants, and blue socks. The alternate is black with a blue helmet, white shorts, and black socks. The throwback/fauxback, which I admit I stole from another series because I couldn't think of what to do with them, is an all-white representation of what I think they would look like in the 70s, similar to what the Rays do on TBTC night. The color rush is all black. C&C is greatly appreciated!

image.jpeg

ExJworW.png

Football pants don't quite look like that. They are much tighter and longer. The ones you have look like simple athletic shorts. I suggest making them longer And a little bit thinner. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

1 hour ago, Uglybus said:

Football pants don't quite look like that. They are much tighter and longer. The ones you have look like simple athletic shorts. I suggest making them longer And a little bit thinner. 

Ok, I'll do this with TB. I just looked at a template on Google and recreated it.

47 minutes ago, llfhockey said:

Welcome to the boards

I've been here for about a month, but this is my first football concept

ExJworW.png

3 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I've been here for about a month, but this is my first football concept

Really? well my friend the ideas aren't awful they are actually pretty decent.... the execution of it not so much. Work on that and you'll be golden

1. The helmets are small compared to the jersey, small enough to the point the detail is unseeable. If you have to, use more than one sheet of paper.  

2. The jerseys are inconsistently sized. While better on the Panthers, I suggest making your own template (since you said you didn't like to use template) and either copy/trace to make consistent. 

3. I feel that five jerseys is too many. I think four (Home, Away, Color Rush, and either an ALT or Throwback) would be better. 

The designs aren't bad, but they are hard to judge. I like where this is going, I just recommend cleaning it up. 

One question: Are you doing logos at all (or at least redesigning some of the 'lower tier' ones)?

On July 21, 2016 at 5:03 PM, ~Bear said:

1. The helmets are small compared to the jersey, small enough to the point the detail is unseeable. If you have to, use more than one sheet of paper.  

2. The jerseys are inconsistently sized. While better on the Panthers, I suggest making your own template (since you said you didn't like to use template) and either copy/trace to make consistent. 

3. I feel that five jerseys is too many. I think four (Home, Away, Color Rush, and either an ALT or Throwback) would be better. 

The designs aren't bad, but they are hard to judge. I like where this is going, I just recommend cleaning it up. 

One question: Are you doing logos at all (or at least redesigning some of the 'lower tier' ones)?

The only logo I planned on redesigning was the Browns, and I was going to just bring back the 'B football'. Also, I will probably just do either an alt or throwback, as 5 is too much to fit on my paper.

ExJworW.png

#3 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS 

I'll just say now that I think the latest rebrand by the Bucs was a success, except for a few things (digital clock number font), so this is mostly a cleanup of their current look. Even though the season goes through the winter, I live 90 miles away from Tampa and the temperatures bottom out at 65 degrees (which we consider freezing cold), and in September-October range it's still 85 or 90. So, I pulled a Cowboys and made white the primary home (you'll see me do this with many of the southern teams - MIA, JAX, ARI for example). The white is also the primary away. However, for times when the Bucs are playing at, say, the Dolphins, then they will wear their red alternates. Red will also be worn at home. Since there is the same home/away, I added a throwback to the set - the Creamsicles (a common joke around here from fans of other teams is that they're just like Creamsicles - they melt under the sun :P). The color rush is all-pewter, which is actually my prediction for the ATL-TB color rush - red vs pewter. I tried to make the pants more realistic (although I'm pretty sure I failed), and made the helmets larger (the part where I scribbled all over was a red helmet, but it looked really bad). C&C is appreciated!

image.jpeg

ExJworW.png

#4 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

The NFC South is done! I created a very timeless, yet modern look for the Saints. I chose gold instead of black for the home jersey, paired with with a black helmet, pants, and socks. The away utilizes a gold helmet with a white jersey, black pants, and gold socks. The alternate is black with a gold helmet and pants, and black socks. All 3 of these have contrasting shoulder caps - home and away black, and alternate gold. The color rush is all-gold. I have plenty of time on my hands, so expect the Cowboys in about an hour or so ;). C&C is appreciated! (Also, I know I'm horrible at making a fleur-de-lis)

image.jpeg

ExJworW.png

#5 DALLAS COWBOYS

That was quick, wasn't it? Anyway, I made subtle but very noticeable changes to the 'Boys. The Cowboys are a navy, white, and silver team - NOT royal, white, and silver-green. So, there are almost no changes to the home/away jersey, except replacing royal for navy and silver-green for plain silver. The socks are still navy, but now have the classic 2 stripes. The alternate is navy with silver pants and the same navy socks. I think that the current Cowboys helmet is perfection, so I didn't touch it (Whenever I see it, I think "I can't tell you how much this star means to me"). The throwback is from 1960, and is basically the same throwback they have now except white. The color rush is all-silver, something they should've done last year (silver vs Carolina blue would've looked incredible). C&C it up!

image.jpeg

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, Spanna65 said:

These are ideas are good, but you'd just be better off printing out a template to then colour. It'll just showcase your good ideas better.

Or draw out a template and just retrace it for some consistency ;)

#6 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

First of all, I should probably say that I am a fan of their current set, and midnight green. However, I don't have a colored pencil that has a dark enough green to be recognized as midnight green. But, I do have a pretty good Kelly green - so I used that. Also, I eliminated all white in their color scheme and jerseys. "So does that mean there's a SILVER aw-" Yes. There is now a silver away jersey in the NFL. Anyway, the home set is green with a green helmet and socks, along with silver pants. The away is silver with a green helmet and socks, also with black pants. The throwback is from their sky blue/yellow jerseys from the 20s. The color rush is taken a step further: everything is black. That includes the numbers, shoulder and helmet wings, wings on pants - all with a green and silver outline. I hate these uniforms in baseball (I refuse to ever get the Rays all-navy alternate), but Nike is probably drooling at this idea, so I let it happen. Just a heads-up: I will be on vacation from this Friday to next Saturday, so nothing will come up then. I will, however, post all of those designs when I get back. C&C is appreciated!

image.jpegEDIT: just realized the color rush is way off and slanted to the side, sorry about that

ExJworW.png

#7 NEW YORK GIANTS

I'm back (for 2 days anyway, then I'll be gone for a week)! The Giants would have incredible uniforms if not for their inconsistancies, If you ask me. The home uniform is primarily blue, with a red/white northwestern stripe. The striping is continued on the helmet and pants (which are white, as I think the move to white pants instead of grey was a big upgrade). The away jersey features a blue helmet with an all-white jersey/pants combination, with a red and blue northwestern stripe. The throwback is from the 1930s, while the color rush is all-red. C&C is appreciated, and I'll try to get the Redskins up tomorrow!

image.jpeg

ExJworW.png

Archived